Cold Fusion is real ... mainstream

Discussions related to Free Energy (including Zero Point Energy) and how to live off the grid

Re: Cold Fusion is real ... mainstream

Postby gepisar » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:48 pm

Veronica wrote:When the Sun Workstation first appeared it beat the hell out of everything else on the same network.

Until some bright spark had a close look at the Network Firmware ... and discovered a deliberately built-in delay if the Caller was not a Sun Workstation.

Once that was removed, the Sun Workstation was no better than all the other terminals.

(Note to self: These are the same people responsible for Java)

Been done a 1,000 times over - remember 1.44Mb floppy disks and 720K floppies? They were the SAME, except 1.44Mb's passed higher quality tests. (You could actually buy 720's and drill the whole in the right place and get a 1.44Mb - ah resourcefulnes of student times)

Pentium II's - there was the SX and the version with the maths-co-processor (DX). IDENTICAL production runs - the non-co-pro just had the maths co-pro burnt out if it failed the higher quality check to be demoted from DX to SX.

Same with LCD's the best quality runs get the premium lables. I think there is only two companies in the world that make LCD flat screens. Same story with blank DVDs and CD's... except now maybe its just one production firm. Highest quality get premium labels, the worst gets re-stamped.

BRING BACK SUN/SOLARIS and X11 (showing my age now!) all is forgiven for Vista is crap! (For those techies out there, remember Allaire's Cold Fusion server4 - that was the fastest web server on the market wasn't it? But thats a whole different Cold Fusion!) :giggle:

And dare I say it, but I know Usain Bolt can do a 9.40! Hes holding back too! Anyway, a little off topic. Apologies.
Poor is the man whose pleasures depend upon the permission of another.
"Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value - Zero" - Voltaire 1729
gepisar

Postby markie b » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:53 am

gepisar share your rainbow tables will ya :rotfl: got any good dictionaries? :wink:

you can change vista easily just change os over save all your files you want to keep and the programs and then swap back to xp or windows 7-8 :cheer:
when injustice becomes law
rebellion becomes duty
markie b

Postby Burnsy2023 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:46 pm

gepisar wrote:mmm...interesting.

Many a year ago, whilst 'reading' physics at Sussex Uni, I had to come up with a final year project. My buddy and me asked to verify the Cold Fusion claims. (Hard to believe this was over 10 years ago) We were taken aside and told no. We kept asking, the answer was always just "NO". No one wanted to touch it. What puzzles me is that we were undergrads with no reputation to protect nor of any significance in the scientific world. No one would probably have listened to us. But just imagine "UNDER-grads make CF work!" I would LOVE to have known for myself.

The answer was probably becuase it wouldn't have given you a decent mark.

gepisar wrote:Still, its like the mobile phone phenomenon. There are phones out there with 13/18/20 mega pixels cameras. But they haven't sold all the 8mP one yet, so why release the better ones just yet. String us along, sting us along.

You've lost me. They release better phones because consumers want it. It's not just the camera that have been upgraded either. It's probably a range of features to keep competitive advantage for that model. It's common business sense.

Veronica wrote:When the Sun Workstation first appeared it beat the hell out of everything else on the same network.

Until some bright spark had a close look at the Network Firmware ... and discovered a deliberately built-in delay if the Caller was not a Sun Workstation.

Once that was removed, the Sun Workstation was no better than all the other terminals.

(Note to self: These are the same people responsible for Java)

Got a source for that?
Burnsy2023

Postby Sophia » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:52 pm

The Alchemists,
have been using fusion for centuries - this is not new at all. Just knowledge which was hidden because of it's power in the wrong hands - now that it is in the wrong hands, lets publicise it and give it to the people to use. We have nothing to lose.

bb,
Sophia.
Sophia

Postby Sophia » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:56 pm

Greetings Andrew!
I tried to watch the film on cold fusion - it has been removed - did you copy it by any chance, I would really like to see it. Thanks,

bb,
Sophia.
Sophia

Postby gepisar » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:30 pm

Burnsy2023 wrote:
gepisar wrote:mmm...interesting.

Many a year ago, whilst 'reading' physics at Sussex Uni, I had to come up with a final year project. My buddy and me asked to verify the Cold Fusion claims. (Hard to believe this was over 10 years ago) We were taken aside and told no. We kept asking, the answer was always just "NO". No one wanted to touch it. What puzzles me is that we were undergrads with no reputation to protect nor of any significance in the scientific world. No one would probably have listened to us. But just imagine "UNDER-grads make CF work!" I would LOVE to have known for myself.

