R4C - Refusal for Cause

R4C - Refusal for Cause

Postby huntingross » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:17 pm

There was talk on here many months ago about why we should "conditionally accept" something for which we had never had any intention to contract for.....stuff out of the blue.

It was mooted that saying "No" is good enough in these circumstances but some were left feeling that this may be considered dishonour.

Now forgive me if I have been slow on this, whilst "No" is perfectly acceptable (PERFECTLY)....for those that wish to clear up any doubt.....Refusal for Cause without Dishonour.....is the solution.

It is our right not to contract with whom so ever we don't want to contract with.

You can itemise the cause(s) or reasons why you don't wish to "accept" the offer or not....the choice is yours.

It has a time limit on it, this appears hazy to my mind, but seems to be accepted at 3 days (72 hours).

The implication here is that even if you don't wish to contract and there was no time limit stipulated, it may have been implied that a response was required.....so beware.
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Re: R4C - Refusal for Cause

Postby The Freeman-on-the-Land known as Michael » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:23 pm

I wholeheartedly endorse this method, and have used it to successfully deal with two unsolicited offers of a fixed penalty notice, the tales of which can be read below:

http://self-realisation.com/equity/case-studies/success-against-the-parking-bandits/

Namaste
Nothing, except the truth, is like it seems to be.

All Rights Reserved - Without Prejudice - Without Recourse - Non-Assumpsit
The Freeman-on-the-Land known as Michael

Postby huntingross » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:35 pm

Thank you Michael.....an excellent example, and I for one now feel comfortable using something I had previously glanced over....it's all a journey.

I also note you have added "Without Prejudice Without Recourse"

Good luck everyone, this is so much better than NO.
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby freethinker » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:52 pm

i tried that on a fpn i got. didnt work. they still sent a notice to my address.
Namaste.
chris

its just a ride.........

All rights reserved,exercised at will & fully defended, by the grace of god,the rule of law & the law of the land.
freethinker

Postby huntingross » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:04 pm

Did you send that back R4C too ?.....I'm trying to understand the process....maybe they didn't understand the process ??
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby The Freeman-on-the-Land known as Michael » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:09 pm

freethinker wrote:i tried that on a fpn i got. didnt work. they still sent a notice to my address.

Some questions:

Did you return it to the issuer within 72 hours by recorded post?

Did you already have an account with the parking bandits, with FPN's outstanding or in dispute?

Did you R4C the Noitce to Owner?

Namaste

Postby freethinker » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:20 pm

yes

yes

no
Namaste.
chris

its just a ride.........

All rights reserved,exercised at will & fully defended, by the grace of god,the rule of law & the law of the land.
freethinker

Postby Jim » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:05 pm

received a court summons this morning for a parking ticket I got back in May. It's a 15 page document consisting of a Summons, a description of the offence, a Plea Form, a Statement of Financial Circumstances (erm, rearrange the following words into a well known phrase or saying: "Off", "Fuck") and a Witness Statement (which is not signed despite starting with the words "This statement (consisting of 2 pages each signed by me)...")

I've just put it in the handy pre-paid return envelope with "REFUSED FOR CAUSE, WITHOUT DISHONOUR, WITHOUT RECOURSE" written across every page in massive black letters. I'll post it tomorrow and let you know if I ever hear from "them" again.

Peace

J
All rights reserved, all wrongs reversed.
Jim

Postby kevin » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:13 pm

Hmm, :thinks: if you send it back with "WITHOUT PREJUDICE" written on it, then they cant use it as evidence without your permission , what do they have to show the court? NOTHING!
kevin

Postby The Freeman-on-the-Land known as Michael » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:22 pm

kevin wrote:Hmm, :thinks: if you send it back with "WITHOUT PREJUDICE" written on it, then they cant use it as evidence without your permission , what do they have to show the court? NOTHING!

Very succinctly expressed Kevin. That is why continuing to R4C every new offer received also works efficiently.

Peace

Next

Return to General chat