council tax and europe

Income Tax, Council Tax, National Insurance and VAT issues.

council tax and europe

Postby holy vehm » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:14 am

I was under the impression that the money recieved by the council in way of direct taxation was roughly split into 3 things being about a third each.

1. regional assemblies which in turn either sent this to europe or used it on european approved projects in the uk including setting up the assemblies themselves.
2. To cover the evergrowing pension requirments that councils have to provide.
3. To provide local services.

Having looked at the regional assemblies today i find that they were abolished and the act that governed them was repealed in 2010.

So im back to square one, where does all the money go, if no-one here can help i will do a foi request, but i dont really trust them, if you dont ask the right question you dont get the right answer even though they know what you are getting at.

I was curious to know that while all the services are being cut are the pensions and contributions to the regional assemblies being cut.
If we know longer contribute to the regional assemblies then where has all the money gone which we should now have in reserve, we should have plenty to round now, it was after all only last year when it was repealed providing substantial savings in this years budget requiring no need for cuts to services, so i suppose either way an answer is due form all councils on this.
"A ruler who violates the law is illegitimate. He has no right to be obeyed. His commands are mere force and coercion. Rulers who act lawlessly, whose laws are unlawful, are mere criminals".
holy vehm

Location: http://www.fmotl.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=9142

Re: council tax and europe

Postby greg » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:14 pm

Hi HV,

Well I know from my own research that much of this money goes into sink funds. Where it goes from there I cannot say, but it doesn't sound too good does it?

Just look at the huge amounts invested in dodgy Icelandic banks and it will tell you something - http://www.metro.co.uk/news/349084-local-authorities-with-money-at-risk

I'm sure this won't fully answer your question, I think your local council website should hold information on where the money is going legitimately, but it's obvious to me (and no doubt you too) that skips full of cash are going missing somewhere! Wouldn't mind having a sink fund of my own, nice work if you're corrupt enough to get it!

My hunch is that yes, a lot of this is going to the EU and some goes to central government.

Best of luck,

Greg
greg

Postby holy vehm » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:03 pm

Thanks for the reply greg,

Im going to have to go back to the drawing board with this one, its a bloody minefield of double speak and double dealings. They claim the regional assemblies have been revoked but all they have done is change the name and they are about to do the same again. They keep moving the goal posts on this. Much more reading required.
I would be most grateful if yourself or anyone else posts up any research they have. I suspect if i ask to see the books it will be so complicated making it almost impossible to unravel. The freedom of info request needs to worded in a certain way.
"A ruler who violates the law is illegitimate. He has no right to be obeyed. His commands are mere force and coercion. Rulers who act lawlessly, whose laws are unlawful, are mere criminals".
holy vehm

Location: http://www.fmotl.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=9142

Postby pitano1 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:07 pm

hi hv.
sorry i cant give you any direct links to where our money goes.

but i think if` we think`` corruption/taking the piss out of the landless peasants
we shall not be far off the mark.

check out this link http://www.sovereignindependent.com/?p=18713

to see how these two faced fucking hypocrits, live while giving us all the austerity
cuts bullshit.
these c...ts are having an f`ing laugh at our exspence,and telling us all about how
to live our lives.

check out the menu. no spag bol n a bottle of plain ole red to be found there.
pitano1
If the machine of government is of such a nature that it requires you to be the agent of injustice to another, then, I say, break the law.
Henry David Thoreau
ALL UNALIENABLE RIGHTS RESERVED -AB INITIO - Without Recourse - Non-Assumpsit
pitano1

Postby kevin » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:44 pm

War..Hmm, What is it good for?

how much does one Exocet missile cost? how many bombs have they dropped on Libya? how much does it cost to drop each bomb? how much does each bomb cost?, think about Afghanistan, Iraq and Libya put together, all the tanks, arms, helicopters, planes, ships, bullets, equipment.

Want to know where your tax goes? to arms dealers!
kevin

Postby greg » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:13 pm

This article touches on Elizabeth Beckett's findings about council tax

http://www.namastepublishing.co.uk/Elizabeth%20Beckett%20-%20News%20Black%20Out.htm
greg

Return to Taxes