Copyright Trademark Name Claim

Re: Copyright Trademark Name Claim

Postby free_spirit » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:52 am

I've beenn trying the official gov't gazette for my area which is the edinburgh gazette (I'm in the highlands) they won't take
it without a lawyer verifying ut's legality. I emailed my lawyer asking what he would charge for such verification but no response.

It's starting to get a bit expensive this way anyhow, so I'm just going to post it online (done) and npost paper notices in various locations
around the town. Library, Town Hall, Cort House. That should do it. I will leave the online announcement up there permanently on a blog
along with my NOUICR when I get it done.

James
WAKE UP PEOPLE OR ELSE ON YOUR DEATH BED YOU WILL BE THINKING, WHAT THE F**K WAS ALL THAT ABOUT
free_spirit

Postby free_spirit » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:27 am

I'll be heading out to post my copyright notice in up to 10 locations. As I go through this process I'm trying to understand the benefits/reasons for
doing so.

1. To take control of the Legal Fiction/Strawman
2. To show separation by signing as his agent or authorised representative when neccesary if he is called to book without exposing oneself
to any penalties he may incur and be able to discharge those as the agent.
3. To own the copyright as to discourage pirates to use the cooyright in order to extort funds.
3. To ultimately take control of the Birth Bond, Trust etc.

Is this correct?

James
WAKE UP PEOPLE OR ELSE ON YOUR DEATH BED YOU WILL BE THINKING, WHAT THE F**K WAS ALL THAT ABOUT
free_spirit

Postby huntingross » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:11 pm

Hi James

I can only comment on the things I know for certain, being the reasons why I went down the copyright route and why you should declare it.

You should declare it, although it is not necessary under common law, because it takes away any reasonable claim from third parties of not knowing ie Ignorance. Remember ignorance of the law can be a defence see my post

Your declaration should reasonably cover your field of influence....the wider the influence the harder it would be to copyright a name...ordinarily names aren't covered, but when you read the explanation for that, it isn't cast in stone....This is a topic I could drone on about, but don't want to get stuck on the point.

By taking control of the copyright you remove the use of it from everyone who have been camping on it since whenever.

In doing so you become the creditor, agent, secure party and author of the autograph of the Caps name.

You are the private side, the person is the public side....TM and (C)
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby free_spirit » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:23 pm

huntingross wrote:Hi James

I can only comment on the things I know for certain, being the reasons why I went down the copyright route and why you should declare it.

You should declare it, although it is not necessary under common law, because it takes away any reasonable claim from third parties of not knowing ie Ignorance. Remember ignorance of the law can be a defence see my post

Your declaration should reasonably cover your field of influence....the wider the influence the harder it would be to copyright a name...ordinarily names aren't covered, but when you read the explanation for that, it isn't cast in stone....This is a topic I could drone on about, but don't want to get stuck on the point.

By taking control of the copyright you remove the use of it from everyone who have been camping on it since whenever.

In doing so you become the creditor, agent, secure party and author of the autograph of the Caps name.

You are the private side, the person is the public side....TM and (C)

Understood, and better put than my attempt :grin:
free_spirit

Postby jamesholbein » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:12 pm

Freeman-B wrote:Whilst I agree that the London Gazette (local edition) is most certainly the MOST correct way to publicise a copyright notice, I have today used a different route that was somewhat less expensive - in fact, it was free!

http://www.britinfo.net allows free public notices, listed by area, which they display for a month.

I will now secure proofs that mine was indeed published and that it is therefore a matter of public record. For those of you, whose budget is somewhat limited (like mine) it may not be perfect, but is not half bad, especially as it's free :)

:peace: :love:
B

Just thought I might add that brit info is owned by electronic mind ltd which according to dunn and bradstreet and duport does not exist, the only place I could find reference to electronic mind was on Snoop for directors .co.uk which states it has been dissolved? May want to aviod this one.
peace Jim
Unconditional love is the answer, what was the question?
jamesholbein

Postby Farmer » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:11 am

This is the correct address:

http://www.snoop4directors.co.uk/

This site seems more useful than D&B. Thanks very much jamesholbein.
If you're scared of 'them' poisoning 'us' with some shit then maybe you haven't noticed the shit they are already poisoning us with.
- prajna - fmotl.co.uk forum 2011
Farmer

Postby Hope » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:35 pm

A friend of mine lives in Scotland and they managed to place some documents into the
public recorders office,( after they were notarised)not sure is this is way they were taken?

We do not seem to have a public recorders office in England, unless anybody else know otherwise?
Hope

Postby Oliver Cromwell » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:03 pm

huntingross wrote:OK, for those interested in pursuing this line of attack (not defence), here is my understanding of how it works :

Personalise the User Agreement and publish your Copyright Trademark Declaration in your local paper, the one I shall be placing it in shortly covers Edinburgh but also my local paper as it is under the same ownership. This way I get better coverage for my area.

This is your declaration of Copyright and Trademark, they are now established in Common Law.

Sit back and wait. Go about your business.

If and when you receive approaches written or telephonic, send them your User Agreement and Copyright Notice. As I understand it, you don't even need to reply to the subject of their initial approach, just send this off to them, you are now in contract with them. Add their details to the bottom of the User Agreement, and a Statement of their infringements.

If they write again, they are infringers of your Copyright Trademark, send them a Bill.

If they do not respond or pay within 21 days the account triples and claims agaist personal and corporate assests should follow without further notice.

This is a VERY interesting idea and I would be pleased to know how this develops.

Regards
'He whom the Son has made free is free indeed'
Oliver Cromwell

Postby oddball » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:04 am

Great post HG.
oddball

Postby bustthematrix » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:51 pm

Hi All

Another decent site found for registering/notifying copyrights of all kinds. It's at http://www.copyrightdeposit.com/

At £8/€10/$15 for a lifetime registration + 50 years after death, it beats any local newspaper hands down. The service applies to the 164 countries that signed the Berne convention on copyright.

http://www.copyrightservice.co.uk/copyright/p08_berne_convention

Powerful stuff in my view and only takes minutes to load up.
:sun:
bustthematrix

PreviousNext

Return to Frequently Asked Questions