First Letter Sent

First Letter Sent

Postby phillwelsh » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:34 pm

Hi all,
After waiting almost 3 weeks for the DCA to contact me for not paying them I finally recived a letter from RMA demanding my money. So today I sent my first letter using the DCA template on this site. Cant wait for the reply!!
I find it very strange that they have not contacted me by phone? In the past when I have paid them a day late they have gone crazy and rang me every second of the day?
But I did receive a phone call today from another of the DCA's and had to blag them for 10 minutes so they would send me something I could write back to.

Any ways the fun has begun and I will be writing up a full paper trail on here of my up coming success for others to comment and enjoy!

Power to the people!!

Phill
phillwelsh

Re: First Letter Sent

Postby elemental mechanic » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:42 pm

will be good to see how you get on, i am wondering though, why did you allow them to take 10 minutes of your time? i would think your not obliged to talk to them.

:peace:
I KNOW WHERE I'M GOING
I KNOW THE TRUTH
I DON'T HAVE TO BE WHAT YOU WANT ME TO BE
I'M FREE TO BE WHAT I WANT

Muhammad Ali
elemental mechanic

Postby kevin » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:58 pm

good luck, I too wonder why you bothered talking to them, they'll write to you soon enough if you refuse to talk to them on the phone, after all...your going to tell them where they can stick their business anyway
kevin

Postby phillwelsh » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:24 am

morning everyone.
I'm a bit rubbish on the phone to be honest. I usually ask who's calling and if its one of the DCA's i just say i'm not in but yesterday my mum answered the phone and then screamed my name up the stairs so i couldnt really say i wasnt in :)
But i got them to send me some sort of letter so not a total waste of time!
Phill
Dont ya know there aint no devil, thats just god when he's drunk!

No more Mr Nice Guy!!! From now on its Phill of the family Nice Guy!!!
phillwelsh

Postby phillwelsh » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:52 am

Hi everyone!
this updates a little slow in coming but my router blew up the other day so Ive been internetless!!!

I received this letter from RMA on Saturday and would like suggestions to my next step:
Mr Phillip Sheen
Address...
Our Ref:.....
Our Client: Barclay Card
Dear Mr Sheen
We are in receipt of your letter dated 22nd July the content of which has been duly noted.

We wish to inform you that NCO Europe Ltd is a global supplier to the accounts receivables industry, providing the very highest levels of service afforded to the clients, customers and all third parties with which we deal. We therefore offer you our personal assurances that correspondence such as yours is taken seriously.

Addressing the issues raised in your letter we take this opportunity to advise that a full investigation has been conducted with appropriate action taken.

We can confirm that your telephone number has been removed as requested and that we have placed your account into a temporary holding status – this means that you should not receive any telephone calls or correspondence until this matter is resolved.

We can also confirm that we received this account from our client and have been acting on their behalf since 9th November 2005 – since then we have spoken to you on many occasions and have also dealt with your appointed Debt Management Company.

Your account is up to date as we have received correspondence from your appointed 3rd on the 23rd July 2009 and have accepted the offer of £48.51 for the next 12 months. During this time, you should not receive any correspondence from us as long as your payments reach our offices in a timely manner.

Should you wish to access the information which we hold on file for you, there is a statutory fee of £10.00 under section 7 of the Data Protection Act 1998. We can also assure you that we are fully licensed and therefore regulated company.

We trust all of the issues raised have been addressed to your satisfaction, should you have any further concerns please do not hesitate to contact us directly on....

Few questions to, they say they have removed my phone number from there system, should they have removed all information on me as requested?

they said
Code: Select all
we have placed your account into a temporary holding status
what does this mean exactly??

also
hould you wish to access the information which we hold on file for you, there is a statutory fee of £10.00
Shouldnt this be £1?

Im assuming that my next letter should ask them to answer the questions i actually asked (i used V's template off this site) since they didnt really answer them and also ask for some signed contracts which they of course would not have :grin:

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers
Phill

phillwelsh

Postby phillwelsh » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:11 am

I should mention the template I used was the request to cease harassment.

Phill

phillwelsh

Postby phillwelsh » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:50 pm

one more question if ayones got 5 minutes
Your account is up to date as we have received correspondence from your appointed 3rd on the 23rd July 2009 and have accepted the offer of £48.51 for the next 12 months. During this time, you should not receive any correspondence from us as long as your payments reach our offices in a timely manner.

I sent the debt help company an email weeks ago saying I no longer needed them. Im assuming the above is basically saying that they have contacted the debt company and they have issued an agreement? does that sound a bit weird to any one since I have not paid any one of them for two months?

