The meaning of meaning

Re: The meaning of meaning

Postby enegiss » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:45 am

yoda, welcome, i see you are a star wars fan, i have a few friends who collect the models, to be honest, i dont know much about the films people watch, and i have never watched it myself, but like i have previously explained, my belief is in god rather than science fiction (not fact), the force i am under is the force of law, gods law, my material wealth is not important to me, and i dont need or not need it, but i can assure you law does exist, no matter how hard i would like to just wish it away, so that is why i am on this site, to learn what i can about law, i find it very interesting that you call yourself yoda, is it really a religion? i did see an episode of the big question a few weeks ago where a couple of the young brothers were defending their right to practise it as such, what is the force you talk of? please dont take offence if i seem like an idiot, as i find it wonderfully strange that you use the terms of the film to greet me, :grin: i would like to know more of what you think, but i am not sure if it is wise to converse about such things as there are a few to whom the meer mention of god, "certainly my own god" brings with it a lot of complicating issues that i dont understand and i am aware that my thoughts are not their thoughts and i dont wish to cause offence to them, anyway yoda, may the force also be with you. peace love and understanding, wellcome :shake:
if you wish to create a favourable History, then you have to start now.
enegiss

Postby yoda » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:57 pm

your god is your force that is where you draw your energy from . we all have a belief system that we draw from . this is generally known as the force . once you understand that you create the force you then understand that you are the force ! that is the point you realise that everything around you is created by your thoughts and that you are only here now because you want to be . hope to hear back from you as the force is strong in you . may the force be with you

yoda
yoda

Postby enegiss » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:03 am

hi yoda, yes you are right, the force is truly strong, where ever it is manifest, and what ever form it is manifest in, brave new world?, well, we shall see. did you read huxley, quite an interesting story, try to read, as an example of philosophy, THE
DEVELOPMENT OF
METAPHYSICS
IN
P E R S I A
A CONTRIBUTION TO THE HISTORY
OF
MUSLIM PHILOSOPHY
BY
MUHAMMAD IQBAL it is a very interesting read, may the force be with you, and no ime not trying to convert you(in case anybody jumps on me) ime showing yoda my force within me, then when you have read through it, let me know what you think and i will have a good read of your thoughts because you intrigue me :grin: and the force sounds fun to read with a backdrop of something in the way of strength and integrity, ime sure you wont regret the read, dont know how to link stuff, soz, it downloads as a pdf so you can browse at leisure, but feel free to not comment or read, i dont mind, as a reply isnt nessecary, but i would still like to look at what you do with a link or something, peace unto you yoda
enegiss

Postby yoda » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:03 pm

i also note that at the end of your posts it says "in god we trust " should it not read in god I trust as only you can make your choice as i trust in the force but would never presume to make other peoples choices !

may the force be with you

yoda
yoda

Postby gepisar » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:29 am

may God be with you Yoda! :wink:
Poor is the man whose pleasures depend upon the permission of another.
"Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value - Zero" - Voltaire 1729
gepisar

Postby enegiss » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:05 pm

hi yoda, it does say "in god we trust" as i have declared my belief in god with others, then i find it appropriate that we trust in god, obviously not yourself, as you have a force? whatever that may be, did you read the article i suggested or are you just pointing out what i wrote as my quote? peace, and may the love of my god descend upon you, irrespective of your differing belief, gepisar, may my god open your eyes to the truth of this world and save your soul from damnation :wink: yknow what i mean
enegiss

Postby gepisar » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:09 pm

enegiss wrote:hi yoda, it does say "in god we trust" as i have declared my belief in god with others, then i find it appropriate that we trust in god, obviously not yourself, as you have a force? whatever that may be, did you read the article i suggested or are you just pointing out what i wrote as my quote? peace, and may the love of my god descend upon you, irrespective of your differing belief, gepisar, may my god open your eyes to the truth of this world and save your soul from damnation :wink: yknow what i mean

Will you be praying for me...I have found truth, the truth is that there is no truth: truth requires context, context is conceptual, conceptual is consciousness, which is objective. I realise the paradox, but take that away and what are we left with? Existence. Nothing matters. Even that is a conceptual judgement, as so it doesnt matter either. In the end, at eternity, its all non-existence. In the meantime, its all about how much fun can you have, and I like sin. i do like sin!
gepisar

Postby Phil: C » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:49 pm

[quote="gepisar" i do like sin![/quote] :clap: Me too! Scary new avatar gepisar!
_______________________________________Phil: C
"There's no saviours hanging around" The Oyster Band
"We are normal and we want our freedom" The Bonzo Dog Band
Phil: C

Postby enegiss » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:25 pm

ahhh! my dear gepisar, a wild child of the free universe, you say you have found truth, yet it appears you have only found this "sin" you talk about, do you think this is the only existence that you will face? the paradox of truth does not exist, it is only conceptual, your finite mind cannot concieve of what my finite mind appears to concieve, there is only truth, the moveable is moved by the unmoveable, the universe is all there is for you it seems, but not for me, do you wish me to pray for you? :grin: there is no end only a beginning, do you wish for a new beginning or would you rather this? to flail in complete sin until your head burst from to much fun, are you waiting for death? or a new begining, you can always repent, and mend your sinful ways, or do you wish for this life, to never end? anyway, what is sin to you? ime interested, ive often wondered what other peoples sins are, am i too nosy gesipar :thinks: peace :wink:
enegiss

Postby gepisar » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:46 pm

enegiss wrote:ahhh! my dear gepisar, a wild child of the free universe, you say you have found truth, yet it appears you have only found this "sin" you talk about, do you think this is the only existence that you will face? the paradox of truth does not exist, it is only conceptual, your finite mind cannot concieve of what my finite mind appears to concieve, there is only truth, the moveable is moved by the unmoveable, the universe is all there is for you it seems, but not for me, do you wish me to pray for you? :grin: there is no end only a beginning, do you wish for a new beginning or would you rather this? to flail in complete sin until your head burst from to much fun, are you waiting for death? or a new begining, you can always repent, and mend your sinful ways, or do you wish for this life, to never end? anyway, what is sin to you? ime interested, ive often wondered what other peoples sins are, am i too nosy gesipar :thinks: peace :wink:

I like you!

I indulge myself from time to time. Its all about fun for me. Where can i find it, where can i bring it. I do things that bring pleasure, and then move on to something else that is fun.

But please note my forum signature!

A beginning is just that, after the initial, comes the middle bit, before the end. Unless its infinite, in which case, there cant be and end, nor a beginning for that matter.

What DOES matter to me, in my life, is what I can experience. (See,hear, feel, touch, etc...) beyond that, it may well exist, but outside of my sensory equipment, and therefore, unless it manifest in the REAL (touchy, feeling) it might as well not exist.

Whilst this philosophy is interesting, (and quantum physics and all that is paradoxical at the limits of our measurement) nature is still nature and works without requiring our descriptions.

Therefore, surely the quest is to find that which makes us feel good. Which it seems to me, is the main motivator behind most of human behaviour.

eg... "I want a ferrari"..
Why..
"Cos i know I will have achieved....and that will MAKE me FEEL good!"

Power = feeling
Security=feeling
Love=feeling

etc...

However, i do have a direct question: A lot of people talk about spirituality. How can I experience that?
gepisar

PreviousNext

Return to Soul & Spirit only