A Not So Frequently Asked Question

A Not So Frequently Asked Question

Postby cassandra » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:54 pm

I've been thinking about that ridiculous fanny merchant who said
“I may not agree with what you're saying but I'll fight to the death for your right to say it.”
Oh really? Are you quite sure about that? I think you should have thought that one through before going public with the nonsense and embarrassing yourself instead of thinking that it was so clever you just couldn't wait to share it.
I also think that the first god-damned PC puppet person to repeat it should have been stoned to death in a gravel pit after a really good going over with whips and clubs and pointy sticks – just to discourage any foolish others, you understand.
If the twaddle man had half the sense attributed to him he would be far more likely to have said
“I may not agree with what you're saying and, if I don't, I'll fight to the death to stop you saying it.”
That is so much more sensible, isn't it? But you don't think so, eh?
Okay, follow this -
Now, imagine our twaddle merchant meeting Adolph Hitler in a Bierkellar in Munich in, say, 1929, and Mr. Hitler telling him about his political and racial purity ideas and how those rotten old state authorities wanted to stop him speaking in public. Fighting for Hitler's right to speak in public and share his ideas leads to WW2 and all its misery. Well done!
Now, imagine me (with my idea of how things should go) meeting the fucker in that Bierkellar in Munich, hearing his ideas - and then knifing the bastard in the sweet spot when he went to the bogs for a slash. Result? No WW2 and we all stayed home and ate cake. Lovely!
So, I ask you, which would have been better for everyone? The ever so lovely twaddle merchant fighting to let Adolph talk his way into power, or Cassandra the brave and bloody-handed knife-man doing the sensible dirty in the Scheisshaus? I think we all know the answer to that one. I also think that there are still a few widows and orphans and survivors of the camps who might well sigh and say
“Ah, if only you had been there, Cassandra. If only you had been there.”
Cassandra.
cassandra

Re: A Not So Frequently Asked Question

Postby pitano1 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:52 pm

cassandra
why do you live in the past.?
If the machine of government is of such a nature that it requires you to be the agent of injustice to another, then, I say, break the law.
Henry David Thoreau
ALL UNALIENABLE RIGHTS RESERVED -AB INITIO - Without Recourse - Non-Assumpsit
pitano1

Postby cassandra » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:50 pm

Oh, but I don't live there - I only visit. Well, that's where all the lessons are, innit?
Cassandra.
cassandra

Postby pitano1 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:23 am

why do you question your own thoughts.?
If the machine of government is of such a nature that it requires you to be the agent of injustice to another, then, I say, break the law.
Henry David Thoreau
pitano1

Postby cassandra » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:06 pm

pitano1 wrote:why do you question your own thoughts.?

Where did that come from? And how is it relevant to the post? How is it relevant to anything?
Are you quite sure you understand the Englsh language? I am far from certain that you do.
Cassandra
cassandra

Postby pitano1 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:28 am

[smile]
I shall leave....Cassandra the brave and bloody-handed knife-man.
in his state of confusion.
He of course......will be determined to have the last....word

AS USUAL.
Henry David Thoreau
pitano1

Postby Dreadlock » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:27 pm

Anyone else find it laughably ironic that cassandra/musashi, who by his own words does not agree with freedom of speech, would like to go back in time and kill Hitler? :giggle:
Dreadlock

Return to Frequently Asked Questions