Just putting my letter together so if anyone can answer please do.

Cheers
Phill

phillwelsh

Postby phillwelsh » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:59 pm

Ok for those interested I've put together a letter in reply to that one which is based on one I found in Hephaestus post.
It goes like so
Notice of Request for Clarification and Definition of Fee Schedule

To:
Collections Manager
RMA
Old Docks House
90 Watery Lane
Preston
PR2 1AU

Dear Sirs,

Please read the following notice thoroughly and carefully before responding. It is a notice. It informs you. It means what it says.

I refer you to my previous letter, in which I have requested Proofs of Claims and so far they have not been forthcoming. As such you will find I am not in dishonour.
On 22nd July I requested from you the following,

1. Proof of Claim that your actions are reasonable.

2. Proof of Claim that any obligation on my part is due, or believed by you to be due to you, and not to some other party.

3a. Proof of Claim that any obligation on my part is to yourself by providing sight of the appropriate contract, or

3b. Proof of Claim that any obligation on my part to persons for whom you act by providing sight of the appropriate contract.

4. Proof of Claim that any obligation on my part protects you from any future loss.

5. Proof of Claim that any obligation on my part is enforcement of a legal process on a Human Being under Common Law jurisdiction, who cannot possibly have such liability under said jurisdiction.

You would of course need to provide these Proofs, including showing the full and audited accounting, if you chose to go to law.

So far, none of this has been provided by you, despite having had more than enough time. So again I ask are you able to provide a signed agreement that shows I have a contract with you and I would add, one that includes the original wet signature I placed on it.
I would also bring to you attention at this point that this would be required under full commercial liability and penalty of perjury as would occur if you were to take any court action; with respect, be advised I would demand it in evidence.
With this in mind I again refer you to my previous letter, and I request that you re-read it, responding accordingly - in substance – within the next ten (10) days of the date of this letter.
You will be deemed to have been served notice of my request and I will deem it served three (3) days from the date of this letter. This has been sent by recorded delivery. I am advising you that any communications from you including but not limited to letters, phone calls and text messages received after this date will be recorded/noted with the intention of them being used as evidence

May I also bring to your attention that subsequent to the receipt of this letter you are hereby Noticed that any further letters I may need to send, will be charged at £500 per letter; this sum includes all perusal and research costs, up to and including any other miscellaneous activities that may take up my time in order to prepare appropriate responses.

Sincerely and without ill will, vexation or frivolity,

Phillip: of the Sheen family
WITHOUT PREJUDICE, i.e. all Natural Inalienable Rights Reserved
Please address all future correspondence in the matter to a direct Human Self, namely Phillip: of the Sheen family, as commonly called.

Encl: Original paperwork as received.

Im going to send this out on Monday so if there is anything I have missed out I'd like to know as soon as possible.
Id also like any answers to any of the questions Ive put above.

Cheers
Phill

phillwelsh

Postby phillwelsh » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:58 pm

any comments or help on the questions before i send this letter on tomorrow?

Cheers
Phill

phillwelsh

Postby griffo » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:23 pm

Hi all
If a company is a Debt Recovery Agency then they are not allowed to harass you, they are not allowed to embarrass you at all. They have no authority, A bailiff has a little more backing as they have normally been allocated after a judgment through a court de facto. Firstly i would send the companies a Notice to Cease Harassment, then if they send a letter back, it will normally be a letter which is computer generated or if your lucky it will be from a member of there legal team but it will be a letter of none response, which means they have not answered the questions to which you have asked, or are writing as if you don't exist, except to pay there claim. Once they respond without substance you must follow with a Notice of Estoppal by Acquiescent,(found on templates)
Also i have re-sent a Notice of Harassment with the added extra explaining to the company that i did write to everyone who was mentioned in the 1st harassment letter and that if they did breach the request by sending a bod around my house then i will charge a fee( this case i decided on 5,000 a man) to say they then took me serious, well the next i heard from them they were sending the bill back to the original party.I have heard nothing since. I am waiting on an investigation by two departments (who are in the harassment notice) on these bailiffs.
Dont let them ignor your lawful letter. Remember they are third party intervener's. When on the phone request they write to you so you can be sure who they are. Do not agree to anything. Ask the individuals name and demand they put there requests in writing, When they say Mrs Bla Bla, you say, Who is this. Who are you. HOW DARE YOU Dont call me again. all in one breath then hang up. (this just makes you feel better when you do get caught out on the phone)
Read Legal fiction person in Veronicas book,
hope this helps and best of luck

stick to your guns

Griffo :peace:
griffo

Next

Return to Bailiffs & Debt Collection Agencies