They can't dock your benefit

They can't dock your benefit

Postby Prajna » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:59 pm

Thought some peeps might find this handy:

del_of-the-hempstead-family on a skype group wrote:
ARE YOU ON BENEFIT AS YOUR[sic] SICK OR UNEMPLOYED ??? LOOK AT THIS LAW...
Section 187 of the Social Security Act 1992

There is an Act of Parliament which over-rides banks taking charges from your account if you are in receipt of any of the following benefits.

• Income Support
• Tax Credits
• Child Benefit
• Job seekers allowance
• Incapacity benefit
• Disability living allowance
• Attendance Allowance
• CSA payments
• Other DWP payments.

These social security benefits are granted to stop hardship and are designed to meet basic day to day needs, and are exempt and are protected under the Social Security Administration Act 1992 sub section 187. from arrestment in terms of section 187 of the Social Security Administration Act 1992 (see Enforcement of Civil Obligations in Scotland, Scottish Executive report, at paragraph 5.245).

Section 45 of the Tax Credits Act 2002 is an identical provision to the said section 187 of the 1992 Act. This stipulates that the banks can not apply any charges to money received as benefit, and any such charges are unlawful and therefore disallowed......SO GET YOUR BANKS TO PAY YOU BACK! xky

Namaste
FREEDOM Best Before: 11 Sept 2001
http://tomboy-pink.co.uk/ and http://DeclarePeace.org.uk/
Prajna

Re: They can't dock your benefit

Postby MikeThomas » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:56 am

I used this one a while ago! I phoned the bank about a £35 'unauthorised' overdraft, apologised, offered to pay them £2:50p to cover any 'legitimate' costs (As I knew they'd be out of pocket!) and lo and behold..................... as soon as I mentioned the 1992 Social Security Administration Act they decided to 'let me off, this one time' :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Choke 'em with their own legislation, I say! :yes:
We are the people our parents told us NOT TO PLAY WITH
MikeThomas

Postby nayga73 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:06 pm

MikeThomas wrote:I used this one a while ago! I phoned the bank about a £35 'unauthorised' overdraft, apologised, offered to pay them £2:50p to cover any 'legitimate' costs (As I knew they'd be out of pocket!) and lo and behold..................... as soon as I mentioned the 1992 Social Security Administration Act they decided to 'let me off, this one time' :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Choke 'em with their own legislation, I say! :yes:

Mike,you must be one lucky so and so :clap:
I did the same thing with Santander last year,and still to this day the swines keep passing my alleged debt to various DCA's!I was in between semesters and signed on,and they knowingly took money from my account even when I had quoted the same act and sent them the case law!Parasites!

The fight goes on against them.........

nayga73
'Lies can run for a year, but truth can catch them in a day'. Old african proverb
nayga73

Postby MikeThomas » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:25 pm

Hi Nayga! Funny thing is............. it was Santander that let me off the bank charges! Try again mate :yes:
We are the people our parents told us NOT TO PLAY WITH
MikeThomas

Postby nayga73 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:30 pm

MikeThomas wrote:Hi Nayga! Funny thing is............. it was Santander that let me off the bank charges! Try again mate :yes:

I've tried and tried and tried until I've cried LOL!
Even sending them this was a no brainer to them! www.govanlc.com/nlc-crossan-judgment.pdf
Still,you can't knock them for trying :sun:
They stung me for 3 bank charges,but were only willing to rescind one of the charges,apparently I now owe £945,I would have been willing to pay back the overdraft of £750,but instead they got too greedy and wanted more and more money,so I thought bollox to em,they aint getting JACK!

nayga73
'Lies can run for a year, but truth can catch them in a day'. Old african proverb
nayga73

Postby rebelwithoutaclue » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:20 pm

I have used this for.3 different friends this week.

Great piece of info
“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.”
rebelwithoutaclue

Return to Frequently Asked Questions