Admiralty Courts... how it should be done.

Jobaboba's Jokes Factory. (Only for those who are feeling silly)

Admiralty Courts... how it should be done.

Postby SoulWave » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:57 pm

I came accross this on HowToLawSchool, and I must say, I found it hilarious. :rotfl:

http://howtolawschool.blogspot.com/2005/03/admiralty-101.html

I think I might use the scenario presented as a base for when my Council Tax Summons comes and I may have to go and establish jurisdiction (and it's due any day soon, I'm sure).

"Ahoy! Cap'n. I be 'ere to establish jurisdiction, me 'earties! Aarrrgh!!"

:rotfl:
SoulWave

Re: Admiralty Courts... how it should be done.

Postby BaldBeardyDude » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:11 pm

Aaaarrrgghhh! - Now that be a good 'un me hearties, aye!

Fecking wet meself, dude - AWESOME, I'd LOVE to do it, just for the crack, innit :rotfl: :clap: :rotfl:

Thanks Soulwave - made my evenin, so it did, aarrrggghhh!
They must find it hard to take Truth for authority who have so long mistaken Authority for Truth - Gerald Massey
BaldBeardyDude

Postby Veronica » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:16 pm

SoulWave wrote:I think I might use the scenario presented as a base for when my Council Tax Summons comes and I may have to go and establish jurisdiction (and it's due any day soon, I'm sure)

Well jolly good luck. I know I wouldn't.

BTW: I've just had brainwave. based on the "possible conversation" depicted in Chapter 18 of my book.

There seems, to me, no reason to leave this until the 'last minute' ... i.e. the day of the Hearing. The Court is open for 'business' during 'business hours'.

So ... what does one have to lose by going down, well before the date, and engaging in a suitable variation of that conversation?

You never know ... you might get the case withdrawn before it even starts?

Just a thought.
Freedom's just another word for: "Nothing left to lose" (Janis Joplin)
"There is no path to peace, peace IS the path" (Mahatma Ghandi)
"There is no path to freedom, freedom IS the path" (Veronica Chapman)
Veronica
Founder
Founder

Postby SoulWave » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:22 pm

I'd never thought of that V. Bloody good brainwave too :grin:

I take it to mean going down there before the actual Hearing date, but not before I actually recieve the summons? Though, having said that, I guess there's not much to lose by doing so before?
SoulWave

Postby Veronica » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:51 pm

SoulWave wrote:I take it to mean going down there before the actual Hearing date, but not before I actually recieve the summons? Though, having said that, I guess there's not much to lose by doing so before?

It might be more useful to have the Summons in your hand.

You must remember jonboy did a Freedom of Information Request to High Peaks Magistrates Court (see Freedom of Information Section, and note this was before he found his new girlfriend :grin: :grin: :grin: ) asking them "Are you a Court de facto or a Court de jure?" ... and they replied "Don't understand your question".
Veronica
Founder
Founder

Postby BaldBeardyDude » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:16 pm

I have heard tell, that some peeps take the summons down to court well before the date on it. They see the clerk or whomever and tell them thy're here. The clerk looks dumbfounded and says come back on the day.

Now the interesting bit.The summons says on or BEFORE date xx/xx/xxxx and the peeps tell the clerk, I'm here NOW. When the clerk says he can't get them seen, they get him to sign something to say they've been, but the court refused, so they are clear - apparently

Now, whether this works or not, is immaterial, we have a template for it, but it was something I came accross early on and I thought it quite funny - thought I'd share it

JUST TO REITERATE - THIS IS FOR FUN ONLY! IF YOU HAVE BEEN SUMMONSED USE THE REBUTTAL TEMPLATE
They must find it hard to take Truth for authority who have so long mistaken Authority for Truth - Gerald Massey
BaldBeardyDude

Postby Veronica » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:31 pm

Quite possibly, Pete.

That's something that could be - possibly - added to the armoury.
Veronica
Founder
Founder

Postby SoulWave » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:49 pm

Oh, I'd definitely use the summons rebuttal template, and yes, I did see the FOI made to the court asking whether it was a de jure or de facto court.

I wouldn't seriously turn up and do all that "Ahoy, Cap'n" stuff... or would I?? :rotfl:

Anyway, just out of curiosity, and to see whether Linda Hunt, the Worcester Mag. Court manager, knows what de facto and de jure are, I probably will do my own FOI (or more likely, a 'general enquiry from a concerned party') and drop it off personally, for her attention, (the court is 20 seconds away from my house!) AND get it signed for, the same as if I'd used recorded post - if that can be done? - to save on costs!

Might be useful for 'comparing notes' - as in: let's see "who-knows-what" at the courts in regard to de facto/de jure, is there consistency, etc.

A pointless excerise, no doubt, but interesting, for me at least anyway. :grin:
SoulWave

Return to The Lighter Side