State of New Hampshire

State of New Hampshire

Postby huntingross » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:16 pm

This makes interesting bed time reading, the first of many I've been informed.

HOUSE CONCURRENT RESOLUTION 6 A RESOLUTION affirming States’ rights based on Jeffersonian principles
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Re: State of New Hampshire

Postby huntingross » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:27 pm

This isn't a particularly news worthy article, but the first minute or so should give the idea of what seems to be a growing swell of opinion.

Don't we just know that the UK against tides and odds will stick to its guns

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP8YnOADO3E
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby huntingross » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:48 am

North Dakota have passed their bill for State Sovereignty

http://www.tenthamendmentcenter.com/200 ... vereignty/

WHEREAS, the 10th Amendment to the Constitution of the United States reads as follows: “The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people”; and

and I like the bit at the end that says "are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people"....so people under the 10th Amendment can state their own Sovereignty (is my reading of that)....that is - if a State can do it so can the people.
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby Veronica » Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:14 pm

Over 30 States have done that. I just find it curious. They have a Constitution that is supreme, including a Bill of Rights that is also supreme ... and yet now they are 'affirming it'?

How does one ratify something already ratified? Is there even a word "reratified"?

It's like saying that, if you believe in God, you have to occasionally affirm that God is, indeed, God ... to make sure everyone remembers. Or that, say The Queen is still the Queen (actually, apparently, she isn't ... and neither was her father ... but that's another story. Apparently there was some faking going on in 1953. Are we surprised? Not exactly).

But then I suppose just holding up your hand to vote for an affirmation is a heck of a lot easier than actually getting OFF YOUR BUM and DOING SOMETHING POSITIVE with what you already had in the first place.

(Seeing this sort of bullshit - in place of any real ACTION - drives my American friends wild with rage)
Freedom's just another word for: "Nothing left to lose" (Janis Joplin)
"There is no path to peace, peace IS the path" (Mahatma Ghandi)
"There is no path to freedom, freedom IS the path" (Veronica Chapman)
Veronica
Founder
Founder

Return to General Freeman related questions