Bills of Exchange

Re: Bills of Exchange

Postby huntingross » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:25 pm

The credit card Bills, only request the minimum payment.....not much use if you have a large debt that you would like to get rid of....

Section 20 to the rescue...

20. Inchoate instruments.— (1) Where a simple signature on a blank . . . "paper is delivered by the signer in order that it may be converted into a bill, it operates as a prima facie authority to fill it up as a complete bill for any amount . . . " , using the signature for that of the drawer, or the acceptor, or an indorser; and, in like manner, when a bill is wanting in any material particular, the person in possession of it has a prima facie authority to fill up the omission in any way he thinks fit.

We know the card companies give us this authority, because it is a minimum payment....the extent to which we pay it off is at our discretion.....so put the whole sum down and pay it all off.
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby Colin Grainger » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:41 pm

HR,

Resident thicko here :blush:

Could you scan and post a "dummy" for us to see? I just have trouble visualising and a mock-up or example would help no end.

Ta muchly,

Colin.
Colin Grainger

Postby huntingross » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:57 pm

I've been starting to think this might be a better option....will see what I can do....I talk better than I write (honestly)...if you want to PM....I could explain this quicker.
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby huntingross » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:50 pm

Hope this helps a bit more :

Bill of Exchange explained...sort of
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby Colin Grainger » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:59 pm

Brilliant!

Thank you for that. I got your PM, and I will call you tomorrow evening for a chat if I may.
Colin Grainger

Postby huntingross » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:03 pm

Sure thing Colin, I have my girl tomorrow, so may not get my un-divided attention....depending on the drama.
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby BaldBeardyDude » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:22 pm

Dude - great vid - nice to see you at last!

One problem I forsee is convincing the organobot behind the counter that she 'pays' me for giving her what she sees as a 'bill'. Obviously we will need some instructions for these peeps, to facilitate the awesome method you have uncovered. I hate being negative, as you may have guessed by now, but I'm in Telford - a place not known for the indigenous peoples perspicacity!
They must find it hard to take Truth for authority who have so long mistaken Authority for Truth - Gerald Massey
BaldBeardyDude

Postby huntingross » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:32 pm

Thanks Baldy....I'm in complete agreement, this would scare the socks off them....you should have seen the blank faces at work today...

Holding a printed Bill Act in front of them so they can see it is the "law"....they are still troubled like you're robbing someone....

For f**k sake it's the "law".....its in the Act....they're telling you to do it....and still they don't grasp it....

If you showed them the RTAct and said it tells you to do 90.....they'd jump in their cars and do 100.

I think a face to face with the manager might do it.... iam is suggesting a Notice...I'm curious what she wants to write...it may be a better way to go...

Alternatively, endorse the Bill with the words "in full compliance with the BoE Act 1882 Section 7 (3) pay cash"....or something more eloquent.
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby huntingross » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:27 pm

Had a bad feeling about this today....there's still something not right, and I need to give it some more thought.....bear with me.

Until I can figure it out, don't rush to the bank.
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby huntingross » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:37 pm

OK....I am too effing stupid to see the woods for the trees....and apologies to everyone....the story isn't dead, it just needs more work.

What I described WOULD work exactly as I described it.....except for one detail....a MAJOR detail....the bank would slide a wad of cash to you....but on the bill we are the draftee....they would slide it from our account....I'm now convinced of that, unless someone can rescue this situation and tell me otherwise.

However...my reason for starting this thread was to understand the Bills of Exchange with a purpose to understand A4V.....and over the past few days I now have a much better understanding of that....

Plus

As draftee on the Bills sent to us, we need to accept them or dispute them. An acceptance can be qualified and signed or a simple signature will suffice S17(2)(a)

Acceptance is a function of the BoE, I hadn't considered that....

If we simply accept it (a general acceptance), we must pay it....we can qualify our acceptance (hence accepted for value) the BoE actually uses the phrase "taken for value"....i think the "accepted" phrase might come from the UCC....or we can dishonour it by non-acceptance.

The accepted for value is coupled to the fact that the country is bankrupt and so in bankruptcy the agreement is that all debt is to be forgiven. Not to forgive debts is in full violation and dishonour of the Bankruptcy Act 1869. In bankruptcy we operate a prepay account, this was done because we are “involuntary” in our bankruptcy status, we find ourselves in this position through no fault of our own.

Bearing this in mind, the only way to deal with this matter is to give us a means to live other than using our sweat and fiat cash. A commercial system such as this cannot deal in tangible equity, and so your prepay account was created, this is your “National Insurance Number”

When we return the instrument now, we issue it with accounting instructions, which I shall post shortly, when I have understood them.
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

PreviousNext

Return to Frequently Asked Questions