Prolem with website content!

Your vote actually counts here.

Prolem with website content!

Postby barefoot » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:08 am

Hello

i noticed on the webssite under the heading "the DIY method of getting out of debt" that it informs the reader to use the words "without prejudice" on the letter heading when communicating with any loan company. However I also notice that on the forum Veronica states that these specific words should NOT be used as those particular words would render that communication as inadmissable in a court.

Can someone please confirm so and if true I think it would be a wise idea to remove that sentence from the article on the website as someone may use it without understanding the full consequences of their actions!

Cheers
barefoot

Re: Prolem with website content!

Postby gepisar » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:33 am

Thats true. "Without prejudice" means that the document upon which it is stated can not be used as proof/evidence in court without permission of at least the author, (and maybe the recipient)

In the early stages of negotiation, in an attempt to settle "things" amicably, one may write to ones future adversary stating certain "preliminary" beliefs or generalisations which may be used to argue ones case. However, under scrutiny, these may not hold up. Typically:

WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Your performance has been lacking, you're also a thieving bastard.
I'll be writing shortly with a final offer of 50quid to settle.

If its clear the other side wont accept, you might want to go into the nitty gritty and prove they're thieves and this will be required in court and you may also want to prove they're bastards too. You may also change your mind, and since you've written "W/P" you havent done too much damage.

When it comes to the proof though: offer/notice/dishonour/affidavit route,WITHOUT PREJUDICE should not be on any of those documents!
Poor is the man whose pleasures depend upon the permission of another.
"Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value - Zero" - Voltaire 1729
gepisar

Postby BaldBeardyDude » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:16 pm

Welcome Barefoot. Yes, you're right - some things may seem great when we first read them, but most need careful research before use and this is one of those things.

Simple message is this:

IF YOU INTEND TO USE ANY DOCUMENT IN COURT, DO NOT USE WITHOUT PREJUDICE. :mrgreen:

Good post and question, m8 :yes:
They must find it hard to take Truth for authority who have so long mistaken Authority for Truth - Gerald Massey
BaldBeardyDude

Postby kevin » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:00 pm

yes, thanks for pointing it out, as new info comes together sometimes the old info gets left in place, it's hard to keep track sometimes
kevin

Postby the_cat » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:21 pm

I didn't know this. Well done for pointing it out and well done for confirming!
the_cat

Postby BaldBeardyDude » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:47 pm

the_cat wrote:I didn't know this. Well done for pointing it out and well done for confirming!

Yes, Kev's right - it was dismissed fairly recently, but trying to amend all the threads would be some little task. Suffice to say, it will get around in the usual way - everyone who knows this should advise any who write documents containing the phrase. This should be sorted soon.
They must find it hard to take Truth for authority who have so long mistaken Authority for Truth - Gerald Massey
BaldBeardyDude

Postby freeman-matt » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:54 pm

what about on a promissary note....................love to all............x
freeman-matt

Postby gepisar » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:25 pm

freeman-matt wrote:what about on a promissary note....................love to all............x

Eh up Matt! What about a promissory note? Interesting: are you proposing writing "without prejudice" on EVERY 20 pound note.... :thinks: Thats actually quite funny!!!
Poor is the man whose pleasures depend upon the permission of another.
"Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value - Zero" - Voltaire 1729
gepisar

Postby Veronica » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:54 pm

Yes ... its true.

As a Freeman ... and wanting your letters to become evidence in court, the use of "Without Prejudice" is counter-productive.

I do say this in my book ... but I'd forgotten about the Templates.

We now go for:

"Without any admission of any liability whatsoever, and with all Natural, Inalienable, Rights reserved."

I'll adjust Templates accordingly. Thanks for pointing this out.

[Edit by Veronica: All templates now adjusted suitably]
Freedom's just another word for: "Nothing left to lose" (Janis Joplin)
"There is no path to peace, peace IS the path" (Mahatma Ghandi)
"There is no path to freedom, freedom IS the path" (Veronica Chapman)
Veronica
Founder
Founder

Return to Polls