FOI - Judges names and court area

Re: FOI - Judges names and court area

Postby huntingross » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:30 pm

How about

"Then pass it to someone that can, I will not release you or your superiors from your obligation to respond"
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby Jim » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:10 pm

^Nice :clap:

Perhaps Miss Lue-Taim feels that the requested information is exempt under section 31, subsection 2(c) of the FOI Act 2000 because "its disclosure ... would... prejudice the administration of justice"?
All rights reserved, all wrongs reversed.
Jim

Postby IamallthatIam » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:47 pm

funny - seems to be the only response she knows

lookie here http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/are_magistrates_entitled_to_deny#incoming-48024
Invito beneficium non datur - A benefit is not conferred upon one against his consent.
I DO NOT offer legal advice
- "I just say what I say because everyone is entitled to my opinion!" -

- Saffi Elder (Aged 7)-
IamallthatIam

Postby Farmer » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:53 pm

I have replied with the following today:

Dear Miss Angela Lue-Taim,

If you are unable to assist with such simple questions, why are you dealing with my request?

If the request has been sent to the wrong department, kindly either pass it to the correct department or to someone that can help me as is required.

Yours sincerely,

John Smith
If you're scared of 'them' poisoning 'us' with some shit then maybe you haven't noticed the shit they are already poisoning us with.
- prajna - fmotl.co.uk forum 2011
Farmer

Postby Farmerboy » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:23 pm

You know, there is a danger that we could upset the apple cart and get them to change the rules if we feck about too much.

Otherwise, go to a court and just sit at the back and watch. They'll let you in and you don't have to give any name. Just turn up and walk in.

FB
And the Emperor said "Throw the pedants to the lions!” And the pedants replied “Which kind of lions? There’s two types, you know…”
Farmerboy

Postby Farmer » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:37 pm

Farmerboy wrote:You know, there is a danger that we could upset the apple cart and get them to change the rules if we feck about too much.

Actually, I think that is going to happen anyway as they discover that people are going to create proceedures thay they will not be able to go against from the replies that they get from these requests.

What I want to know is why they do not want to tell me what is quite easy to discover. It makes me think that they know it will restrict the courts to obeying the rules.
If you're scared of 'them' poisoning 'us' with some shit then maybe you haven't noticed the shit they are already poisoning us with.
Farmer

Postby Farmer » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:42 pm

As the time limit had passed I requested an internal review. Below is the reply. Amazing how their own laws do not apply to them.

Dear Mr Smith

There is nothing further that I can add to the previous email that I sent to you.

Yours faithfully

Miss Angela Lue-Taim
Caseworker

Customer Services Division|Her Majesty's Court Service|Operations and Performance Directorate-Supporting our people, courts & processes

Customer Service Unit
1st Floor, Zone C
102 Petty France
London
SW1H 9AJ
Farmer

Postby MikeThomas » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:36 pm

Am I being stupid or something? Whats the problem? I mean it's no big secret is it? When I wanted to know who the Magistrate was I simply phoned the court and they told me. And they gave me the names of the court clerks to.

So, why is she being so obtuse?
We are the people our parents told us NOT TO PLAY WITH
MikeThomas

Postby Farmer » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:26 pm

I think the problem is with question 4.

4. In what area of a court room does one have to be to be in attendance whether before a judge or a magistrate?

Clearly the questions have nothing to do with a current court case as the first reply mentions. Its just a red herring not to answer the request.
Farmer

Postby jonboy » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:27 pm

They must have orders to say nothing! Look at Russell Meek's blindingly stupid response to my request here: http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/magistrates_court#comment-2367
"Reason is the life of the law; nay, the common law itself is nothing else but reason. The law which is perfection of reason" Sir Edward Coke 1552-1634.

NO ONE RULES IF NO ONE OBEYS.

It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.
jonboy

PreviousNext

Return to Freedom of Information only