The value of copyrighting your strawman title

Re: The value of copyrighting your strawman title

Postby BenOfEtc » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:37 pm

tayga wrote:I hope you don't mind me butting into this conversation but, as someone who has already copyrighted his strawman I have an interest.

Out of interest, how did you go about doing so?

tayga wrote:It's been suggested to me that my if my strawman was created by the State then I didn't make it and can't copyright it. Does anyone have any thoughts on this argument.

One of the most basic things about copyright is that (at least initially) to the person who created the thing. So you are correct that if you could copyright a name the copyright would be belong to the person who came up with the name.

I don't see what role the state had in creating your name. Surely that honour goes to whoever named you.
BenOfEtc

Postby tayga » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:46 pm

BenOfEtc wrote:
tayga wrote:I hope you don't mind me butting into this conversation but, as someone who has already copyrighted his strawman I have an interest.

Out of interest, how did you go about doing so?

tayga wrote:It's been suggested to me that my if my strawman was created by the State then I didn't make it and can't copyright it. Does anyone have any thoughts on this argument.

One of the most basic things about copyright is that (at least initially) to the person who created the thing. So you are correct that if you could copyright a name the copyright would be belong to the person who came up with the name.

I don't see what role the state had in creating your name. Surely that honour goes to whoever named you.

Hi, Ben. I did a common law copyright declaration on Facebook.

Regarding who created my strawman name; that's a tricky point, isn't it? My parents gave my given names and I inherited my family name but did they create the legal fiction or did the State when it issued my birth certificate? I'm not sure and this is why I raised the question.
tayga

Postby stevencbentley » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:55 pm

I have posted under successes a story about then name stylization and the consequences and realizations of refusing to identify to a constabulary who charged be with resisting and failure to observe conditions imposed by an official. It took two weeks to resolve the name issue. Having explored in various venues the name issue I will speak this way. The name as it appears really belongs to the creator of the instrument being proffered(a consideration being offered across the table to you) and whether or not you accept/decline/ignore/dispute depending on the nature of the contractual information born on the face of the document. So then a driver license is property of the issuing body and I will give an example. When stopped by a peace officer who stated that I was speeding in excess of the posted speed by 100 kilometers per hour which was possibly punishable by incarceration at this point and that if I didn't cooperate he would detain me and call a police officer. Incarceration really wouldn't have been a deterrent but as this was the second ticket I had received and the over-age on the limit would push my insurance rates up I resolved to action the ticket. Since I didn't have to sign for the ticket I couldn't protest it that way so I went to court on the matter. I arrived early and went into the court and met with the crown council on duty. I approached her and pointed to the name on the document and stated 'I am here to speak to this matter' pointing at the name. She read the name mentally reversed it's order and asked me if I was the name to which I replied that the had called a corporation into court. She didn't flinch and asked me of I owned the corporation and I said no where she immediately interjected and said 'You will have to speak to the judge about that'. Interesting start so I went and took a seat in the rear of the court. When the judge came in and the bailiff demanded all rise I stayed seated which was duly noted by the judge and the bailiffs. However they did not take any action. The court assited its officers and friends first and then went to traffic court and the clerk began to call out names without expecting anyone to answer. When I answered at the name that I was here to speak to the matter all heads turrned to me from past the rail. So I approached the bench to just out side of the rail and stopped and was queried by the clerk what my name was. I said I'm not sure I should be here at which point the judge very patiently and nicely asked me to step past the rail to the microphone. My mind reeling for the right words I asked if I stepped onto the good ship justice would the judge protect my constitutional rights(not really being aware of the difference between common law and admiralty court) She smiled and assured me she would and asked me to state my name. I stated that I was here to speak to the matter of the name. She immediately asked after mentally reading it and reversing it to normal order asked if it was my name. I responded that they had called a corporation into court and I could speak to the matter. Her response without batting an eye was Do you own the corporation? I replied No it was owned by province of issue. She then asked Then why are you here? I stated I was travelling along when I was given what was purported to be a violation ticket and when I accepted it I didn't recognize it as a financial instrument at which she fairly choked and rose and emphatically stated IT IS NOT AN INSTRUEMNT OF FINANCE. She shocked everyone but me at that point and seeing she had lost her honor I assumed control of the court. I stated I spoke to the crown in the way but this isn't really the crown. I was interupted by the judge who asked me if I wanted I could speak with the crown and that girl and at this point gesturing to a young lady who was in the public area of the court who was standing and waving her hand for me to recognize her will give the number for the crown.
Now this was quite an interesting experience but feeling somewhat charged by it all i turned back to the judge and I stated I would adjourn the matter for a month. She most readily accepted and a date was set. I didn't never respond to the number or the court again after and nothing transpired in every day events but I did notice the provincial strawman was debited accordingly. I took the matter to Ottawa and some details are in the post under successes.
stevencbentley

Previous

Return to The Person (legal fiction)