Bills of Exchange

Re: Bills of Exchange

Postby Free » Fri May 14, 2010 12:11 am

thank you, you're welcome.

Ah yes, HMRC the inland re-venue. The critical link. If anyone knows precisely which office to send the top half to that would bring the remedy to us without too much running around sending them here and there till they eventually find the correct office having been delegated, lost, found again, delegated again to the wrong office...

I'm having some hilarious results with them. We had the 'liaison team' write from one utility of the watery kind telling us it didnt want to liaise with us regarding any current or future occasions of this order..rather ironic i thought. We wrote back asking if there were any defects on the instrument, what they were, and if the payment was not accepted a request for the return of my property. (signature) So we'll see what happens to that. Mind, i already know why its proving difficult as we sent both the top doc and the remittance slip to the payee. When the revised statement comes back we'll try again by sending the remittance slip (money order) to the payee and the payment instruction to the inland re-venue.

We tried a Bill of exchange once or twice with little success. My favourite right now is the AFV.

Speaking of credit cards have a look at the back of a capital one statement. Instructions to a bank state: "UK Bank (Allow 3 working days) - You just need your statement and payment slip to pay. Thats it."

How blatant can they get..

Free
Ironic, that those who would consider us mad choose to live in the madness of an illusion
Free

Postby daringdaryl » Sun May 16, 2010 4:40 pm

Hi

This is my main study topic at present (taking 2 weeks off from Commercial Liens) and have come across a slightly diff take on this with a process:
Paid A Value (PAV) where we make the remit slip the cheq/BoE and indorse it on the back complete the amount we want it for and send both the remit slip and the statement together back to utility/CC/council tax/ catalogue etc anything with the numbers 91,73,74 on the bottom right of remit slip.

Got flow chart attached (openoffice) as trying to work it out
Still looking at the BoE Act and thanks for the help this link has given.

Hope this helps and maybe those who are doing this can add to it.
I know another link on FMOTL has 'Instructions for turning a remittance slip into a cheque' by Arten similar method
Maybe he could complete the flowchart for PAV

I feel putting it in graphics like this makes it easier to comprehend and know who is who in process.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kind Regards

Daryl
daringdaryl

Postby nameless » Sun May 16, 2010 6:02 pm

Hi daringdaryl

I'm having difficulty opening this. It says: File is not in a recognisable format. Could you help please?
“Whoever may be guilty of abuse of power, be it Government, State, Employer, Trade Union or whoever, the law must provide a speedy remedy. Otherwise the victims will find their own remedy."

Lord Denning
nameless

Postby daringdaryl » Mon May 17, 2010 10:17 am

Hi

It is openoffice file format
the DRAW software have put it in pdf as well

Actually the more i think about this i believe the 2nd flowchart PAV or P4V is incorrect but the extra notes are more accurate in that we are the indorsor NOT the DRAWER

What you all think?

The thing is when we send remit/BoE back to Utility co etc it is 99% sure they will not accept it at first so we MUST know what parts of the BoE Act to quote to show why it is a legal BoE and can be used to zero balance, therefore knowing who all the diff parties are makes the whole thing easier to comprehend, which is what i havent quite got yet.

DD
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kind Regards

Daryl
daringdaryl

Postby nameless » Mon May 17, 2010 12:13 pm

Thank you. That has opened and I will inwardly digest this evening.
“Whoever may be guilty of abuse of power, be it Government, State, Employer, Trade Union or whoever, the law must provide a speedy remedy. Otherwise the victims will find their own remedy."

Lord Denning
nameless

Postby nameless » Mon May 17, 2010 8:09 pm

Hi daringdaryl

except they haven't signed it or used a company seal in lieu of a signature.... Which the BoE Act
states has to be done.

Does this put a spanner in the works for us?

Lord Denning
nameless

Postby Free » Mon May 17, 2010 9:11 pm

I think it does put a spanner in the works. Most companies rarely ever send a proper bill. We could send them back asking for them to be changed to include the correct elements but since the people who work at the companies dont know what a bill looks like or what it can do we'll struggle to get them to open to the principle. I've tried sending bills back, asking for them to be sent back with the correct payment elements, but find that most just dance around complaining that we havnt paid or are seeking to 'avoid our obligations'.

Since he who creates the liablilty must bring the remedy, and the companies do not provide a valid bill, I find it easier to convert the remittance slip into a cheque.

Free
Ironic, that those who would consider us mad choose to live in the madness of an illusion
Free

Postby nameless » Tue May 18, 2010 6:47 am

I find it easier to convert the remittance slip into a cheque.

Have you still had trouble, or are they happier to accept this method?

Lord Denning
nameless

Postby Free » Tue May 18, 2010 1:41 pm

So far, the recipients treat the 'remittance' with more credibility than Bills of Exchange. One even began sending business reply envelopes with their communications. I took that as a sign. I chose the water utility as it cannot be cut off during the negotiation process. I'm rather hoping they'll threaten court action, whereupon I can seize the oppertunity to expose the matter in front of a judge. Upon my receiving of any complaints or allegations of 'non payment' I ask for my 'remittance' to be returned to me along with reasons as to why it has not been accepted. Since my asking, the water have fallen silent.

Somewhere, in the office of inland re-venue is a dept which deals only with bills of exchange, notes and bonds. If I cant find it I'll send all copies of bills and remittances to the Treasury and delegate them the job of re-loacting the matter to the correct office. Should any of the payment recipients dishonour any of my payments they will be directed to the Treasury. Let them sort it out between them. Thats their job isnt it..?

Free
Free

Postby hwitan » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:24 pm

Well it looks like I’m resurrecting this topic.

I am a newbee here and eager to learn, I’m in need of pointers to BoE. I have read through this thread 'nd looked at the vid – all very interesting but I feel I need some encouragement because I can be as thick as brick at sum things. :puzz:

I have specific questions: Any takers???
hwitan

PreviousNext

Return to Frequently Asked Questions