Dvla - A different tact

Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency.

Dvla - A different tact

Postby treeman » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:52 pm

I recently became aware (two days ago) that one of my work trucks had run out of tax, so as not to become a victim of the penalty charge brigade, I reluctantly taxed it yesterday. This morning I received a correspondence from the DVLA, which read;
Dear Customer
LAST CHANCE!
You have not taxed your vehicle or made a SORN for it. You should have done one of these things by 01 January 2012. You must keep it off road until you display a tax disc. Without tax or SORN you could be fined £80 or more. Even worse, we may impound and crush it!
You don’t need to do anything if you have taxed your vehicle in the past few days.
If you have told us that you have sold or transferred the vehicle or made SORN we will send you a acknowledgement letter within four weeks. Blah blah blah.

Is this a differing approach from the De Vi LA, are they attempting to be nice to their Customers instead of treating them like cash cows to the slaughter. :thinks:
I'll make no subscription to their paradise.

All Rights Reserved - Without Prejudice - Without Recourse - Non-Assumpsit
Errors & Omissions Excepted
treeman

Re: Dvla - A different tact

Postby MikeThomas » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:04 pm

A friend of mine has been working on the DVLA in Swansea delivering building materials for a few weeks. In & out the gate a few times a day for a couple of weeks then he noticed............. no tax on the lorry! Nobody in DVLA even noticed! :giggle:
We are the people our parents told us NOT TO PLAY WITH
MikeThomas

Return to DVLA