Freeman Name and gender issues

Freeman Name and gender issues

Postby nature spirit » Wed May 13, 2009 7:32 pm

I was wondering if anybody knows if your freeman name can be anything you like. I changed my name by deedpoll a few years ago, and this is my legal name- so it applies to my person, not me, if I understand all this correctly. I am also transgendered and transgendered people have to jump through all sorts of hoops to be recognised for who they are- they are eventually issued with a legal 'gender recognition certificate', which of course is a fiction. If you know yourself, your soul, to be a different gender to your body- then is it lawful to call yourself by a name of that gender so

jo: of the family bloggs
becomes
jane: of the family bloggs

Also this puts gay marriage into new light as it is not recognised legally, but is it recognised in common law?
nature spirit

Re: Freeman Name and gender issues

Postby Veronica » Wed May 13, 2009 7:42 pm

I'm a transsexual.

What do you want to know, honey?
Freedom's just another word for: "Nothing left to lose" (Janis Joplin)
"There is no path to peace, peace IS the path" (Mahatma Ghandi)
"There is no path to freedom, freedom IS the path" (Veronica Chapman)
Veronica
Founder
Founder

Postby nature spirit » Wed May 13, 2009 10:09 pm

Hi Veronica, brilliant job you are doing here. I have two questions regarding transgender issues and common law.

Firstly, can I use my chosen name, which reflects my true soul gender, as a Freeman of the land, without any gender recognition, deed polls, etc.

Secondly, I am happily married, but realise my marriage would not be recognised if I were to be legally female, as gay marriage is not recognised legally. Is a gay common law marriage recognised.

I have lots of other questions too, not only about gender, but have lots of reading to do here and elsewhere, where I may find some answers.

Blessings

Melissa
nature spirit

Postby Veronica » Wed May 13, 2009 10:34 pm

nature spirit wrote:Firstly, can I use my chosen name, which reflects my true soul gender, as a Freeman of the land, without any gender recognition, deed polls, etc.

It's not a good idea to do it without making a Deed Poll. A Deed Poll is a piece of cake (to make). You don't need a Solicitor ... 3 friends will do. You can copy mine.

You would have to send it up everywhere to get your 'documentation' changed. If it gets lost in the post ... just do another one. You'll need to send your Berth Certificate with it, in most cases. Also they will (generally) NOT accept Photocopies.

BTW: I should (perhaps point out) I haven't had the 'ops'. Although I did take some Hormone Pills to create my breasts. But I'm still the same 'down below'. At 65 it makes no difference one way or the other (I don't 'do' men)

nature spirit wrote:Secondly, I am happily married, but realise my marriage would not be recognised if I were to be legally female, as gay marriage is not recognised legally. Is a gay common law marriage recognised.

I'm not sure you quite understand the situation ... or maybe I don't.

"Legally' is irrelevant. So any sentence you wrote, using that word, is a non-sentence.

I am also married ... but separated since about 1995. But still 'legally' married (i.e. never divorced)

The question is: What do you want? The State has no right to interfere with what you want. If you & your partner are happy with one another, what has the State got to do with that? You don't even need the same Family Name. (If you don't want to). Common Law supports you, provided that you don't:

1. Breach the peace,
2. Cause harm to another.
3. Cause loss to another.
4. Use mischief in your agreement & promises.

A Deed Poll gets over (4) from 'being fraudulent by using another name'.

Everything else is ... whatever you want. That's 'lawful' ('legal' is irrelevant)

'Lawful' means 'it's the law'.

'Legal' means it is just Company Policy.

I really suggest you read the FAQ Section. I think you'll find most answers there.
Freedom's just another word for: "Nothing left to lose" (Janis Joplin)
"There is no path to peace, peace IS the path" (Mahatma Ghandi)
"There is no path to freedom, freedom IS the path" (Veronica Chapman)
Veronica
Founder
Founder

Postby nature spirit » Thu May 14, 2009 1:06 am

Thanks Veronica, have been working my way through the site and the FAQs especially, seems very complicated at first- but that is how they want it to seem.
nature spirit

Return to General Freeman related questions