Cold Fusion is real ... mainstream

Discussions related to Free Energy (including Zero Point Energy) and how to live off the grid

Re: Cold Fusion is real ... mainstream

Postby Burnsy2023 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:51 pm

gepisar wrote:Ok We can get into it. The point is illustrated. However, if there are no competitors, then you have to buy whats on the shelves. Since there are competitors, of course this exercise becomes a balancing act considering all other factors and my illustration thus simplified. (Check out DeBeers business practices and any other cartel. You have to buy what they're selling. Monopolies 101) Theres also marketing factors and customer loyalty (remember betamax? A superior product to VHS - what happened? And often "creative" licensing agreement stifle progress. i.e. the Microsoft IE debacle. OS2/Warp being written largely by Microsoft... even Gold is being kept artificially low. There is no such thing as a free market, firstly because its regulated. Secondly because the banksters control it, which brings me to the point I was illustrating. There is too much vested interest by the banks in OIL. I didnt believe it for ages, but listening to Confessions of an Economic Hit Man openned my eyes to the PTB and the control they exercise through their control of OIL. I think JP Morgan fronted DeBeers (via Anglo American) to control the diamond resources of South Africa and leveraged government "cooperation" is aspects of resource control. This corruption is everywhere.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confessions_of_an_Economic_Hit_Man

Its all about control!

Economics, "free markets", "free speech"...its all just an illusion, "the best slave, is the slave who thinks he's free"

Anyway, Ive forgotten what I was ranting about... oh yeah cold fusion...

I'm sorry. You were vaguely logical until that post. VHS won the format war due to betamax being expensive to produce, both in media and in equipment among other things. IE has nothing to do with 'creative licensing' and OS2/Warp was a joint venture between MS and IBM. Your link between these examples and oil is non existent. If you want to convince me, you'll need to better construct your argument so it is logical and at the least make sense.
Burnsy2023

Postby emmanualgoldstein » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:54 pm

We may disagree over this and that but everyone agrees that PCs are better than Macs because Macs only had one mouse button :giggle:
emmanualgoldstein

Postby gepisar » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:34 am

Im not linking anything to oil, suffice to say that there is massive vested interest by too many corporations/banks for alternatives to be openly marketed/researched without interference/hinderence. GM had cars that ran on hydrogen 20 years ago for example.

The references to betamax/vhs are to illustrate that the BEST product (tecnically) doesnt always make it, when common sense dictates it should. But considering markeing/media and persuations either in subsidies or politics by those with power (more money for advertising/political/trade sanctions) do have advantage.

This was the case with IE. Although MS worked hard to corner the market, and attempted to dominate another area with the apparent mandatory shipping of IE with MS Windows (fair enough in my eyes btw) its probably why something like 80% of todays web users use MS IE, when other browser are perhaps "better".

I guess this is the summary of your closing comment? That generally the consumer is either ignorant or not well informed? In which case technical competitive edge is easily overcome with good marketing, which MS, for example are masters, which kinda leads me to say that consumers buy what theyre told too. Afterall, even the simple switch to flourescent lighting is problematic:

Flouresecent lamp require MORE energy to turn on, but once running, they consume much less energry (i.e 15w vs 60w 'normal bulb') So if you leave your porch light on all night use flourescent. BUT if you have a lamp you're turning on and off, it MAY be the case a normal light bulb is more efficient. AND it COSTS much more energy to produce a flourescent bulb than a normal bulb. Are consumers that well informed? No. Its just made illeagal to sell normal bulbs. Job done. PTB at work.

:)
Poor is the man whose pleasures depend upon the permission of another.
"Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value - Zero" - Voltaire 1729
gepisar

Postby Burnsy2023 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:47 pm

emmanualgoldstein wrote:We may disagree over this and that but everyone agrees that PCs are better than Macs because Macs only had one mouse button :giggle:

I wouldn't agree with that either. I use my Mac and PC 50/50 and both have their advantages and disadvantages.
Burnsy2023

Postby emmanualgoldstein » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:52 pm

Thats probably because you owned a speccy as opposed to real computer like a commodore 64 :giggle:

Yeah they are all good, but some of the banter that can be had :psst:
emmanualgoldstein

Postby gepisar » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:06 pm

emmanualgoldstein wrote:Thats probably because you owned a speccy as opposed to real computer like a commodore 64 :giggle:

I had both, and an Atari 800 then Amiga, and Atari ST, so THERE! :geek:
Poor is the man whose pleasures depend upon the permission of another.
"Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value - Zero" - Voltaire 1729
gepisar

Postby spudy » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:39 pm

emmanualgoldstein wrote:Thats probably because you owned a speccy as opposed to real computer like a commodore 64 :giggle:

prefered my amstrad cpc464...and i was poor so only had the green screen monitor lol
There is no Light and Dark, there is Only Light and its absence!

Arguments gain nothing but resentment, Disscussion however creates learning and unity.

I don't need to be told i am free, i know i am!

peace
spudy

Postby emmanualgoldstein » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:08 pm

The first thing I had was one of those pong game consoles - play pong in 4 different ways - that soon wore off when I got my first bike :grin: then we (me and my brother) got one of those atari consoles (atari 2600) pacman, space invaders, but it was like £60 a cartridge or something (I dont know the exact price but my parents couldnt afford the latest games for us). Then later my brother got a zx81: 1kb of memory and without a tape recorder its best use was as a wedge for holding doors open. We then got a commodore 64 some christmas between us and after it died while still in guarantee we ended up getting it replaced with a commodore 128 (which has a c64 mode as well as a z80 chip (intel 8080 compatible) running CP/M). I got my first PC in 1993 - a schneider EuroPc - and it was a "snider" - an XT compatible with 512k of memory no hard disk, and one 8 bit isa slot. It was a keyboard with the computer contained in it and the only expansion card I had was for a joystick and that was too bulky to fit into the non-standard case so the only way I could get the joystick to work was to run the PC with cover off. At the time I bought the XT, the 486s had just arrived, people were writing into magazines asking should I go for the DX25 or the SX33, my biggest question was - will doom work on my machine, which it didnt, wolfenstein didnt even work, it was short of about 6k of memory with all the RTMs removed and the memory space optimised. Nothing worked but shitty text games I downloaded from bullitin boards. The original SimCity worked though (not the full colour simicity 2000 as seen on TV, the original non-isometric version).

This changed when I got a hold of a 386sx25 where I could now play doom with a slightly jerky screen. I upgraded to a 486, then was skint for years before finally getting a 3d acceleration card and was amazed at how smooth some of the most recent games went. Ive now got a reasonably up to date PC, but every time I spend money on a new part for my computer, I wonder, why do I do this, as soon as I buy this thing, it will half in price straight away and in a years time will be worth 10% of what I paid for it. Maybe I should give up computers and spend my money more wisely, but then I wouldnt be learning all the things Im learning and I wouldnt be talking to likeminded people likeyourselves. :grin:
emmanualgoldstein

Postby Sophia » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:30 am

It is amazing Emmanual,
how you can lead folk from the topic of cold fusion to pacman! Are you a trained black hole designed to alter any thread you touch and kill it? :sun:
Sophia

Postby Sophia » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:50 am

Dear Andrew,
film is brilliant - thank you .
bb,
Sophia. :sun:
Sophia

Previous

Return to Free Energy