A Range of Law Dictionaries

Re: A Range of Law Dictionaries

Postby macswin » Fri May 29, 2009 4:41 pm

I Think there is very little consensus on what dictionary and edition is actually used in a British court. Strouds Judicial seems to be the most likely one for England but it is an old edition as it contains within it the 1889 interpretation act. But I am not a lawyer and do not know.

you do not need all of them but i think freedom of choice is essential and the selection of them is to provide the ability to cross reference. If you only take something from one source then your understanding is limited because of that.

I have only posted 13 dictionaries but in my collection i have some 30 odd law dictionaries. Etymological dictionaries can also be useful, so if you wish any please let me know and i will post them.

Thank you for your inquiry, and i hope anything you download may help you. And if there is any other research material you might need please don't hesitate in contacting me.
macswin

Postby kevin » Fri May 29, 2009 5:02 pm

This is Veronica's point, when someone writes to you, you can't be expected to check over 30 law dictionaries to try to find out what they mean, what if two dictionaries have different definitions for the same word? it's just a game they play, they will probably bring another one out soon.
kevin

Postby macswin » Fri May 29, 2009 6:11 pm

I think the point is that I'm not telling you to read all these law dictionaries. But when you require information you have to go to some source to find the necessary data. I, personally like to have the resources on hand in book form and not just rely on wikipedia (even if it is useful). Using different sources is an excellent way to refute an argument or strengthen your own, which is why most academics and writers do this, so why should it be different for the common man.

Now i don't know what written correspondence you talk of, but to be able to argue in a logical and intelligent manner gives weight to your argument and if you can cite the sources that back up your argument you will be taken more seriously. To research anything requires time and effort and i suppose that is a personal sacrifice of your choice. But beware of people who do not cite their sources because it usually means they have just regurgitated someone else's opinions and packaged it as their own work.

I must apologise if my posting of these works has caused offence, this was not my intention. But i still hold that ignorance must be dispelled in order to liberate yourself.
macswin

Postby kevin » Fri May 29, 2009 6:36 pm

No offence has been taken :sun: some may find them useful, :peace:

It's just that some of us here think it's easy to get sucked into playing their game when we should be playing ours, if you want to argue your case in court then you will need law dictionaries, our intention is to never get there :8-):
kevin

Postby macswin » Fri May 29, 2009 6:49 pm

Thank you kevin for your kind response.

I put these dictionaries in this sub-forum because i thought it was what people were asking for.

Your intention is very honourable and I hope you succeed in your endeavours.

Good luck
macswin

Postby jobsaboba » Sat May 30, 2009 6:09 am

All of the letters in all of the words
In all of the books all over the world
They’re nothing but sounds and vowels and nouns
For talking to strangers, that’s all theyre worth

Words are unable to speak of love
like a smile in a whisper does
Words are unable to speak of love
like a smile in a whisper does

Fairground Attraction:

Regards

Jobs
I am not wise......I am otherwise !

its not my banking system... and i dont take credit for it !!
jobsaboba

Postby Veronica » Sat May 30, 2009 8:03 am

Thanks, Jobs. Nail on head as ever.

No doubt these links were posted with good intent. It's just that the intent was based on a fallacy. And they do nothing more than distract from root causes. As in precisely which part, of which law Dictionary, solves this e-mail I received yesterday (which is typical of those I now receive):

Hello Veronica,

I'm sorry it is in this circumstance and something that's of my own making has led me to seek help.

I will try to be as brief as possible.

After my mother was killed in a road traffic accident i suffered a breakdown and began receiving benefits. Some time after this my £20,000 share of the inheritance was wired to an account set up for this with the help of my sister. Last year i was called to attend an interview concerning benefit fraud. I freely consented to the interview but i was under the influence of benzodiazapines when i admitted what they claimed i had done on tape. I have now had an invitation to attend a magistrate court on the 10th of July (delivered by unrecorded post) for an offence under section 111A(A) of the social security administration act 1992... in order for them to fleece me of more money i don't have. Oh, my benefits were stopped and i was forced to spend my inheritance.

So, i'm now aware of the freeman movement and this on top of all of the latest revelations about MP's has me has me in a very awkward situation. Do i carry on in abject poverty while the ruling class laughs all the way to the bank and at the same time my father who went from severe depression to vascular dementia has all of his saving bribed from him for people to be paid £15 an hour to make him tea.

