Car Number Plate

Jobaboba's Jokes Factory. (Only for those who are feeling silly)

Car Number Plate

Postby huntingross » Wed May 20, 2009 7:43 pm

Ok, ideas on a postcard.

I'm titivating Pleasuredomes Notice of Non Co-operation to the DVLA, and being a responsible chap, I'm also notifying them of my new number plate so they may RECORD it....

I fancy -

PIRATES or

DRAGONS (with a sticker in the window "There be")

Any thoughts
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Re: Car Number Plate

Postby Veronica » Wed May 20, 2009 9:28 pm

Don't you mean DUNGEONS or DRAGONS?

I claim VERON1CA.

Where do you get the plates made?
Freedom's just another word for: "Nothing left to lose" (Janis Joplin)
"There is no path to peace, peace IS the path" (Mahatma Ghandi)
"There is no path to freedom, freedom IS the path" (Veronica Chapman)
Veronica
Founder
Founder

Postby kevin » Wed May 20, 2009 9:39 pm

a friend who runs a sign shop once made me one for my bike, it looked official, except for the way the letters were place, that was done deliberatly.

they went like this (Not the real reg no.)

. E39 . .. ..... .. E390
0EGH instead of EGH
kevin

Postby huntingross » Wed May 20, 2009 9:43 pm

I'd tell them it was for my daughters bedroom...and defy them to look at her and not make them up....ha...
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby Veronica » Wed May 20, 2009 10:14 pm

Pleasuredome's idea of "CONSENSUS FACIT LEGEM" is good as well. (Consent makes the law. A contract is a law between the parties, which can acquire force only by consent)

I don't know. I've never done this before. I presume that won't make them without seeing the Reg. Document? Is that right?
Veronica
Founder
Founder

Postby BaldBeardyDude » Wed May 20, 2009 11:30 pm

Then make your own - if we don't have a contract with DVLA, we don't have to have their style plates, so we can make our own, innit :clap:
They must find it hard to take Truth for authority who have so long mistaken Authority for Truth - Gerald Massey
BaldBeardyDude

Postby huntingross » Thu May 21, 2009 12:38 pm

If its for your car, they require the registration document.....to put on a bedroom door....I'd blag it and get the wee one to stand close and do puppy eyes.

I have no shame.
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby politicallycorrect » Sun May 24, 2009 12:39 pm

I brought my own number plates last week, 'T1 FREEMAN', I just brought them off a website, a lot of people get them for jokes or someone's birthday as a novely thing, I got mine looking like real plates with 'Consensus Facit Legem' written at the bottom. they cost me £50+ but they're well worth it. http://www.4plates.co.uk/

Has anyone found out how Richard (Pleasuredome) has overcome the insurance problem, I thought maybe you could use your bond to set that up. is there an easier way?
politicallycorrect

Postby Veronica » Sun May 24, 2009 5:22 pm

Thanks very much for the information.

I ordered my plates today: "VERON1CA". I posted off my DVLA letter as well. (just added a bit about refusing to aid & abet War Crimes)
Veronica
Founder
Founder

Postby Andrew » Mon May 25, 2009 3:06 am

Veronica wrote:Thanks very much for the information.

I ordered my plates today: "VERON1CA". I posted off my DVLA letter as well. (just added a bit about refusing to aid & abet War Crimes)

If they give you any shit tell them that you have warned them about aiding and abetting warcrime and that if they continue to harass you and to try and coerce you into committing this crime yourself you will have no choice but to report them personally to your local police station under section 44 of The Serious Crime Act 2007 for Incitement.

15.3 Incitement Introduction and Reform The Serious Crime Act 2007 Abolition of incitement and replacement by two new inchoate statutory offences of encouraging and assisting crime. The purpose of the reform is to fill a gap in the law of ‘facilitation’ of crime. The Act received Royal Assent on 30.10.07.

Section 44: Intentionally encouraging or assisting an offence
(1)A person commits an offence if -
(a) he does an act capable of encouraging or assisting the commission of an offence; and
(b) he intends to encourage or assist its commission.
(2) But he is not to be taken to have intended to encourage or assist the commission of an offence merely because such encouragement or assistance was a foreseeable consequence of his act. Actus Reus
• There must be an act or course of conduct not an omission;
• It need only be capable of assisting and need not actually do so;
• It can include a threat or coercion upon a third party to commit a crime;
• It can include arranging for another person to encourage or assist a further person to commit a crime.

Mens Rea
• D must intend to encourage or assist a crime;
• S47(5)(a): where the offence being assisted or encouraged is one requiring MR, D must believe that that the crime would be committed by another with that MR or he must be reckless as to that fact or, if D were to actually commit the offence in question, he would do it with that MR.
• D must believe/ intend or be reckless as to any required circumstances or consequences for the offence encouraged or assisted. Defences • Knowledge that the offence encouraged or assisted is criminal is not required (s47(2)). Therefore, ignorance of the law is no defence;
• Reasonableness - S50: A person is not guilty of an offence if he proves knowledge or belief in certain circumstances and that it was reasonable for him to act in the circumstances as he believed them to be. Factors to be taken into account in determining reasonableness include: - the seriousness of the anticipated offence; - D’s purpose; - any authority by which D claims to be acting. If D is a victim/a member of a protected category, he cannot be guilty. OXFORDH i g h e r E d u c a t i o n© Oxford University Press, 2008. All rights reserved.

Loveless: Complete Criminal Law TCM, Chapter 15: Inchoate Offences Sentence S58:
Where the offence envisaged is murder – life sentence. For any other offence – the maximum sentence is that which is available for the completed crime.
Section 45: Encouraging or assisting an offence believing it will be committed A person commits an offence if –
(a) he does an act capable of encouraging or assisting the commission of an offence; and
(b) he believes –
(i) that the offence will be committed and
(ii) that his act will encourage or assist its commission. This offence is very similar to s44 and the notes above apply except that D must believethe offence will be
committed and that his act will assist or encourage. There is no need for the offence to occur. The defences as above apply.

Section 46 This section creates an offence of encouraging or assisting offences believing that one or more will be committed. Again, no offence need actually be committed and the defences above apply.

Websites The Act: http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2007/ukpga_20070027_en_1
Explanatory notes: http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2007/en/ukpgaen_20070027_en_1
"A human being is a part of the Universe, limited only in time and space. He experiences himself and his thoughts as separated from the rest, like an optical delusion of his consciousness."
http://www.expose-the-system.org http://www.theukproject.com
Andrew

Next

Return to The Lighter Side