Refusing to pay water bill due to fluoride, help needed.

Refusing to pay water bill due to fluoride, help needed.

Postby edward » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:50 pm

Hi All

I'm refusing to pay my water bill to Severn Trent Water due to them poisoning me with fluoride. I've now got 12 days or they are threatening court action. I'm not going to pay them until they stop fluoridating me. While I understand the basics of the freeman, I'm a totally confused with where and how to start responding to these threats and feel a bit out of my depth. I have written to them recently about the fluoride and they just sent pages of what's in my water and how they are "sorry they are that I feel this way" and then trying to tell me how wonderful it is.

Their latest letter is a "Notice of Court Action", do I reply to this letter refusing to contract with their notice, asking for proof of a contract between me and asking for proof of me consenting them to put fluoride in my water?

I'm hoping that one of you kind people can help me out or point me in the right direction.

Edward
edward

Re: Refusing to pay water bill due to fluoride, help needed.

Postby greg » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:16 pm

Do you have a contract with them? If so, what are the terms?
greg

Postby edward » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:23 pm

No written contract, I rang them up over the phone last October to change the name over from my late mothers to mine. House is on a water meter.
edward

Postby greg » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:43 pm

My point is that you should have a contract. Presumably in this contract it would state that they supply you with clean water which is good to drink. It sounds as though you don't have a proper contract as you have signed nothing. But then I'm not an expert on how a corrupt judge in the pocket of big companies would interpret this.

If you're serious about this then you need to take the water company to court rather than them taking you to court. That way you're the plaintiff and not the defendent.
greg

Postby edward » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:00 pm

Nope I've never signed anything with Severn Trent Water. I am serious about this issue and have been in contact and met up with someone who runs a local group against fluoridation and looking to get involve in what they do, but they are aiming towards petitioning the local council rather than action against the water company. Taking them to court would be a big thing for me as I've never done anything like that before. It looks like the best way of starting is by writing to them to provide proof that a contract exists between me and them.

Thanks for your thoughts Greg, I appreciate it.
edward

Postby greg » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:34 pm

Well that sounds like fun. Big companies are highly compartmentalised, so it's likely whoever you write to will be a customer service shit-muncher on 14k a year with no idea about contract law who is under the assumption that Severn can do whatever they like. Possibly they may proceed in your absence in a Mag's court (Magistrates also are not trained in the law haha) who are essentially rubber stampers.

This is why I mentioned taking them to a proper court where you can be heard and submit evidence. You could also call expert witnesses too.

Have a scout around for the law which pertains to drinking water quality and the best of luck.

Seems like the fluoride isn't working too well on this one, we'd better up the levels! :police:
greg

Postby kevin » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:39 pm

edward wrote:Nope I've never signed anything with Severn Trent Water.

If you do not have a contract then you are under no obligation to pay them anything.
kevin

Postby edward » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:04 pm

kevin wrote:

If you do not have a contract then you are under no obligation to pay them anything.

Yeah that's what I think too. I have written a letter asking to provide proof of a contract between us and proof that I have consented to them fluoridating my water. I have also written a letter to the CE of Severn Trent which was sent a week ago.

I'll update this thread with any replies that I receive.
edward

Postby treeman » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:27 pm

http://http.npwa.org.uk/

Might assist in your fight.
I'll make no subscription to their paradise.

All Rights Reserved - Without Prejudice - Without Recourse - Non-Assumpsit
Errors & Omissions Excepted
treeman

Postby greg » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:32 pm

kevin wrote:

I agree. My concern was would a Magistrate with no legal training and a pay off agree?

I think asking them to produce the contract is the way forward. Contracts make the law.
greg

Next

Return to Utility Bills