I awoke from a dream today where i was homeless and pushing a shopping trolly down the street with what is left of my possessions falling from it into the street... I stop and say to myself "that's it, i have had enough !" and i lay down to die. I wake up crying uncontrollably. My mums gone my dads gone my wife left me, i don't actually have anyone to live for anymore. I'm sorry to say but i now have no doubt that i must live free or die. I hate to sound so dramatic but at the same time i found the freeman info i managed to get a copy of The Peaceful Pill Handbook. I tried to talk to the Samaritans but they refused to talk to me because i was recording the phone call in case they were to do anything against my consent. If i thought they could do as they wished with me before if i were to tell them i am suffering from mental health issues i stand the risk of losing all of my rights.

Ok, Veronica.... i am perfectly aware that this is a huge liberty i have taken on my part to burden you with this info and i must tell you that i am fully prepared for you to tell me so and either reply telling me not to contact you again or simply ignore this email.

If on the other hand you might have some words that i might find useful in dealing with my court appearance (or maybe non appearance ?) i would be truly grateful.

Anyway, i was hoping to make a donation as i have already found some great ideas on the website. No need to create a fuss just a simple donate button for those who wish to do so.

Love n light

Feel free to take this case on, if you think burrowing through Law Dictionaries is going to help. I have been accused of making a condescending reply. That was only after my first reply was not accepted. Sure - if pushed and argued with - I'll eventually return a condescending reply. After all, this situation has all been fully written up in my book, and there is an Announcement posted.

macswin wrote:I Think there is very little consensus on what dictionary and edition is actually used in a British court.

Precisely.

And further checking on this Board (and in my book) reveals the fact that, when asked, the Law Society could not say which Law Dictionary was in use in Courts. Hence my remark about the Black's Hole.
Freedom's just another word for: "Nothing left to lose" (Janis Joplin)
"There is no path to peace, peace IS the path" (Mahatma Ghandi)
"There is no path to freedom, freedom IS the path" (Veronica Chapman)
Veronica
Founder
Founder

Postby jobsaboba » Sat May 30, 2009 9:14 am

Hello Veronica,

I'm sorry it is in this circumstance and something that's of my own making has led me to seek help.

After my mother was killed in a road traffic accident i suffered a breakdown and began receiving benefits. Some time after this my £20,000 share of the inheritance was wired to an account set up for this with the help of my sister. Last year i was called to attend an interview concerning benefit fraud. I freely consented to the interview but i was under the influence of benzodiazapines when i admitted what they claimed i had done on tape. I have now had an invitation to attend a magistrate court on the 10th of July (delivered by unrecorded post) for an offence under section 111A(A) of the social security administration act 1992... in order for them to fleece me of more money i don't have. Oh, my benefits were stopped and i was forced to spend my inheritance.

So, i'm now aware of the freeman movement and this on top of all of the latest revelations about MP's has me has me in a very awkward situation. Do i carry on in abject poverty while the ruling class laughs all the way to the bank and at the same time my father who went from severe depression to vascular dementia has all of his saving bribed from him for people to be paid £15 an hour to make him tea.

I awoke from a dream today where i was homeless and pushing a shopping trolly down the street with what is left of my possessions falling from it into the street... I stop and say to myself "that's it, i have had enough !" and i lay down to die. I wake up crying uncontrollably. My mums gone my dads gone my wife left me, i don't actually have anyone to live for anymore. I'm sorry to say but i now have no doubt that i must live free or die. I hate to sound so dramatic but at the same time i found the freeman info i managed to get a copy of The Peaceful Pill Handbook. I tried to talk to the Samaritans but they refused to talk to me because i was recording the phone call in case they were to do anything against my consent. If i thought they could do as they wished with me before if i were to tell them i am suffering from mental health issues i stand the risk of losing all of my rights.

Ok, Veronica.... i am perfectly aware that this is a huge liberty i have taken on my part to burden you with this info and i must tell you that i am fully prepared for you to tell me so and either reply telling me not to contact you again or simply ignore this email.

If on the other hand you might have some words that i might find useful in dealing with my court appearance (or maybe non appearance ?) i would be truly grateful.

Anyway, i was hoping to make a donation as i have already found some great ideas on the website. No need to create a fuss just a simple donate button for those who wish to do so.

Love n light

With Regard to the above,

I usually find that those who have suffered the most , usually have the softest hearts and the clearest vision.

They are also usually the first to step in and help anyone in a less fortunate position than them.

This illusionary world we live in at the moment causes the heart to harden moment by moment, it has been designed that way by the powers that be.

Most people are walking around with eyes closed and true feelings lost.

We all suffer loss at some point and it comes in many forms......

But remember this.

When your heart breaks you FEEL it.... your feelings are real.

When you cry it washes your eyes .... you can see clearer.

If you find yourself helping everyone else and no-one seems to help you,, then you are one of the lucky ones who can see now !!

better to walk around in pain and know why.... than to walk around in pain and not know why.

