Council repairs!!!!!

Council repairs!!!!!

Postby freemandr » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:48 am

I recently had an arsen attack on my fence which on the other side is a public alleyway.

Cut a long story short, I called the police however the policeman walked straight into my house and then asked if he could come in? then he started questioning me asked my name dob and occupation, to which I replied whats that got to do with anything, he said thats one of the "things" he has to fill in....bizarre I know I am only reporting a crime, I gave him the details as I didnt want to get into a conflict.

So then I called the council and the lady says "we are not doing repairs anymore to which I though maybe I should stop paying tax and rent.....I then empahisesd it is a public alleyway....and then she says she will look into it.....I'll hound her very soon.

Is it just me or does the above seem like abnormal behaviour on thier parts, and should I not get a rent and council tax reduction if they are not going to honour thier side of the bargain.?
freemandr

Re: Council repairs!!!!!

Postby freemandr » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:16 am

after a battle of nessasity for a new wooden fence they have prepred to replace it....it wasnt a easy battle I had to fight my case
freemandr

Re: Council repairs!!!!!

Postby MikeThomas » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:06 pm

A few years ago the councils had to partake in a 'STOCK TRANSFER' scheme that meant all council owned properties would be 'transferred' to a Housing Association, or one would be created, in order to take housing responsibilities from the said councils and put social housing on a more level playing field. However, the result was that all housing associations would combine their waiting lists and the local council would co-ordinate. As the council provide the FAIR RENT OFFICERS it was thought that they were reneging on their obligations to monitor their own properties. There are plenty of examples of this.

Bottom line is this: If it's their property then they have to maintain it and provide 'insurance' for the property itself. Including outbuildings and fences.
We are the people our parents told us NOT TO PLAY WITH
MikeThomas

Return to General Freeman related questions