The answer was probably becuase it wouldn't have given you a decent mark.

Subject matter immaterial. I did a project on alternating field magnetometry instead.

gepisar wrote:Still, its like the mobile phone phenomenon. There are phones out there with 13/18/20 mega pixels cameras. But they haven't sold all the 8mP one yet, so why release the better ones just yet. String us along, sting us along.

You've lost me. They release better phones because consumers want it. It's not just the camera that have been upgraded either. It's probably a range of features to keep competitive advantage for that model. It's common business sense.
I mean if there are still 2million 8mega-pixel camera phone on the shelves, then as a manufacturer, why would i release the 13megapixel version until all the 8mp ones have sold? Thats business sense. Whether consumers want it or not, they're not getting the new model until the manufacturer has recoup investment in the existing models. Same with hybrid cars and hydrogen fuel cells. Until its economically viable for the oil companies to switch, they're not going to do it no matter how loud the consumers demand it.

Simples!
gepisar

Postby gepisar » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:32 pm

Sophia wrote:Greetings Andrew!
I tried to watch the film on cold fusion - it has been removed - did you copy it by any chance, I would really like to see it. Thanks,

bb,
Sophia.

Try here: http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/cold-fusion-fire-from-water/
gepisar

Postby Burnsy2023 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:49 pm

I mean if there are still 2million 8mega-pixel camera phone on the shelves, then as a manufacturer, why would i release the 13megapixel version until all the 8mp ones have sold? Thats business sense. Whether consumers want it or not, they're not getting the new model until the manufacturer has recoup investment in the existing models. Same with hybrid cars and hydrogen fuel cells. Until its economically viable for the oil companies to switch, they're not going to do it no matter how loud the consumers demand it.

Simples![/quote]

No, you need to have latest tech to keep competitive advantage. If you don't move on someone will and take your customer base. The cost of existing stock is relatively low for the manufacturer due to the markup for retailers and wholesalers. This is businesses 101.
Burnsy2023

Postby gepisar » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:17 am

Burnsy2023 wrote:

Simples!

No, you need to have latest tech to keep competitive advantage. If you don't move on someone will and take your customer base. The cost of existing stock is relatively low for the manufacturer due to the markup for retailers and wholesalers. This is businesses 101.

Ok We can get into it. The point is illustrated. However, if there are no competitors, then you have to buy whats on the shelves. Since there are competitors, of course this exercise becomes a balancing act considering all other factors and my illustration thus simplified. (Check out DeBeers business practices and any other cartel. You have to buy what they're selling. Monopolies 101) Theres also marketing factors and customer loyalty (remember betamax? A superior product to VHS - what happened? And often "creative" licensing agreement stifle progress. i.e. the Microsoft IE debacle. OS2/Warp being written largely by Microsoft... even Gold is being kept artificially low. There is no such thing as a free market, firstly because its regulated. Secondly because the banksters control it, which brings me to the point I was illustrating. There is too much vested interest by the banks in OIL. I didnt believe it for ages, but listening to Confessions of an Economic Hit Man openned my eyes to the PTB and the control they exercise through their control of OIL. I think JP Morgan fronted DeBeers (via Anglo American) to control the diamond resources of South Africa and leveraged government "cooperation" is aspects of resource control. This corruption is everywhere.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confessions_of_an_Economic_Hit_Man

Its all about control!

Economics, "free markets", "free speech"...its all just an illusion, "the best slave, is the slave who thinks he's free"

Anyway, Ive forgotten what I was ranting about... oh yeah cold fusion...
gepisar

Postby emmanualgoldstein » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:31 am

SX and DX werent pentium II they were the 386 and 486 fore runners to the pentium mark 1 (which was also known at the time as the 586).

Your right on the drilling holes through 720k floppies, but the sx dx thing is a bit more involved.

486 sx and dx differed because the dx had a co-processor.

386 sx and dx differed because the dx had a 32 bit address bus compared to the 16 bit bus of the sx - as far as the machine code was concerned it was the same chip. This was similar to the 8086/8088 difference where the 8086 was released first with a 16 bit address bus and the 8088 later with an 8 bit address bus. The address size was sorted out in both generations by interlacing the signal for the low bandwidth versions, making the chips slower.

As for rainbow tables - tut tut - sam says thats naughty :mrgreen:
emmanualgoldstein

PreviousNext

Return to Free Energy