Important Announcement

Important Announcements and Forum Alerts

Re: Important Announcement

Postby cal » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:23 am

looks like and better start posting instead of being lazy then :giggle:
cal

Postby darrell4165 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:51 pm

a good idea to be fair.this forum was locked for quite a while and you end up researching it all properly instead of just grazing over it.love this site so much its unreal.peace :shake:
darrell4165

Postby diasan » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:32 pm

treeman wrote:
diasan wrote:
treeman wrote:1. All Inactive Registrations deleted.

So - what is deemed to be an inactive registration?

A registration thats inactive, one that is no longer being utilised. Do you have a secondary account diasan that you would like me to check on.

Thanks. That's why I asked.

Nope, just the one account. I don't post that often, but I do log in and read fairly frequently.
diasan

Postby diasan » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:41 pm

pedawson wrote:
diasan wrote:
treeman wrote:1. All Inactive Registrations deleted.

So - what is deemed to be an inactive registration?

Erm diasan, you have read the introduction to this forum, haven't you?

Yes - but quite some time ago... and I was anticipating that the interpretation of inactive may have changed.

It states quite clearly what this term means. Before you continue to post further please do have a read.

So 'WHAT constitutes 'INACTIVE REGISTRATION'?' - An account that is set up and NOT used, possibly an account to be used at a later date for SPAM.
No individual would set up an account and NOT use it, why bother to set it up if one is not going to post? One does not have to register to view what is on the forum.

I do not view 'use' as synonymous with 'post'. I read some forums where I have never posted.
There the point in being registered, despite never having posted, is simply so that the forum keeps track of the posts I have read.
Hence why one would go to the bother of setting up an account, yet not post.

Hope this answers your question.

I think so, thanks.

I'd interpret your response as indicating that despite my low posting frequency, my account is still safe.
diasan

Postby treeman » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:47 pm

Yes, your account is still safe. :shake: :peace:
I'll make no subscription to their paradise.

All Rights Reserved - Without Prejudice - Without Recourse - Non-Assumpsit
Errors & Omissions Excepted
treeman

Postby pedawson » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:43 pm

darrell4165 wrote:a good idea to be fair.this forum was locked for quite a while and you end up researching it all properly instead of just grazing over it.love this site so much its unreal.peace :shake:

I like this response to my post, and by the way it was done tongue in cheep. But you might not have known that at the time diasan.
Every forum is for all members and some will just read posts and not post, I understand this, however if one has NEVER posted and is an unknown the account may be at risk of being deleted.
You have made a point that is legitimate and as far as treeman is concerned your account was not flushed. So the way we do things does work.
To be honest with you I had not read the introduction when I started here but I knew that if I did not contribute in some way or maintain a presence my account would become dormant and it would be deleted.

The point I am making here is that the forum is a free man on the land forum and it is not a source of information, well it is, but it is information that has been gathered by the members for the members and not just to be used as a font of knowledge, our knowledge needs to grow and it is you new members that take the baton and run with it in a way the established members have not gone, or confirm, or deny what is on the forum.
The forum would soon disintegrate into a them and us scenario, them being those that are supplying the info and us the ones that use it. Not a good example but you get my drift, I hope.
There is no problem with just reading the posts and there is no problem not contributing, but sooner or later you will / may find out something other than what you read on this forum that is of significance - relating to what you have read here.
Further, this forum should not be your only source if info, ones research should be much more diverse than just here and one WILL find things that may be of interest here, THUS the forum grows and becomes more of a resource.

There are a few members, we all know who they are, who are constantly posting new info and it is designed to a) keep the forum flow going b) Introducing new research c) Expanding the scope of the topics and knowledge and last but not final encourages members to stay and contribute.

So in a way you might have a better understanding of the reference 'inactive members'.
I do apologise if my post seemed sarcastic, I understand you might have thought it that way, However you are ALL my brothers and sisters on this forum and I have a personality and way that can sometimes be misconstrued, I assure you if I where to attack, it would be in words that could never be misconstrued. I am not saying you intimated I was - just covering my bases :peace:

So continue with what you are doing and one day you will be a contributor just as many are.

Hope you understand.

Namaste, rev;
Don't be surprised to discover that luck favours those who are prepared
pedawson

Postby treeman » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:33 pm

An attempt was made today to reopen registrations via admin activation, but alas, it causes to many headaches for all concerned, 30 spam attacks in as many minutes. Forum will remain closed until 21/12/2012.

treeman

Postby holy vehm » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:20 pm

treeman wrote: Forum will remain closed until 21/12/2012.

Then what happens :grin:
"A ruler who violates the law is illegitimate. He has no right to be obeyed. His commands are mere force and coercion. Rulers who act lawlessly, whose laws are unlawful, are mere criminals".
holy vehm

Location: http://www.fmotl.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=9142

Postby treeman » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:50 pm

We may no longer require the written word to dominate our existance. :geek:

treeman

Postby knightron » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:51 pm

treeman wrote:We may no longer require the written word to dominate our existence. :geek:

:giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
knightron

PreviousNext

Return to Bulletin Board