Your health information online

Your health information online

Postby beachbuck » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:48 pm

I've just had a letter saying that the NHS is changing the way they store your health information.
It's called "THE NHS SUMMARY CARE RECORD" and it saying in the future you will be able to
view this record online!!!!!!!

I have until 31 may to say no. AND BLOOGY RIGHT I'LL BE SAYING NO.
In this world you don't have to stand tall,but you have to stand
There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth, not going all the way and not starting ( Baddha)
beachbuck

Re: Your health information online

Postby jonboy » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:03 am

Ties in with this topic viewtopic.php?f=72&t=4471
"Reason is the life of the law; nay, the common law itself is nothing else but reason. The law which is perfection of reason" Sir Edward Coke 1552-1634.

NO ONE RULES IF NO ONE OBEYS.

It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.
jonboy

Postby emmanualgoldstein » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:09 am

Wont be long before employers, police and refuse collection service are insisting on getting your medical records before they will do any transactions for you.
emmanualgoldstein

Postby holy vehm » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:08 pm

just got ours through today, we have until 30th june to opt out. if we dont or let that date pass they will take it we agree, silent acceptance eh!
It also says that if you have children under 16 and you feel they will understand, to let them decide what they would like to happen with their records.

Appoitment with the gp made for next week to collect our opt out forms.

:peace:
hv
"A ruler who violates the law is illegitimate. He has no right to be obeyed. His commands are mere force and coercion. Rulers who act lawlessly, whose laws are unlawful, are mere criminals".
holy vehm

Location: http://www.fmotl.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=9142

Postby nameless » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:31 pm

At the beginning of March I served a Notice of Opt Out to Proposed Summary Car Record to the medical centre where I registered a couple of years' ago, but not as yet made use of.

I requested that they attach the Notice to one of their 'opt out' forms as this Notice would form part of my commercial administrative procedure, should my requirements be ignored.

The main reasons for my opting out are:

1. My absolute mistrust of private/personal information being stored electronically by government or any other corporation or trust, and

2. It is my understanding that all private and personal information stored by any government department will contribute towards their ultimate aim of an ID card and/or chip, to which I'm totally opposed.

If this presents a problem for the medical centre, they can deregister the name and forward any and all personal records to the above location.

To-date I have not heard anything from them, so a Notice of Non-Response and Opportunity to Cure is being prepared.
“Whoever may be guilty of abuse of power, be it Government, State, Employer, Trade Union or whoever, the law must provide a speedy remedy. Otherwise the victims will find their own remedy."

Lord Denning
nameless

Postby treeman » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:46 pm

Recieved mine today, but the crafty bastards have written on the reverse of the return envelope to opt out, This envelope should only be used to request further information about the NHS care records service. Please do not use this envelope for any other purpose. Any items sent in this envelope, other than requests for further information, will be destroyed. :puzz: is that their version of of opting out of our opting out. :giggle: I feel a strong urge to visit a doctor and question him about his hippocratic oath, and whats good for HIS health. :peace:
I'll make no subscription to their paradise.

All Rights Reserved - Without Prejudice - Without Recourse - Non-Assumpsit
Errors & Omissions Excepted
treeman

Postby BaldBeardyDude » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:05 pm

I am sure they take the hypocratic oath now, what with swine flu, etc :wink: :mrgreen:
They must find it hard to take Truth for authority who have so long mistaken Authority for Truth - Gerald Massey
BaldBeardyDude

Postby treeman » Mon May 03, 2010 1:48 pm

This is an interesting article in the letters page of the towns local rag.

I have recently recieved a letter from NHS Kirklees titled Changes to Your Health Records. This letter outlines the changes the health authorities wish to make about where your records are kept. They say that at the end of july these records will be widely available to anyone who wants to look at your record if they have the requisite PIN.
Your record is currently kept in all places you recieve care and whatever you tell your doctor is kept within the control of your practice manager. The new system will remove these safeguards and give almost anyone access to your records. I am not concerned about the information the doctor or the local hospital has about me because they need to know me locally. The most comprehensive record is kept at the local doctors and if i require information about me to be sent to a third party, i will be asked my permission. What is a concern is who is going to freely access my records for reasons other than medical.
No doubt you will have insured your vehicle in the last year and have noticed the question asked when applying for insurance. You are warned that if you do not give information then your insurance may be void. Take, for example, motoring convictions which are applicable for three years and can be removed after four years. The insurance company will penalise you for up to five years of a motoring conviction even though you have a clean record for two of those years.
As we have seen from recent events in Iceland, the insurance companies will attempt to avoid paying on all claims at all costs.
The DVLA database was supposed to be secure and now it is possible to find information on anyones vehicle.When this database was generated, the public was informed it was a secure database that cannot be accessed by anyone other than DVLA and police. How long is it then before the insurance companies start looking at your medical records to either boost your premium, not insure you at all or, even worse, to find an old medical record which means your claim will be quashed?
You do have an option to refuse permission for your global record to be created. If you opt to download a form you can take it in to your local practice for it to be signed and administered by them.You can ask for your records to be put on the database at a later date if you change your mind. I was told that, theoretically, you can ask for your records to be taken off the register but there is no mechanism for that to happen. If you do nothing by july 30th then your record will be created and consent will be assumed. There is a window of opportunity for you to be in control of what information is kept by central government.
I'll make no subscription to their paradise.

All Rights Reserved - Without Prejudice - Without Recourse - Non-Assumpsit
Errors & Omissions Excepted
treeman

Postby tomrush » Tue May 04, 2010 11:33 am

Auriga wrote:Sounds like a good idea to men, if I didn't want them having information on me I'd just be ill in private. Saying your local surgery has the info is all very well if you can guarantee you're never going to have an accident somewhere else and require urgent treatment.

Hospitals already have ways of determining people's allergies/contraindication and so on without these summary care records. If there's something so wrong with you that it's a gamebreaker, common sense says to carry a card in your wallet explaining what it is - they do look for that sort of thing.
tomrush

Postby Farmer » Tue May 04, 2010 8:00 pm

Auriga wrote:Both perfectly reasonable points. However, it seems like an unnecessary waste of time in a an emergency, when it's possible for a paramedic to have access to any relevant information at the scene. Carrying a card is certainly a good idea, but you're relying on individuals to ensure it is up to date and accurate. Personally, I'd much rather have any potential sources of error removed in the event of something nasty happening.

Personally, I'd prefer there to be no records what-so-ever. Once new options are introduced, old ones that worked perfectly well are removed.

The sooner people stop going to their drug pushing GP's the sooner they will actually get healthy.
If you're scared of 'them' poisoning 'us' with some shit then maybe you haven't noticed the shit they are already poisoning us with.
- prajna - fmotl.co.uk forum 2011
Farmer

Next

Return to Healthcare only