Case: Veronica's Electricity Bill

Re: Case: Veronica's Electricity Bill

Postby fries&brimstone » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:00 pm

A follow-up to the above post:

Here's the body of the letter I'm about to send to aforementioned chancers/dca:

====================================================

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for you recent correspondence.

Firstly, I have to state that I have never heard of yourselves. To the very best of my knowledge, no contract exists between us, which leads me to wonder why you have written. If such a contract does indeed exist I would be obliged if you would furnish me with a copy of said contract, signed by both parties.

As to the proposed court action, please be informed that I have written to HSBC (21/06/08 recorded delivery) stating my sincere commitment to seek and provide remedy where appropriate. As the only business of a court is to adjudicate on controversy, and controversy cannot, in law, exist where remedy has been offered, it strikes me that such action would be a waste of court time. But that is your decision.

If you wish to respond to this letter I request that you do so in writing within 10 days, after which I shall consider the matter closed.

Yours faithfully,

(me).

WITHOUT PREJUDICE

==========================================

Seem pretty watertight?

I also intend to write again to HSBC/Visa reiterating my willingness to seek remedy, to provide the maximum ammunition/protection.

They'll not be getting a 'live' signature, either. I've taken to using printed signatures only for such people. After all, that's all they ever give me!

E.
fries&brimstone

Postby Veronica » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:35 pm

Hi Emmett,

You'll probably stymie this lot, and they'll sell it on. Or try. Each time they have to sell, they lose 'money' ... to the point where no-one will 'buy'. It's a bit like Musical Chairs.

I had one of those RED letters ... entirely RED, but with a little white box in the middle with my legal fiction name & address in it for the envelope window.

I was saying that sort of thing early last year with Thames: of the Water family viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4

... and it certainly caused consternation and confusion at the time. However they've tried (unsuccessfully thus far) to pick themselves up by their bootstraps recently. So I've upped the ante by 'going Human Being' and rejecting all forms of communication to my legal fiction person.

If any of these chancers were ever actually to take out a Summons, you'd have to fight on the legal fiction person level. Mind you, you've specified a reasonable time limit, so you are quite at liberty to stand on that. Please keep us posted.

I think you'll be OK (BUT DON'T QUOTE ME!). I think the legal fiction person route is much more of a solid wall.
Freedom's just another word for: "Nothing left to lose" (Janis Joplin)
"There is no path to peace, peace IS the path" (Mahatma Ghandi)
"There is no path to freedom, freedom IS the path" (Veronica Chapman)
Veronica
Founder
Founder

Postby huntingross » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:14 pm

This isn't exactly related, but you'll see some sort of connection (i hope)...

I received some shoddy work from a printer many years back, after much pushing i received acceptable work...followed by an outrageous bill.

I wrote a letter stating the facts and enclosed a cheque for a poultry sum and that encashment of the cheque was a full and final payment...

They cashed the cheque and came after me with an outstanding balance....referred back to the first letter and never heard another thing....
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby Veronica » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:41 pm

I think it is related.

I also vaguely recall doing something like that once, and same thing happened ... i.e. nothing ... and forgotten about.

I know, for a fact, that a lot of people are deducting 'amounts' from their Water Bills on the basis of charges for filtering & accessories. The Water Companies apply a bit of 'pressure' ... then give up. In 2005 B Liar's lot passed an Act indemnifying Water Companies against any actions they may lose in court. The tab is picked up by the Dept. of HEALTH! (Think about that!) (But that's water, and a special case)
Veronica
Founder
Founder

Postby geebee » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:14 pm

Well done everybody for trying to steal utilities.

Not having much luck?
geebee

Postby Veronica » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:36 pm

geebee wrote:Well done everybody for trying to steal utilities.

Not having much luck?

We aren't 'stealing anything. But you wouldn't know that, because you don't want to think.

Oh .. you think I'm stealing? Well, you can come and arrest me in May, then ... can't you!

(Maybe I should point out that, in an open, public, Forum, it's not a good idea to fling accusations like that around. Certainly not by someone who is ... at some point ... going to be expected to enforce 'the law'. have you ever hear of libel? Slander?)
Veronica
Founder
Founder

Postby geebee » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:42 pm

No, you can spend as much time as you like writing letters. Idle hands are the devil's plaything.
geebee

Postby Highspirit » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:45 pm

Yes, I think you could probably say the same about an idle brain.
Know Thyself
Highspirit

Postby Veronica » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:45 pm

geebee wrote:No, you can spend as much time as you like writing letters. Idle hands are the devil's plaything.

Well, thanks for your dispensation to enable me to do what I am freely able to do. I don't actually remember asking your permission. When did I do that?
Veronica
Founder
Founder

Postby geebee » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:46 pm

Veronica wrote:
geebee wrote:No, you can spend as much time as you like writing letters. Idle hands are the devil's plaything.

Well, thanks for your dispensation to enable me to do what I am freely able to do. I don't actually remember asking your permission. When did I do that?

Nope I didn't say "I give you permission to..."

You can spend as much time as you like writing letters, can't you?
geebee

PreviousNext

Return to Utility Bills