Bills of Exchange

Re: Bills of Exchange

Postby huntingross » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:36 pm

I hope so Colin, 'cos no one has flawed it yet
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby IamallthatIam » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:59 pm

Right , gone back and read it again ,( I think thats the third time now !!) and yep , i think I have got it this time lmao

Have got a British Gas bill here for just over five grand ( yes £5000), i will let you knoew how I get on, it is going to be accompanied by a paying in slip into my account , to be posted first thing in the morning

looks like this is going to be fun !!! :cheer:
Invito beneficium non datur - A benefit is not conferred upon one against his consent.
I DO NOT offer legal advice
- "I just say what I say because everyone is entitled to my opinion!" -

- Saffi Elder (Aged 7)-
IamallthatIam

Postby huntingross » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:14 pm

Nice one iam.....beating us all to it, and a tidy sum too.

Maybe an accompanying note just so they know where the Act is and what it expects them to do....I'm guessing this will be new to them....as it is to all of us....

Best of luck...
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby IamallthatIam » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:49 pm

Just doing a "Notice of Understandig and Intent and Clarifiation of the Bills of Exchange Act of 1882" to go in the envelope with it , will post when i have done !!
Invito beneficium non datur - A benefit is not conferred upon one against his consent.

- Saffi Elder (Aged 7)-
IamallthatIam

Postby BaldBeardyDude » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:55 pm

huntingross wrote:Nice one iam.....beating us all to it, and a tidy sum too.

Maybe an accompanying note just so they know where the Act is and what it expects them to do....I'm guessing this will be new to them....as it is to all of us....

Best of luck...

Ditto - best of luck, Angie!
They must find it hard to take Truth for authority who have so long mistaken Authority for Truth - Gerald Massey
BaldBeardyDude

Postby IamallthatIam » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:24 pm

hi Pete ,
Si has just told me that you have posted this elsewhere, but i am going to include it here as well as i think it is relevant and don't want anyone to miss it - remind me to go and get some postage stanps in the morning before sending this off !!

http://amerikarsha.info/accept+for+value/Presentments-6.htm

- Saffi Elder (Aged 7)-
IamallthatIam

Postby museman » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:44 am

Iam,

best of luck with this, we are all waiting with baited breath, I am going to make an appointment with the bank manager this week as HR suggested so I'll let you know what is said.

cheers, Phil
museman

Postby huntingross » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:23 am

I have to say I am jumping with excitement with this.....and the fact that you guys have got something to take forward is just off my register....

Other thoughts for where this goes.....

Go to a garage, tell them you want to buy a car, send me a bill, i want to buy cash.....they oblige, we cash and exchange.

This is starting to sound like the pre-paid idea much discussed, but operating differently.
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby IamallthatIam » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:24 pm

in the middle fo feeding kids at the moment so i will have to come back to this a bit later....

got a bit distracted last night with writing my notice.... yes i know that sounds very, very far fetched and so unlike me , but tiz true ...... does anyone know, "DO NOT MARK BELOW THIS LINE" on a payment slip , does tht also apply to the back , I think it may do but have come to a standstill when trying to find out , if so it may mean that a negotiable instrument cannot be endorsed

and

i have discovered, whilst some "payment slips" are remittence slips , or bills of exchange , i have got ones here that say "do not write below the line or fold this voucher. the fact that is t is referred to as a voucher is very interesting becuase it means it is not a bill of exchange any longer it is a receipt

- Saffi Elder (Aged 7)-
IamallthatIam

Postby huntingross » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:37 pm

Hi iam

That's the trap right there....the slip, voucher, remittance is not the Bill....its everything above the dotted line.....the slip is just a bank giro credit...that's the bit you use to pay the debt with the money you just paid in.

You can use an instrument called "allonge" to extend the area required to write indorsements....as long as it remains affixed to the Bill it is part of the Bill.

As far as indorsing the Bill (everything above the dotted line) you might just want to write "pay cash"...when they slide that to you...slide the completed slip and the money right back to them.

BTW....what was your Notice going to say ??
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

PreviousNext

Return to Frequently Asked Questions