Can I delegate a Right I don’t possess?

Important Announcements and Forum Alerts

Re: Can I delegate a Right I don’t possess?

Postby musashi » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:36 pm

I doubt, as ever, that it's anything to do with Rights as we define and discuss them.

Expressing something in the way you did here is realy no more than your personal take on the thing; your way of making sense of observed phenomena - which is fine by me 'cos its wot I do as well. None of us possess objective truth on the matter and so we are left with subjective truth - what is true for me. There can be as many such personal takes on the matter as there are people on the planet and it's still fine by me. It only becomes not fine by me when one or more persons think they can push their personal view on the whole world and make 'laws' around it which force us to adopt their opinions and live by them. Or, for that matter, attack and ridicule others for not sharing our personal truth. For me, all we can ever have is observation and the attempt to explain what we see in terms that make sense to us and enable us to communicate that sense to others.

In other areas, such as seeing faces on Mars, or in the mesh of tree branches, or the accidental formation of curiously shaped potatoes, we call this paradolia. As a species we need to make sense of things we encounter for the first time and we quite naturally look to known things and past experiences for paralells or similarities. We can see this in some geographical features being termed The Paps of Jura, or Giant's Causeway and so on. We see animals defending a piece of food, or area of land, or volume of water, and attibute the beast with the same human motives we experience. The trifecta, as you elegantly put it, always and only applies.
Musashi.
It's still fucked, isn't it?
musashi

Postby iamani » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:43 pm

Hi

Was that a polite (and eloquently diplomatic) way to say you disagree with the premise that the first right is life and that all subsequent rights derive from exercising that right, musashi?

Not that i don't appreciate the effort to spare my feelings. Go on, admit it - you missed me, didn't you?
law is all is love is all is law
iamani

Postby musashi » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:39 pm

I refer you to my first statement in this thread.

As for sparing your feelings, no such thought as your "feelings" entered my mind.

As for missing you . . . I can think of two people I missed for a little while but I quickly recovered and got better.
Non, rien de rien.
Non, Je ne regrette rien.
Ni le bien qu'on m'a fait, ni le mal.
Tout ca m'est bien egal.
Non, rien de rien.
Non, Je ne regrette rien.
C'est paye, balaye, oublie.
Je me fous du passe.

As for my own feelings, I have them well in hand.
Avec mes souvenirs
J'ai allume le feu.
Mes chagrins mes plaisirs
Je ne plus besoin d'eux.
Balaye mes amours
avec leur tremolos.
Balaye pour toujours
Je repars a zero.

Musashi, resetting to zero.
musashi

Postby iamani » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:45 pm

Hi

......mmmm, you can almost smell the french cigarette smoke....

Cheers
law is all is love is all is law
iamani

Postby musashi » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:19 pm

In the interest of keeping the argument going and enticing the op back to the battlefield with a genuine case to argue and an argument to support it, I'd like to make one of the many points and observations I could have made to V's two responses to my simple offering of a different opinion. I find a great many people employ the same techniques - and I use that word deliberately - to achieve the same ends.
The technique is to pervert what I say and then attack the perversion which, somehow, destroys my argument. This an obvious nonsense.
I quote myself here - ". . . disguised as a reasonable philosophical extension of my position." when it's actually a perversion of my position.
To introduce irrelevant issues or ideas and attach them to me - morality, sovereignty - this is the perversion, and when the perversion is destroyed all that's happened is that V has destroyed his own invention. I remain. My argument, my position, my words remain, and they remain unchallenged. He has, in effect, abandoned the battlefield to me without firing a shot.

The ever accursed Magi Thatcher said
"I never mind personal attacks because it shows that the opposition doesn't have an argument."

The fictious Mr. Spock of Startrek said
"You find my argument compelling and have no answer, so you resort to personal attacks."

I suggest that V does not have an argument, compelling or otherwise. If you cannot explain your argument then you do not understand the subject matter of the argument. It's time to accept that you have no right to sit at the table and have your voice heard. It's time to go back to school.
Musashi.
musashi

Postby musashi » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:48 pm

by cassandra » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:30 am
The freeman movement flat-lines periodically and a babbling mystagogue appears to revitalise it. His message contains enough of the familiar to give a semblance of credibility of substance while remaining abstruse and oblique enough to defy clear understanding, and controversial enough in its minor differences to stir debate. The heart beats again. Like the once and future king, the eternal warrior, the madman out of the desert is always with us. Hail the reborn one, harbinger of the next cycle.

Musashi.
musashi

Previous

Return to Bulletin Board