Trust Vehicle Registration - DVLA

Discuss all of your private conveyance issues here. DVLA, Fixed Penalty Notices (FPNs), MOT, Tax, Insurance, Wheelclampers and any other related topics.

Trust Vehicle Registration - DVLA

Postby the_common_law_reverend_kenny » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:12 pm

A trust can be proved to exist once there has been a transfer of asset(s)

What better way to prove that transfer than to register to most recent gift which is a nifty little supermini... ( bit of a banger but reliable all the same)
I have filled the v5 out in the trust's name and will 'register' the trust as the recorded keeper.

Lets see...

:peace:
SOVEREIGN: not controlled by outside forces: autonomous; self-governing; independent "a sovereign people" <> "by any peaceful administritive means necessary" - the way of the order.
the_common_law_reverend_kenny

Re: Trust Vehicle Registration - DVLA

Postby the_common_law_reverend_kenny » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:02 pm

V5 now sent of,

We were of two thoughts one thought was to provide a covering letter and the other thought was to just send as per normal, let them spot the differences and respond as they should.

Went with the latter, just filled in the form as grantor, with a suitably qualified signature....

SOVEREIGN: not controlled by outside forces: autonomous; self-governing; independent "a sovereign people" <> "by any peaceful administritive means necessary" - the way of the order.

Postby Jim » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:59 pm

I like this. Definitely keep us posted

the_common_law_reverend_kenny wrote:filled in the form as grantor, with a suitably qualified signature....

Did you A4V the V5?

I was thinking about using the DISPOSAL (SCRAPPAGE) section of the V5 but I like your approach better, Rev.
All rights reserved, all wrongs reversed.
Jim

Postby the_common_law_reverend_kenny » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:45 pm

Did you A4V the V5?

Not A4V no, this is taking the 'vehicle' in to trust as an asset.

Postby the_common_law_reverend_kenny » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:37 pm

Got back the registration document V5 today:

It has come back in the name of the trust with my nominated 'person' named as contact.

Nice!... :shake: That was exactly my intention. The existance of my trust can now be proved with this V5, as this is proof of transfer of asset. Who is the trustee at this point is not an issue. Hence I propose that if you were to set your own self styled trust going this is one of the easiest -provable- ways I have used so far.

- I will have a pop at the insurance next from the trust perspective using this document as the base.
- also I would like to, later, proove outright (legal and equitable) title using these types of methods.( not limited just to vehicles and land of course)

Postby Farmer » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:25 pm

the_common_law_reverend_kenny wrote:Got back the registration document V5 today:

It has come back in the name of the trust with my nominated 'person' named as contact.

Nice!... :shake: That was exactly my intention. The existance of my trust can now be proved with this V5, as this is proof of transfer of asset. Who is the trustee at this point is not an issue. Hence I propose that if you were to set your own self styled trust going this is one of the easiest -provable- ways I have used so far.

- I will have a pop at the insurance next from the trust perspective using this document as the base.
- also I would like to, later, proove outright (legal and equitable) title using these types of methods.( not limited just to vehicles and land of course)

So is the purpose of this just to prove the existence of the trust, or more?
If you're scared of 'them' poisoning 'us' with some shit then maybe you haven't noticed the shit they are already poisoning us with.
- prajna - fmotl.co.uk forum 2011
Farmer

Postby the_common_law_reverend_kenny » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:10 pm

So is the purpose of this just to prove the existence of the trust, or more?

that yes and more...

Postby Nick Storm » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:51 am

the_common_law_reverend_kenny wrote:Got back the registration document V5 today:

Hi,

This is brilliant. I'm doing some preperation for setting up a family trust (highlighted through the universal Community Trust) and the vehicle thing is on my to do list.

I wondered if you've had any updates since about this? I've got my V5 here and was wondering what you wrote in which box to get them to put it in your trusts name and have you as a contact. I have the option of Mr/Mrs/Miss; title(eg Ms, Rev etc, or Business name); Frist name; Surname; adress...

I was thinking about:
mr/mrs/miss - leave blank
title - "Nicks family trust" (or what ever name I decide for the trust)
first name - "Nick"
surname - "Storm"
address - "trusts house, trusts street etc"

Any thoughts?

Would this actually make a difference? I guess as you pointed out above it would at least prove that it is trust, so if anyone wanted to remove it they would have to prove a valid calim first (I know they should anyways but I don't know how often that actually do before towing it)

Nick Storm

Postby Nick Storm » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:51 am

mind you... is the de-registering path a better route?

putting vehicle in to trust = the V5 says it's for documenting "who is responsible for registering and taxing the vehicle" so I assume it means consent to tax the vehicle (?) but it's a ring fence around speeding fines/PCN's and other road traffic offence because the claimant would need to show the trustee a valid calim/obligation to performa duty before any payments can be made.

deregistering - likely to get pulled over, especially living in a city (if the plates are in someway conspicuous)... (hmmm) but then guess it's a case of dealing with any complaints / claims in the same way... [sorry for confusion I'm just hinking out loud]

I've not done it but briefly spoken with someone who has and they weren't for recommending it. I've not seen the details so I don't know if there are imporvements that could be made on the process. I'm not expecting either solution to be without it's hasle factors.

peace.
Nick Storm

Postby the_common_law_reverend_kenny » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:48 am

No Hassle so far with the trust.

From a diplomatic point of view the vehicles are identifiable. The plates are the biggest question as is noted on other posts.

cl

Next

Return to Motoring issues