Bailiffs in France - can anyone help?

Bailiffs in France - can anyone help?

Postby Freeman-B » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:54 am

Well, since I started getting involved with the whole Freeman movement, I have been looking for an opportunity to use the knowledge I have gained. It now seems that the opportunity has arrived, even if it is not quite as I anticipated!

I run a company in France, which was doing OK until last year, since which time, we have hardly made a penny. As a result, I haven't had a salary for over 18 months and have subsisted on little bits and pieces of cash in hand work.

As a consequence, I have had some difficulty paying the rent on my appartment, which I have been in for 3 years now. I have made a couple of payments recently, but am still behind several months in the payments.

Now the fun part.

Last week, someone a bit dodgy-looking came to my door. I saw him on the intercom and decided not to answer, which turned out to be the right decision - it was a bailiff (Huissier de Justice), presumably come to serve something on me from my landlord. Later that day, I checked the mailbox and found a hand-addressed letter to my person. On opening it (on behalf of my person) I found it to be an "avis de passage" (notification of visit) from a company purporting to represent my landlord in the matter of "unpaid rent".

Having sent off my NUI&COR a couple of months ago, I have lawfully established myself as a Freeman on the Land, albeit in the UK rather than France, however, my claims include the right to live as a Freeman anywhere on "Planet Earth". I have also previously been successful in using "desist" notices to debt collectors, which I am modifying for this occasion.

My question, though, concerns tha nature of the Bailiff in France (a civil, rather than common-law jurisdiction). It seems to me that the bailiff is claiming to be acting as an officer of the court (?), and that the notice he left basically says that in the matter concerned, the "act" will be on display in his offices for 3 months, after which time his "duty will be discharged". It makes no suggestion as to what that duty may be, nor the contents of the "act", which, apparently they have sent to me (but which hasn't been received yet), nor what I should do about it, apart fom going to their offices to see it, which I have no intention of doing.

I would be grateful for anyone French or with experience of these matters in France who can suggest in what ways the French system are different from the UK one, so that I can respond appropriately (i.e. that they are a third-party intervener with no standing, and with whom I have no contract). I have been reading up about the matter since it came up and it seems it will take them about 18 months to evict me (don't you just love the French :-) anyway, but I want to make sure that I am right about that. The interesting part is that, as the chancellor is now my fiduciary, I have demanded a bll from the landlord (which he has previously refused to provide as he is not declaring the income!) and I have now discovered that it is MANDATORY to issue a bill in the matter of rent in France - excellent. If he refuses to issue the bill, then how can I (or my fiduciary) pay it?

Suggestions on a postcard welcome....
B
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice. Einstein
Banking doesn’t “involve” fraud...banking IS fraud. Tim Madden
Freeman-B

Re: Bailiffs in France - can anyone help?

Postby Freeman-B » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:43 pm

I didn't really expect anyone here to be able to commenton the French system, but thought it was worth a bash!

So, what I've decided to do is.....

1. Stay put and try to figure out how the French system works (got a friend who is a lawyer and should be able to help)

2. Demand a bill from the landlord - both under our contract and French law he HAS to provide one (and I've never had ANY!)

3. If he does send me a bill - A4V it to the treasury (getting that sorted out at the mo!)

4. Enjoy the summer :sun:

5. Continue to establish and communicate my Freeman rights, ideals and intentions and to help others do same :ugeek:

:peace: :love:
B
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice. Einstein
Freeman-B

Postby Sophia » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:00 pm

Hello Freeman-B!
What happened? I have got a french acquaintance Francoise with property in France, but am not sure how advanced she is herself as she is coming from two angles and not purely freeman... but including freeman ....
Am really interested about this and your PM thread . I would really love to see the actual reply from the PM's office when you have the time. I will get hold of F's email, as I am sure she will know something helpful.
All the best and let me know where to send her email, can we do private messaging on this forum? I am pretty un ofe with computer possibilities :sun:

bb,
Sophia
Sophia

Postby Sophia » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:02 pm

I forgot to ask - what does your A4V look like now :thinks:

bb,
S
Sophia

Postby Freeman-B » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:11 pm

Apologies for the delay ma petite, but I have not been watching the thread very closely.

I have now noticed my landlord regarding his failure to comply with both the law and our contract. He appears to think this is frivoulous, although it was specifically marked as not so - his bad!

If only he would provide a bill, the chancellor would pay....wouldn't he?

Regardless, I can't pay a bill that hasn't been issued - a "statement" is simply not the same, and has no standing inlaw, as far as I am aware.

Ball securely in his court.....
:peace: :love:
B
Freeman-B

Return to Bailiffs & Debt Collection Agencies