Eddie Gilfoyle "framed by Merseyside Police"

Discuss issues relating to the Police Force.

Re: Eddie Gilfoyle "framed by Merseyside Police"

Postby Hoops » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:54 pm

woodman wrote:Woah there hoopsy!

Do some research first before you make comments like "Surely you are not all talking about a cover up based solely on the man's claims that he is innocent? Am I missing other info somewhere?", otherwise I may suspect that you think I believe someone is innocent on the basis of their say so.

I've followed the case since it happened back in 1992, when my daughter was born, Eddie's child if it had been born would have been the same age as my daughter, and that kind of brought home to me how much he has missed when I read his story in our local newspaper.

Obviously, I can't be certain if he's innocent, but after having read the in's and out's of the case throughout the years, my gut feeling has always been that he was innocent. Do some research and come back and prove me wrong hoops, betcha can't :wink:

lol

It's a fair comment I make - I did say 'if I am missing other info'!!! :8-):

I have never heard of him until now, so I know nothing either way - but if you look back on the brief thread everyone has the cops judged and sentenced right off the bat! Saying 'my gut says he is innocent' is perfectly reasonable, and your initial point of 'whilst I have doubt he stays innocent in your eyes' is also a fair comment, we all listen to our instincts (or probably should). If it is a genuine mistake it is just horrible. If something like this is proved to be a cover up, then it is tantamount to murder as that guy will have essentially been deprived of the life he should have had. I will watch with interest...and an open mind!
Hoops

Postby woodman » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:57 pm

holy vehm wrote:Also just to add that a high ranking police officer has cast doubt on the credibility of the conviction.

It's a pity she didn't speak up back in 1992, she was Deputy Chief Constable.

Murder or Suicide
‘Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, no one but ourselves can free our minds’- Robert Nesta Marley (1945 - 1981)

‘All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing’ - Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)
woodman
Administrator
Administrator

Postby pedawson » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:07 pm

It would be a different matter if all involved in a conviction 'HAD' to accept responsibility if a verdict was overturned.
Would they be so keen to jump to the 'logical' conclusion if they knew they would be prosecuted and sentenced for the same period the 'alledged' purportater had served.
I believe our police and judicial system would change overnight.

If you are going to convict someone 'BE SURE YOU KNOW THE FACTS'.

Namaste, phil;
Don't be surprised to discover that luck favours those who are prepared
pedawson

Postby huntingross » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:06 pm

woodman wrote:
holy vehm wrote:Also just to add that a high ranking police officer has cast doubt on the credibility of the conviction.

It's a pity she didn't speak up back in 1992, she was Deputy Chief Constable.

Murder or Suicide

Interesting article....I conclude a cops unborn daughter died that day.
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby koekjoumoer » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:40 am

huntingross wrote:Interesting article....I conclude a cops unborn daughter died that day.

How so? do you info crucial to the case? In which case why did you not speak up in 1993?

This looks like a case of bungling cops screwing up a crime scene. Still twice befor an appeal court, twice the verdict was left to stand, nothing like a third bite of the cherry.
koekjoumoer

Postby Hoops » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:55 am

wow, what a case. I would like to read more.

I see potential mistakes, but to be honest police are trained to put preservation of life first above everything - and also are not trusted to pronounce life extinct, that is the job of a medical expert. I would have cut her down too, just in case.

The court case looks like it has evidence both for and against his guilt not presented, which based on the info given here (which I never trust in the media) wouldn't be right. I don't trust the papers though.

I certainly don't see the leap to a cops daughter here either - HR, what is your suggestion, that the investigation was purposely screwed over to hide the love child of a cop in the whole matter????

I see a book and movie deal in Gilfoyle's future...
Hoops

Postby huntingross » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:50 pm

Hoops wrote: I certainly don't see the leap to a cops daughter here either - HR, what is your suggestion, that the investigation was purposely screwed over to hide the love child of a cop in the whole matter????

Nailed it one, Hoops.

Easy ruled out, exhume the body and do some DNA.....unless....wait a minute.....was there a cremation ?

Occam's Razor.
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby koekjoumoer » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:02 am

HR I do not know whether to laugh or cry. Firstly Occams Razor means that the simplest explanation is usually the correct one.

A conspiracy whereby a cop does the following:-
Has affair with innocents mans wife and gets her pregnant. Then murders her in a manner so unusual that the state pathologist has only seen one other in 28 years. Then stitches up the innocent husband. Then gets all his collegaues to go along with the cover up. Just to avoid what exactly........ the fact he had an affair.....laughable.

hardly the simplest explanation when compared to what Gilfoyle says: My wife committed suicide and I was wrongly accused of murder.

Does anyone else support HR's idea?
koekjoumoer

Postby huntingross » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:45 pm

It all depends on which direction you approach the issue from.

Q - What is the simplest explanation for SO MUCH police incompetence in ONE investigation ?
A - A high ranking cop has someting to hide.

Get the DNA done and there''s no more to be said....

And I like others on this forum do not need the support of many or few to hold an opinion un-popular or considered not main stream....in case you have failed to see the common thread, we have all made a lifetime pursuit of it.
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby huntingross » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:50 pm

Do police get implicated in murder and escape conviction ?

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/8904676._Cover_up__claim_as_Cwmbran_man_axe_murder_case_folds/

Or is the simple answer the guy just got unlucky and the cops are incompetent.

THIS POST ISN'T FOR DEBATE, IT IS ILLUSTRATIVE.
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

PreviousNext

Return to Police Jurisdiction