The postman, the taxman and the truth.

Income Tax, Council Tax, National Insurance and VAT issues.

The postman, the taxman and the truth.

Postby holy vehm » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:37 am

Its not often the postman brings good news.
Today however, an exception to the norm,

For, a few years back, the Taxman made a claim against us, making demands for payment in the region of 3 thousand of the queens pounds.

One does not simply write to me and make demands without merit.
I consider this extortion.

When he first made his demands he was told to that he who makes the claim must provide the evidence.
This was not forth coming and no more was heard.

Then, he made contact again, having revised the figures down slightly to £2289.60.

He was informed that our position had not changed, that we will not enter into any communication with him, that if he felt justified in his position to send us an invitation to court where we will counter his claim with 'substance'

That was some time ago.

This morning we received via the postman a brown envelope with an Inland revenue return address on it.

So one can imagine what we thought, here we go again.

This is the jist of the letter.

I am sorry that you were faced with a demand for underpayment of £2289.60 which understandably came as a shock to you.

I have looked at your case and can confirm that there has been and error or mistake. So, you do not need to pay the the tax due shown on the forms P800 tax calculation for the years ended April 2010 and 2011.

You do not need to take any further action. Please except my sincere apologies for the delay in settling this matter and for any inconvenience this has caused.

Your sincerely,

Mrs KJ Gill
Investigations officer.

Now, just how many people would have paid up, feeling bullied or fearful or just to make it go away.

Lose the fear, stand up for your rights and take no crap from those in assumed authority.

The truth, it always prevails.
"A ruler who violates the law is illegitimate. He has no right to be obeyed. His commands are mere force and coercion. Rulers who act lawlessly, whose laws are unlawful, are mere criminals".
holy vehm

Location: http://www.fmotl.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=9142

Re: The postman, the taxman and the truth.

Postby MikeThomas » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:18 am

I know lots of people who would have paid up! Well done HV :cheer: It just goes to show what you can achieve by simply asking them to prove thier case.

Wht really bothers me is that if you had 'paid up', would the Tax Man ever have realised his 'error' and returned the money?

Not a fucking chance mate! He would have done as you did and ask for proof!
We are the people our parents told us NOT TO PLAY WITH
MikeThomas

Re: The postman, the taxman and the truth.

Postby holy vehm » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:58 am

Exactly Mike.

Who knows why, mistake or error or just couldn't be bothered chasing me for it, it matters not.

What matters is no fear was used in the process of the rebuttal.

Im most happy for the wife, although she was not fearful, she still felt its presence hanging over us, in the corner of the mind, where this things like to sit, casting doubt on our own judgements.

There was no need for long drawn out notices, simply provide me with the proof of your claim and in the meantime, one shall get on with life.

Sometimes they can provide proof of claim and other times they cannot but both times they will still make the claim and many still pay up.
"A ruler who violates the law is illegitimate. He has no right to be obeyed. His commands are mere force and coercion. Rulers who act lawlessly, whose laws are unlawful, are mere criminals".
holy vehm

Location: http://www.fmotl.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=9142

Return to Taxes