principle plus 3 times the principle

principle plus 3 times the principle

Postby FreemanG » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:52 pm

just a quick one, Does anyone know where "principle plus 3 times the principle" came from?

I have had a quick search on here and google and nothing is jumping out.

I've always used it, and now it would be nice to be able to defend it in court, so just wondering what its origin was.

be well

G
FreemanG

Re: principle plus 3 times the principle

Postby Freeman Stephen » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:52 pm

I've heard of three times the costs you've incurred before. . . but it's bollocks imho. your entitled to be compensated for all your losses (including time and worry etc) but nothing more.
Freeman Stephen

Postby Dreadlock » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:21 pm

I think it's ecclesiastical law. I remember reading it somewhere...
Dreadlock

Postby huntingross » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:06 pm

Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby Dreadlock » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:13 am

I keep telling people to read the Bible if they want a good foundation in law :psst: and all I get is funny looks... :yawn:
Dreadlock

Postby musashi » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:38 am

It comes from the SHETTAR - Jewish business law.

It's all done in threes. Three times compensation. Three weeks on a Notice of Interest. Thirty days on a Commercial Lien - because all money demands are given thirty days. Three days for the Notice of Default. Three times thirty days for the Lien to perfect. Thirty day credit lines, sixty day credit lines etc. The ten day contract rule is for three days to get there, three days to decide and three days to get back. There will be a Sunday in there somewhere so an extra day is given.

William the Conqueror brought Jewish clerks with him and they brought the Shettar with them. The rest is history. Oh, and some say that the King James version of the bible was written specifically for commerce. Oh oh, and some say it wasn't.

There are lots of threes involved, aren't there? Three steps (trespass) - tres pas in French; three Maries; Three days in Hell; three deities - father son and holy ghost; The Triple White Goddess of Maiden, Nymph and Hag. Three magistrates. Lots and lots and lots of threes. Three sides of the equilateral triangle to make the pyramid and the merkabar and the infinitely small and infinitely big. The fuckers are everywhere! Fives are in there as well. Fives and threes appear together a lot in one way and another.

Musashi
It's still fucked, isn't it?
musashi

Postby musashi » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:37 am

The philosophy now is that you cannot claim more than you lost. No profit, please.

The state has taken the decision about how much you can be compensated for in a given matter. The sums are fixed and the decision made by the judge in the case - unless you tell him that you do not seek the order of the court but will pursue privately. You can find a copy of the MAGISTRATES COURTS SENTENCING GUIDELINES in one of my old, but recent, posts. It's helpful in establishing what a court would accept in a money claim.

If you are doing a lien then there is a chance that you may end up in front of a jury if the lien debtor goes that route. So you must show that your figures are reasonable. The jury will decide how much you get and if you have been a bit silly they may just cut you down to size.

Of course, if you pursue out of court on certain matters - like libel or slander, or maybe assault, then only you can determine the value of the PSYCHIC damage you suffered. No codified amounts, there, and no-one can really argue with you because only you can say how much you have suffered. Remember Elton John got Half a million from the Sun newspaper when they called him a homosexual.

Musashi
It's still fucked, isn't it?
musashi

Return to General Freeman related questions