How do I apply for Information under FOI Act?

How do I apply for Information under FOI Act?

Postby Leeds » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:04 pm

I have been fighting my bank for 5 years in court as a self litigant.

we are fighting now over how serious they have harassed me and what calls constitute harassment. they say that just a small percentage constitute harassment. I say that they have hidden or deleted a lot of calls. I kept my own records. i believe that this is what has made my case strong.

they have clung onto data despite many formal requests and much reluctance to disclose the data requested.

they have misued the data available to them to commit harassment of myself and my family. they have refused us all access to proper data and quoted the data act as a way to withold the records requested.

I believe that the FOI Act is stronger than the DPA.

I want to apply for my phone logs showing how many times they have called me. they have provided me with three different (conflicting) logs and the lists are still incomplete.

I have seven weeks before I am back in court again.

how do I apply under the Freedom of Information Act for the bank to release the records?
Leeds

Re: How do I apply for Information under FOI Act?

Postby holy vehm » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:35 pm

Normally i just put at the top, A request for information under freedom of information act.
Then a simple statement/question/list of info i require.

It would seem you have already done this, so i would report the matter to the information commissioner and the data protection agency.

Failing that, you can easilt demonstrate that you have attempted to gain the required info while the bank have done all they can to avoid supplying you, you can show honest intentions while the bank cant, let the bank hang themselves.
"A ruler who violates the law is illegitimate. He has no right to be obeyed. His commands are mere force and coercion. Rulers who act lawlessly, whose laws are unlawful, are mere criminals".
holy vehm

Location: http://www.fmotl.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=9142

Postby woodman » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:15 pm

I believe the FOI act only applies to the disclosure of information held by public authorities, or by persons providing services for them, rather than private companies, such as banks.

The Data Protection Act would apply to a bank though, they cannot withold YOUR data, as it belongs to you in my opinion.

:peace:
‘Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, no one but ourselves can free our minds’- Robert Nesta Marley (1945 - 1981)

‘All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing’ - Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)
woodman
Administrator
Administrator

Postby singist » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:38 am

singist

Return to Freedom of Information only