Freeman held on psych ward for not owning the NAME!! Help ne

Important Announcements and Forum Alerts

Freeman held on psych ward for not owning the NAME!! Help ne

Postby kazz67 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:51 pm

Hi everyone, got some alarming news to share, and a possible (very short notice) call to action!

One of the regulars from the Stockport meets, Andy, aka Wild Hunt, is currently being held for mental health assessment following being picked up by police yesterday after he spoke to a couple of women who were outside Stockport uni holding a magaphone. - He offered to talk to them about chemtrails, water fluoridation, all that sort of stuff and they freaked for some 'reason'. He went on his way and was later stopped by the cops but refused to give his name, at which point they arrested him.
Later they decided to play the psychiatric card and took him to the local mental health ward for assessment.

I've looked at the Mental Health ACT 1983 and 2007 just to confirm that TWO MH professionals have to believe him to be a danger to himself or others, and have to say so in writing, in order for him to be held under this act. Once they get the two statements they can hold him for as long as 28 days and can basicall twist things any way they please to keep him beyond that point if they so wish!

Mr Gadget is going to Oldham shortly (where Andy is from and being transferred to). I'm going to make a couple of phone calls once enough time has passed for Andy to be admitted to Oldham psych hosp, and find out what I can.

In the meantime, if you are in the Northwest, and free tomorrow, please be prepared to get to Oldham with little notice. - As I say I'll get as much info as I can and share it... The chances are he will need us there tomorrow!

Light n love,
Kazz. xxxx
kazz67

Re: Freeman held on psych ward for not owning the NAME!! Help ne

Postby Prajna » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:19 pm

Kazz, Oliver wanted to get on the case but doesn't have Andy's name. You can skype me if you like and I'll pass the details onto Oliver but probably you have contact details for Oliver.

I sprung Oli from the psyche ward when the cops pulled the same trick on him.

They will have Andy for 'assessment' at the moment unless he has a mental health record. Usually they ask people if they will go voluntarily and threaten then with section if they don't. If he opted for voluntary assessment then he is, in fact, technically free to leave whenever he wishes, though a) the staff on the ward will most probably threaten to section him if he does and b) if he went there from the cop shop then they will insist that they have to notify the police if he is discharged.

If he refused a voluntary assessment then they will have 'sectioned' him: section 4 if it is his first time or section 2 if he has 'history'. The easiest and most reliable way to get him released is for his 'nearest relative' to simply go there and demand his release. Even someone who is completely off their trolley has to be released if the nearest relative requests. Nearest relative is, in order of priority: Spouse; Father; Mother; Elder Sibling (if I remember correctly and it hasn't been changed yet). So, best people know who their nearest relative is and have them on side. That isn't always possible, particularly for people who really do have mental health problems because often the nearest relative is the one who drove them nuts in the first place.

You may be lucky if a close friend goes and requests their release; they only have to say, "I know Andy really well and albeit that he seems crazy to you (the Dr) he is behaving perfectly normally for Andy."

You have to be very calm and diplomatic, particularly if they have been sent from the police station because if you do it right then you might get, "I have to report to the police if he discharges himself but, you know, in a busy ward like this sometimes it can be an hour or two before there is an opportunity to do that."

Let me know if I can be of more help.
FREEDOM Best Before: 11 Sept 2001
http://tomboy-pink.co.uk/ and http://DeclarePeace.org.uk/
Prajna

Postby kazz67 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:38 pm

Thanks Prajna, that's already a bit help!! - I don't have you or Oliver on skype (yet!) so I'll pm you andy's name here.

I'll also share what you've said here on the skype groups, but only if that's ok with you!

Light n love,
Kazz. xxxx
kazz67

Postby Prajna » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:48 pm

Most welcome to, Kazz. You'll find me in the White Rabbit skype group; only one Prajna there, I think. Oliver is also there as waterboost, but I think he is not in the room much.
Prajna

Postby kazz67 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:54 pm

The good news is I've spoken to andy and he's fine.. very calm and taking it all in his stride.

There's no big call to action, but he'd still welcome any visitors and any info on the mental health act and getting out of there!
He's at Pennine Care NHS foundation trust
Royal Oldham hospital
OL1 2JH

If you're planning on visiting, pm me for his last name.
I'm visiting him tomorrow ande taking all the info I can (no printer so I'll have to write it out! :P )

I read him some of what you've written here Prajna, and think I made his day. ;)

love n hugs,
Kazz. xxxx

P.S. I'll find you and Oliver on skype shortly, and add you both.
kazz67

Postby kazz67 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:55 pm

kazz67

Postby woodman » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:15 pm

Scandalous this isn't it, treating people this way can actually cause mental illness, hope he's okay!

Hey hoops, koko, any comments? would either of you arrest a man who had been giving his opinions through a megaphone and refused to give his name in this "free" country?

:peace:
‘Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, no one but ourselves can free our minds’- Robert Nesta Marley (1945 - 1981)

‘All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing’ - Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)
woodman
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Prajna » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:24 pm

I love to help, Kazz, and I am delighted he is doing ok. I have some little experience of the situation, so it is even more pleasing that he is relaxed about it. Pity I'm not still up north or I would be over to see him like a shot.

I'm always happy to answer questions and you are welcome to pass my details onto him.

love, peace, happiness & grace,
Prajna
Prajna

Postby Dipsy » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:20 am

Strange thing is when you know people that really ARE off their trolley you can not get anyone to fast track them into these places for their own safety. I known people that have attempted suicide and after a stomach pump were sent home the next day even though the family thought they were at high risk of leaping out of the nearest high window.

The only thing i can suggest is try and make sure he gets names of everyone involved in his case cos he is going to need it after he gets out and start filing some notices and a few hefty liens for damages sure wont go amiss.
Dipsy

Postby kazz67 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:59 am

Dipsy wrote:The only thing i can suggest is try and make sure he gets names of everyone involved in his case cos he is going to need it after he gets out and start filing some notices and a few hefty liens for damages sure wont go amiss.

Absolutely Dipsy. Good advice!

Love n hugs,
Kazz. xxxx
kazz67

Next

Return to Bulletin Board