Belief

Belief

Postby musashi » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:08 am

Belief may be described as perpetual hope in the face of relentless doubt.
The perfect barrier to understanding!
Musashi
It's still fucked, isn't it?
musashi

Re: Belief

Postby pitano1 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:21 am

or a padded cell.?
for the psyche.

the system has beliefs in abundance,but tell
the truth?
:shake:
If the machine of government is of such a nature that it requires you to be the agent of injustice to another, then, I say, break the law.
Henry David Thoreau
ALL UNALIENABLE RIGHTS RESERVED -AB INITIO - Without Recourse - Non-Assumpsit
pitano1

Postby Prajna » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:02 am

Oooh, oooh, you pressed one of me buttons, Musashi. I explain beliefs thus (and I believe, if you examine it for yourself, you will find it to be correct): 'I believe' means "I was looking for the truth and at some point in that process I stopped seeking the truth, accepting a belief (an idea or concept) in place of the real thing.

Belief is encouraged by the 'system' because belief is necessary for it even to exist: believe we are working for your good, believe that everything would be chaos if we didn't have a system in place to protect you, etc. And, of course, if you can be made to believe something rather than to seek the truth for yourself then you can be manoeuvred into believing anything.

Fuck all the 'politically correct' "You have to respect someone's beliefs" - use it against them if you like, because it is an Achilles Heel, it means they are required to respect your beliefs - reject anyone who is trying to impose beliefs (like 'the justice system', 'democracy', fuck, nearly everything incorporated in the 'belief' called 'society').

I could go into it in much more detail (and perhaps I will at some point in the future) but meanwhile just be warned.

Namaste,
Prajna
FREEDOM Best Before: 11 Sept 2001
http://tomboy-pink.co.uk/ and http://DeclarePeace.org.uk/
Prajna

Postby musashi » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:52 pm

Ah, little ol' button-pusher me!

As law is a substitute for justice, so belief is a substitute for knowledge.
We 'believe' when we have no knowledge. When we have knowledge we do do not 'believe' - we know!

Belief may be described as a necessary first step on the road to understanding. That is, if we do not accept the possibility of something 'other' then we will not walk the path.
Acceptance without knowledge is faith and the beginning of belief; and though belief may be the vehicle which takes us onward for a while, we should be mindful that the vehicle is not the journey - nor is it our destination. Possession of the vehicle alone is insufficient, and the outward trappings of belief are no more than fossil indicators of faith.
If you wish to walk the path then be ready to abandon faith, abjure belief, and to face what may happen to you.

Even the best of disciples operate the vehicle - they just avoid attachment to it. This is necessarily so because, apparently, there are no rewards along the way. Enlightenment is a sudden bolt to the Heart.
Musashi
It's still fucked, isn't it?
musashi

Return to Empowering thoughts