Searching/Dowloading/Converting Videos

Important Announcements and Forum Alerts

Searching/Dowloading/Converting Videos

Postby Veronica » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:03 pm

By the way, since the Google & YouTube 'video searching mechanisms' are complete crap, you may wish to use this: http://www.koyotesoft.com/indexEn.html ... who supply a Free FLV Converter.

It has a search facility which will search all known sources of online videos by a text string you can set. It lists everything it can find. It will play any of them. It will download & convert any of them to AVI, MPEG, etc. on your local Hard Drive.

Editing is possible by means of VirtualDub (http://www.virtualdub.org/download.html), which includes single-framing

Thus you can write the video to a CD or DVD (using Nero Vision Express, or some such). There's also DVD Flick (http://www.dvdflick.net/) for authoring, integrated with ImgBurn (http://www.imgburn.com/) for burning, which are far superior to Nero.

All free stuff.
Freedom's just another word for: "Nothing left to lose" (Janis Joplin)
"There is no path to peace, peace IS the path" (Mahatma Ghandi)
"There is no path to freedom, freedom IS the path" (Veronica Chapman)
Veronica
Founder
Founder

Re: Searching/Dowloading/Converting Videos

Postby markie b » Tue May 05, 2009 6:35 pm

i could help a great deal on this subject if needed as part of a uploading team have access to many great tools nero believe it or not is a very good tool personally i still prefer nero ultra 7 some of my team agree some dont for various reasons but i still prefer kvcd as a cdr is alot cheaper to buy then a dvd and using nero you can burn a kvcd in about 10-15 mins.

for ripping from dvd to avi

How to make a perfect DVDRip (AVI)

OK you will need 2 applications in this guide 1st 1 is DVD Decrypter this will Rip the vob files from the DVD Disk the 2nd application you will need is AGK (Auto Gordion Knot) this will convert the VOB files to AVI format of any size

DVD Decrypter 3.5.4.0 & Auto Gordion Knot 2.45
CODE
http://rapidshare.com/files/192935669/Rip_Pack_AGK_DVD_Decrypter.rar

OK 1st things 1st install both the Applications you just downloaded.

Step 1 DVD Decrypter

1. OK open your DVD in DVD Decrypter as soon as it opens make a new folder somewhere. I recommend your desktop then name it with the title of your film. After that choose this folder as the output destination on DVD Decrypter.

2. Next hit the 'Edit' tab at the top of DVD Decrypter. Then Select the option 'Select main movie files'

3. Now just simply hit this button and wait for it to do its job.

Step 2 Auto Gordion Knot

1. Now you should have the VOB files in the folder on your desktop. So open AGK and Make the input file the 1st VOB file ,you may as well keep the output file directory in the same place as the VOBS (You wont loose it this way)

2. Choose the 1st audio track and don't use subtitles unless you want them.

3. Now to the size i would vary the size depending on the length of the film. If the film is under 01:40:00 make it 1 CD (700 mb) if the length is over 01:40:00 make it 2 CD's (1400 MB). Or you can just do a custom size its up to you.

4. Now click 'advanced options' and change the 'Output audio type' to 'original (AC3/DTS/MPA only)' Then choose what format you want XVid or DivX then click OK

4. Now the final thing is to click the add job button then simply hit start. Thats it very easy to do when you have the right applications hope this helps you all enjoy. grin.gif
when injustice becomes law
rebellion becomes duty
markie b

Postby Veronica » Tue May 05, 2009 6:46 pm

Hi markie,

Thanx for this really good information. I have actually used DVDDecrypter ... and also DVDShrink, so I know they are good software, and also freebies ... even though DVDShrink tends to try to hide itself in order to dodge the bullets.

(DVD Shrink will take a DVD that ... when you try to copy it ... gives you the message "This is too big to be copied" ... DVDShrink will shrink it to size and auto-call Nero ... or whatever ... to burn it. You won't notice the difference. I don't know if markie's ripping method caters for that situation)

Anyway ... put all this together ... and you should be able to do just about anything with 'visuals'.

Nice one ... thanks.
Freedom's just another word for: "Nothing left to lose" (Janis Joplin)
"There is no path to peace, peace IS the path" (Mahatma Ghandi)
"There is no path to freedom, freedom IS the path" (Veronica Chapman)
Veronica
Founder
Founder

Postby markie b » Tue May 05, 2009 9:00 pm

Veronica wrote:Hi markie,

Thanx for this really good information. I have actually used DVDDecrypter ... and also DVDShrink, so I know they are good software, and also freebies ... even though DVDShrink tends to try to hide itself in order to dodge the bullets.

(DVD Shrink will take a DVD that ... when you try to copy it ... gives you the message "This is too big to be copied" ... DVDShrink will shrink it to size and auto-call Nero ... or whatever ... to burn it. You won't notice the difference. I don't know if markie's ripping method caters for that situation)

Anyway ... put all this together ... and you should be able to do just about anything with 'visuals'.

Nice one ... thanks.

i can get any program pretty much wanted or needed for what ever situation audio visual or programable lol but i must admit one of the best sources for free programs is sourceforge as they have thousands of developers working for free to get out free software but also the main stream stuff i can get aswell :grin:
rebellion becomes duty
markie b

Postby SteveS » Thu May 21, 2009 5:57 pm

I use both those programs but updated wise you can use these VSO hddecrypter a free download and dvdshrink, but in Nero is the updated version written by the same author Nero Recode. Nero Recode will do dvd, svcd and vcd if you use origional encoding method then this is quick if transcoding can take @1hr.

use Gspot to find the encoded stream data, it will also give infomation on wether you have the correct codecs installed.

for a player use VLC or KMplayer both free programmes.
SteveS

Postby markie b » Fri May 22, 2009 12:32 am

vlc origional is a very good codec does it come with k-lite still lol ive forgotten it was a while ago since i got it :rotfl:
rebellion becomes duty
markie b

Postby Ray:M » Fri May 22, 2009 10:16 am

I use 'NetVideoHunter' firefox extension works great for downloading from 'google video' and 'youtube' no good for downloading .mp4 though :thinks:
it does however work with both windows and linux :clap:

Download from http://netvideohunter.com/ or https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/7447
Ray:M

Return to Bulletin Board