As suffering increases day by day in the world, more are waking up.

Dont give up your already there :love:

jOBS

jobsaboba

Postby macswin » Sat May 30, 2009 12:49 pm

As I have said before I posted these books in the sub-forum LEGAL WORDS AND THEIR MEANINGS. A forum you created. Is then the fallacy yours and not mine? I must admit I am very confused at your antagonism towards my post, as from your intent of creating the sub-forum it can be assumed you wanted this type of information, or am I wrong (which I am quite happy to be). If then, based on your reasoning, such information distracts from the root causes then this must have been your intent also and not mine. I guess the logical conclusion to this would then be to close this sub-forum.

As to your other remark quoted below

I have been accused of making a condescending reply. That was only after my first reply was not accepted. Sure - if pushed and argued with - I'll eventually return a condescending reply

I`m afraid your first condescending reply came straight after my uncontentious posting of the books, it was as follows:

Law Dictionaries are full of Legalese, which is a deception.

They are for those who like chasing their own tails, going round in ever-decreasing circles, getting nowhere fast.

Many may feel this is not condescending, but when somebody posts something in a forum designed for the very topic of legal words and their meanings, created by the creator of the forum and then subsequently deals with people in a patronizingly superior manner. This is the very definition of condescending.

Now I am a great fan of the freeman movement and my intent was to help in the way in which i can, and that is to provide information. I have also posted various books on common law and the British constitution here and have a lot more books at my disposal to share (which I am quite happy to) but if this information is to be derided by Veronica's views then i will respectfully not post any more information here, but can if you wish it can be found at TPUC.org.

As to your posting of this poor ladies situation

Hello Veronica,

As I have said before that I am not a lawyer and can not give legal advice, as you say you cannot either. So it would be remiss of me to give advice on anyone's particular circumstances. However what I would say is to read and understand the statute under which this lady is being prosecuted. I believe the relevant section is

111 Delay, obstruction etc. of inspector

(1) If a person—

(a) intentionally delays or obstructs an inspector in the exercise of any power under this Act; or

(b) refuses or neglects to answer any question or to furnish any information or to produce any document when required to do so under this Act,

he shall be guilty of an offence and liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding level 3 on the standard scale.

(2) Where a person is convicted of an offence under subsection (1)(b) above and the refusal or neglect is continued by him after his conviction, he shall be guilty of a further offence and liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding £40 for each day on which it is continued.

I think the key to this offence is intention which we can for arguments sake say is "a determination to act in a certain way or to do a certain thing"

Now if the lady was under the influence of benzodiazapines the side effects of this are as follows (sorry it is from wikipedia)

Common side effects which may occur from use of benzodiazepines include drowsiness, dizziness, upset stomach, blurred vision, hangover effect (grogginess), headache, impaired alertness, confusion, falls or ataxia (particularly in the elderly), depression, impaired coordination, changes in heart rate, weakness. Less common side effects include euphoria, hypotension, amnesia, dissociation or depersonalisation, dreaming or nightmares, chest pain, paradoxical reactions, vision changes and very rarely jaundice... Benzodiazepines impair driving skills and increase the risk of road traffic accidents.

If under the influence of benzodiazapines some event occurred which the inspector construed as an intentional obstruction or delay, then it seems this lady might find it helpful to go down this avenue of thought, but remember this is not legal advice. My real advice would be to read the statute itself, with the aid of a dictionary and look for a remedy.

As a side note Veronica i was going to provide some constructive criticism to your "book" but after reading comments by you regarding Zaniwhoop`s very interesting and constructive criticism, you do seem to react rather irrationally to anyone who disagrees with you. So until I'm cleansed from this forum (as I'm sure i will be) i believe a balancing counterpoint to some of your rather sweeping statements is necessary, as it is not a free democracy if there is no opposition.

Finally I must thank you so much Veronica for providing this forum, as it has been a while since i have entered into a debate (not an argument) it is immensely enjoyable

With respect
macswin

Postby jobsaboba » Sat May 30, 2009 1:51 pm

Finally I must thank you so much Veronica for providing this forum, as it has been a while since i have entered into a debate (not an argument) it is immensely enjoyable

There is a difference between seeing the path and walking the path......

There are always those that will play with the truth, twiddle it round, offer a viewpoint, they dont really believe,in fact anything to get some attention........ But heres the deal, they keep talking and.... the more they do....the more it becomes apparent...their standpoint, has nothing to do with the welfare of others.....

Its the "im so good because i help people" syndrome (EGO)....

If you help people, you dont need a badge......you do it coz its FUCKIN right .........

End of story !

Jobs

jobsaboba

PreviousNext

Return to Legal words and their meanings