From FMOTL Wiki
(the following is still under construction - suggestions for other legalese words welcome)
- One appealing against the decision of a court
- One owing a certain sum to another.
- One answer a case brought before a court by a plaintiff/pursuer
- One who gives a right into a contract or deed.
- One who binds oneself to another by contract or legal agreement.
- One bringing a case before a court for a third party to answer (Civil Law equivlent of Pursuer)
- One bringing a case before a court for a third party to answer (Common Law equivelent of Plaintiff)
- One against whos interests a granted appeal may affect, usually either the plaintiff or defendent in the case being appealled.
- One who gives a right into a contract or deed for "consideration".