How can i be free

How can i be free

Postby hermajestythequeen » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:10 pm

How can i be free ?

Do you have to become a member of society ?

I'm sure most people on this site realize we are not free, but i would guess most of the population of this country think we are.

It seems the FOI House Of Commons do not want to answer the question.

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/how_can_i_be_free#incoming-73908
hermajestythequeen
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:21 pm

Re: How can i be free

Postby greg » Wed May 12, 2010 7:02 pm

Ho ho ho, how I loved this request :)

I've read through this Farce, I mean Act a few times and I find it pretty disconcerting. Allow me to share with you my understanding. Assuming that slavery or servitude involves compulsory labour (even if it's just signing on and not working more than 16 hours a week so your dole doesn't get cut):

Article 4

Prohibition of slavery and forced labour

1 No one shall be held in slavery or servitude.
2 No one shall be required to perform forced or compulsory labour.
3 For the purpose of this Article the term “forced or compulsory labour” shall not include:
(a) any work required to be done in the ordinary course of detention imposed according to the provisions of Article 5 of this Convention or during conditional release from such detention;
(b) any service of a military character or, in case of conscientious objectors in countries where they are recognised, service exacted instead of compulsory military service;
(c) any service exacted in case of an emergency or calamity threatening the life or well-being of the community;
(d) any work or service which forms part of normal civic obligations.

I read this as " no one shall be required to perform forced or compulsory labour..... unless they are a Citizen"

Now, as we (English and Welsh) can't hold allodial title, we will always need money to retain land, as in the event of our karking it, any offspring will be landed with a massive inheritance tax. The only 'legal tender' is the stuff the BoE print off on their smaching Hewlett Packard printers, which we can only acquire through labour. So if you're a Citizen, at some point, even if it's only to retain the family land, you're going to have to labour against your will for the Baron or Lord of the Land.

The Feudal system is alive and well. My leasehold says that the Lord of Sefton is the Freeholder. Now the Council have hit me with a bill for the Leasehold. I'm currently trying to find out how they got their grubby mitts on it.

Greg
greg
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:36 pm

Re: How can i be free

Postby treeman » Wed May 12, 2010 7:50 pm

hermajestythequeen wrote:How can i be free ?

Do you have to become a member of society ?

I'm sure most people on this site realize we are not free, but i would guess most of the population of this country think we are.


I just think free, and talk free and to a great extent AM free. Only because I say IT. Nobody roars about individual understanding of ones SELF. I am what I say I am, not what they, expect ME to be. :shake: :peace:
I'll make no subscription to their paradise.

All Rights Reserved - Without Prejudice - Without Recourse - Non-Assumpsit
Errors & Omissions Excepted
User avatar
treeman
 
Posts: 2821
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:33 pm
Location: On the Land

Re: How can i be free

Postby Jim » Wed May 12, 2010 8:35 pm

greg wrote:the term “forced or compulsory labour” shall not include:
(a) any work required to be done in the ordinary course of detention imposed according to the provisions of Article 5 of this Convention or during conditional release from such detention;
(b) any service of a military character or, in case of conscientious objectors in countries where they are recognised, service exacted instead of compulsory military service;
(c) any service exacted in case of an emergency or calamity threatening the life or well-being of the community;
(d) any work or service which forms part of normal civic obligations.

I guess it boils down to whether you agree that funding (or otherwise being complicit in) the waging of an illegal war of aggression satisfies the definition of "normal civic obligations"

:peace:

J
All rights reserved, all wrongs reversed.
User avatar
Jim
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 499
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:03 pm
Location: Sitting on the sofa in my living room

Re: How can i be free

Postby Veronica » Wed May 12, 2010 9:06 pm

RemInds me of B Liar's Human Rights Act, which says - effectively - "IT IS YOUR RIGHT TO DO ANYTHING THAT WE HAVEN'T (YET) MADE ILLEGAL (just give us time ... we're working on it)".

Or Cameron's so-called "contract", which says "You can vote us out in 5 years time if you don't like us)
Freedom's just another word for: "Nothing left to lose" (Janis Joplin)
"There is no path to peace, peace IS the path" (Mahatma Ghandi)
"There is no path to freedom, freedom IS the path" (Veronica Chapman)
User avatar
Veronica
Founder
Founder
 
Posts: 4537
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:28 pm
Location: Feltham, Sovereign Republic of England

Re: How can i be free

Postby greg » Wed May 12, 2010 10:03 pm

Jim, why don't you just shut up and fulfill your normal civic obligations like a good serf? :grin:

And V, yes, that's why so many of the recent cabinet members have formerly been lawyers, so they can screw us over! Unlike John Prescott who was just there to keep us stupid northerners believing that you don't need to go to a top private school to run the country - when of course you do hence why he was only ever the deputy PM. And we all know what a joke deputy PMs are:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8678196.stm
greg
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:36 pm

Re: How can i be free

Postby hermajestythequeen » Sat May 15, 2010 6:33 am

treeman wrote:
hermajestythequeen wrote:How can i be free ?

Do you have to become a member of society ?

I'm sure most people on this site realize we are not free, but i would guess most of the population of this country think we are.


I just think free, and talk free and to a great extent AM free. Only because I say IT. Nobody roars about individual understanding of ones SELF. I am what I say I am, not what they, expect ME to be. :shake: :peace:



Hey Treeman,
My mind is free as a bird, but i'm talking external freedom.
Until i can be free to do exactly what i want, whilst adhering to common law or common sense, then i'm not free at all.
Thats why i'm here my friend.
hermajestythequeen
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:21 pm

Re: How can i be free

Postby holy vehm » Sat May 15, 2010 1:54 pm

They can chain me to a wall but i will always be free to dream
and in my dreams im as free as the wind
and one day my dreams shall become reality
then i shall walk the earth a freeman
"A ruler who violates the law is illegitimate. He has no right to be obeyed. His commands are mere force and coercion. Rulers who act lawlessly, whose laws are unlawful, are mere criminals".
User avatar
holy vehm
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 3077
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:17 pm
Location: http://www.fmotl.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=9142

Re: How can i be free

Postby makeithappen » Sat May 15, 2010 6:27 pm

Can we asked the reverse of this question?
makeithappen
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:33 pm

Re: How can i be free

Postby treeman » Sat May 15, 2010 7:44 pm

hermajestythequeen wrote:

Hey Treeman,
My mind is free as a bird, but i'm talking external freedom.
Until i can be free to do exactly what i want, whilst adhering to common law or common sense, then i'm not free at all.
Thats why i'm here my friend.


100% with you on that my friend. :shake: :peace:
I'll make no subscription to their paradise.

All Rights Reserved - Without Prejudice - Without Recourse - Non-Assumpsit
Errors & Omissions Excepted
User avatar
treeman
 
Posts: 2821
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:33 pm
Location: On the Land


Return to Freedom of Information only

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests