Book Share on Solar Cookers etc

Discussions related to Free Energy (including Zero Point Energy) and how to live off the grid

Book Share on Solar Cookers etc

Postby notolivercromwell » Wed May 05, 2010 2:43 pm

OK - Hope this was useful to members here -
Last edited by notolivercromwell on Fri May 07, 2010 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
notolivercromwell

Re: Book Share on Solar Cookers etc

Postby Jonah » Wed May 05, 2010 7:53 pm

Many thanks for sharing the book. A goldmine of info.
I made an solar air heater a few years back and it worked a treat.
Jonah

Postby notolivercromwell » Wed May 05, 2010 8:43 pm

Fine, Jonah !!!

Glad you will find it useful. It's loaded with information, yes ?

How long did it take you to make your solar air heater ? And did you get the pieces from skips or some other sources ?

Jonah wrote:Many thanks for sharing the book. A goldmine of info.
I made an solar air heater a few years back and it worked a treat.
notolivercromwell

Postby Jonah » Thu May 06, 2010 11:20 am

I bought the polycarb glazing, insulation board, silicone and the black hi temp paint, the solar collector/absorber was a sheet of aluminium my dad had going to waste in his garage, he also gave me some ally angle to mount in the glazing. The frame was wood I had laying around and doing nothing in my shed. The air flow ran at the back of the absorber from a duct hole coming from inside my house and through the panel, which was baffled, directing the flow over all of the area of the absorber sheet. I also loosely stuffed some aluminium wool into the air flow vents to increase the surface area. The air exited through a hole at the top of the panel and back into my house. It was originally thermo-syphon but latter I upgraded to a 70-80 cfm fan to blow the air through. This improved the heater enormously. The heater was 2000mm by 800mm and used to throw out some serious heat even in the depth of winter, as long as the sun was shinning, although it still worked in partially sunny days.
Jonah

Postby Jonah » Thu May 06, 2010 11:23 am

oh! Once I had gathered all the bits together it took me a couple of days to make and install.
Jonah

Postby notolivercromwell » Fri May 07, 2010 3:04 pm

Nice one Jonah !
notolivercromwell

Postby Jonah » Fri May 07, 2010 9:21 pm

A device similar to this is going to be my next project:

http://www.solar-labs.com/Demonstration%20project.html

Thankfully that book you kindly shared has rekindled my interest in alternative energy. Getting creative again.
I'm thinking of a solar air and water heating hybrid, combining a standard box type furnace with a reflective mirror to intensify the rays, thus achieving greater efficiency. I will plant it on my roof and have the hot air ducted into my loft, through a distributor (plenum box) with 4 smaller outlet ducts that channels the air to separate rooms in my house. A thermostat will control the air fan and the water pump.
Jonah

Return to Free Energy