Sheriff Officers

Income Tax, Council Tax, National Insurance and VAT issues.

Sheriff Officers

Postby DannyBhoy » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:34 pm

does anyone know the powers of these beings?

Do they require a contract to attempt joinder with you, what defence do we have when dealing with them when they come out with attempts to bully you for the council tax?

Many thanks.
Words Are Weapons
DannyBhoy

Re: Sheriff Officers

Postby freeman-matt » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:44 pm

Hello brother and welcome................they have as much power as you allow them to have......................love to all...........x
freeman-matt

Postby DannyBhoy » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:00 pm

lol, many thanks Mat, thats so true mate , however, can i stop them arresting my wages?

If i just refuse to converse with them, does that give them further powers ti just do what they want?
Words Are Weapons
DannyBhoy

Postby DannyBhoy » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:23 pm

would i be correct in thinking that Sherrif Officers are 3rd party interveners, same a DCA's?

It appears that they are private run for profit company's, who force themselves on you and order wages arrestment etc, surley they need your consent as well, any thoughts, as i really don't want to contact them and i'm running out of time?

Many Thanks,
Dan.
Words Are Weapons
DannyBhoy

Postby Jim » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:38 pm

I'd plead SKINT and ask them how they expect me to give them something I don't have. If push came to shove I'd write them out a cheque for £3 and make it clear to them that I was trying to help and if they didn't want to accept my offer that was up to them. I wouldn't make a statement and I wouldn't sign anything either (obviously). They're almost certainly just following procedures and, consequently, they probably aren't that confident that they actually know what they're doing. If you can come across like you know EXACTLY what you're doing they'll start to question their own cause. Bingo. You've got them on the back foot and can confidently instruct them to get the fuck off your property even if it's not actually yours.

That's what I reckon anyway :)

Peace (and good luck!)

J
All rights reserved, all wrongs reversed.
Jim

Postby DannyBhoy » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:44 pm

Thanks Jim, i couldn't agree more mate, unfortunatley they are going for wages arrestment on me.
Words Are Weapons
DannyBhoy

Postby Jim » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:17 pm

Hmm. That's slightly different to them simply making demands for payment. I guess what it boils down to is how good is your relationship with the PERSON paying your wages? Can you convince them of the worthiness of your cause and get them to join the fight on your side (cos they are gonna have to join the fight one way or the other)?

Peace

J
All rights reserved, all wrongs reversed.
Jim

Postby nayga73 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:35 pm

I myself have had dealings with Scott and Company and let me tell you,they haven't got a clue and are bare faced liars,even the phone jockeys will tell you they are sheriff officers!!Also there is a a manager at the Edinburgh office(Steve Newman) who likes to think of himself as a Sherrif Officer but is only actually a Review manager,in a recorded conversation between him and myself,he made this statement,"As sheriff officers,we have a duty to act upon the orders of the court".Now correct me if I am wrong,is he not making an inference to actually being a sheriff officer?When I pointed out that the only sheriff officer appointed to that office must have had a sex change and must have a twin he was obviously puzzled,in reality there is only 1 sole sheriff officer attached to that office and she is a woman(Joy Glass),the other 3 are men and are both SO's and messengers at arms,all this,even though he knew he was being recorded,he still blatantly lied and perhaps may have committed an offence(impersonating an officer of the court?)I have quoted and quoted the law to them numerous times and it always falls on deaf ears.My advice would be to treat them as a DCA and have nothing to do with them.I have also spoken to SMASO(The Society of Messengers-at-Arms and Sheriff Officers) administrative secretary and he has confirmed that Scott and Co are a private company,so i would deal with them accordingly and be prepared whenever you contact them,always do your research m8,it will help you no end!!
Hope this helps you

Nayga73
'Lies can run for a year, but truth can catch them in a day'. Old african proverb
nayga73

Postby DannyBhoy » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:52 pm

Thanks very much,

they sent me out a statement of means form, which i returned unopen with no contract return to sender on it. I guess its just waiting on round 3 now.
Words Are Weapons
DannyBhoy

Return to Taxes