Case: Veronica's Electricity Bill

Re: Case: Veronica's Electricity Bill

Postby Veronica » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:39 pm

mOz wrote:You really seem to be enjoying this Veronica

Yes ... you could say that.

mOz wrote:What the hell would she reply to that?

I guess we'll find out as soon as I get time to print it & post it. I'm glad I didn't do it yesterday, because I've changed it to:

You think I am? Go ahead. Take me to Court. I’ll take on your hottest, shottest, Lawyer any time, any place, anywhere. No sweat. (Me? I’m the original Martini Girl! Give them my number: 999 … emergencies only)

(I always like to sit on these things for a day or so, in case I think of things to add)
Freedom's just another word for: "Nothing left to lose" (Janis Joplin)
"There is no path to peace, peace IS the path" (Mahatma Ghandi)
"There is no path to freedom, freedom IS the path" (Veronica Chapman)
Veronica
Founder
Founder

Postby Veronica » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:06 pm

I forget to update. The letter as shown above in this thread (to Elaine: of the Bett family) was posted last week.

Two strange things happened to day.

I was just going out (to post my NOUCOR), when the phone rang. A voice asked for Veronica Chapman. I said "Who are you?", and the voice said: "blah-blah from the Debt Credit Bureau". Dashing to get out, I said "No, she doesn't live here. Sorry. 'Bye" and hung up.

Hmmmmm.

This evening the phone rang. Another voice asked for me. I said: "Who are you?". The voice said "blah-blah from Southern Electric".

I said: "Oh, yes, and what do you want?"

The voice asked, yet again, for Veronica Chapman. I said "Speaking. Now what do you want?"

The voice said "As one of Southern Electricity's customers you are entitled to some blah-blah package with BT. Did you know that?"

I said: "No, and since I'm not in the slightest bit interested in 'packages', I don't give a shit. 'Bye" ... and hung up.

Hmmmmm. Curious though. I wonder if they think I'm stupid enough to fall into the trap of contracting with them, in some way or other?

What do you think?

Do you think they could be?

Do you think I'm that stupid?
Veronica
Founder
Founder

Postby mOz » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:15 pm

Hi ALL.
I think a healthy suspicion of entering (or being entered) into contracts with these corps is spot on, and i woud feel exactly the same.
definately!
I wouldn't trust 'em a jot, especially as they ALWAYS record phone calls.

Peace
mOz
They said "The world may end in 2012''
They said " The NWO has a depopulation agenda"
I said "Pigs may fly"
Then swine flu...........

mOz (July 2009)
mOz

Postby werone » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:32 am

Yup!

I go on the offensive right away! It catches them off guard because they normally deal with sheeple (sad but true).
I always get them to ID themselves straight away, and then I will take it from there by using some of Veronica's responses or my own.
Many don't realise just how much standing they give away in a basic telephone call.
e.g.

caller: Hi, is that JON DOE?

me: who's calling?

caller: it's fuckyoufinance, am I speaking to JON DOE?

me: what is the nature of your call to this number?

caller: this is a business call, am I speaking to JON DOE? etc, etc.

me: you have appeared to have called the wrong number, good day. (hang up phone).

Now think of the times many sheeple have been contacted and how much information and standing they have given away because these shit bag companies want to empty your wallet. Name, first line of address, postcode, date of birth.

If a stranger on the street asked you those details, would you give them? No, I am sure you would not! So ask yourself, why give them over the phone?

Peace!
werone

Postby Veronica » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:04 am

werone wrote:If a stranger on the street asked you those details, would you give them? No, I am sure you would not! So ask yourself, why give them over the phone?

While obviously I agree with you, in this last case I think you'll find that - in MOST cases - people actually WILL ... give a considerable amount of information to a complete stranger.

Think about this:

"Hello, I'm sorry to bother you, but - out of interest - do you own your own house?"

"Errr ... well ... yes I do, as a matter of fact"

"Can you tell me, do you have any problems in the winter time? Is your house warm all through the winter ... Mr ... err?"

"Doe, Mr. Doe. Well, actually some of our rooms are none too warm ... where we live we are none too protected from the elements"

" How do you mean"

"Well, we have a farm ..."

... and so on. How much information has this Double-Glazing Salesman extracted?
Veronica
Founder
Founder

Postby jonboy » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:20 am

a couple of nights ago:
man: " is this jon hallam?"
me: "who is this?"
man: "its blah blah on behalf of the princes trust"
me: "hello" (note i did not confrim who i was)
man: "hello, this call is regarding blah blah account, no payments have been made to your account since january."
me: "My account, what account is that? "
man: "your account Mr. hallam"
me: When did I say I was Mr. hallam?
man "silence"
me: hung up.
"Reason is the life of the law; nay, the common law itself is nothing else but reason. The law which is perfection of reason" Sir Edward Coke 1552-1634.

NO ONE RULES IF NO ONE OBEYS.

It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.
jonboy

Postby Veronica » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:47 am

Exactly.

BTW: They are LEGALLY OBLIGED to inform you if they are recording the conversation. Of course, that's a meaningless Statute, but they think it is 'real'.
Veronica
Founder
Founder

Postby Veronica » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:29 pm

I think probably the best one is:

"Hello, can I speak to blah-blah please?"

"I beg your pardon, who are you>"

"Oh I'm blah-blah"

"Yes, who did you say you wanted to speak to?"

"Blah-blah ... is that you?"

"Errr ... no ... I'm really sorry ... I have no idea who you mean ... you must have a wrong number. 'Bye"

So now, they have a problem. Do they cross off your number or try again? Continued application of this method leads to ... what? How about "No point in calling that number, it must be a wrong number"?

Listen: THEY lie to YOU. They operate without honour. Why should you not defned yourself in the most simple manner? Exactly the same for when they appear on your doorstep.

Remember: If they ever get stroppy ... they will HAVE to eventually send a LETTER ... and YOU CAN NOW DEAL WITH IT!

YOU HAVE NO REASON TO ACCEPT PHONE CALLS. They are an intrusion on your privacy and peace anyway. Friends & family is no intrusion because you WANT to talk to them.

You do NOt have to talk to anyone you don't want to. That's THE LAW (-of-the-LAND) ("You have the RIGHT to remain SILENT ... etc.". Geez ... they even ADMIT IT!

(No driver of ANY vehicle MUST carry someone they do not wish to be on board. EVEN IF THAT PERSON HAS PAID THEIR FARE. That's how a Bus Driver can chuck people off. And get the Policymen to do it if necessary. The Policymen NEVER ask the Driver 'why' ... then only ever ask 'who'. This is because the Driver has the RIGHT to say "I just don't like that person, and don't want that person on the bus I am driving". And the Policymen know that, so they never bother to ask for a reason. It's one of those times when a Policyman is actually implementing Common Law without realising it!)
Veronica
Founder
Founder

Postby jonboy » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:38 pm

I had littlewoods phoning me for quite some time, they were phoning my mobile, the phone contract was actually in my mother's name, so i kept telling them that this was deborah's phone, I don't know who this "Dr. John hallam" is, (my littlewoods catalogue pseudonym :lol: ). Now i really don't know how they got hold of this number, as it wasn't mine, and it certainly wasnt Dr. Hallams as he was imaginary. But they somehow did, I eventually told them to stop ringing me,I said the next time you ring asking for Dr. Hallam I am going to ring the police, the man actually apologised, and I have not been bothered again. It was nice of Dr. Hallam to buy me a kingsize bed, fridge, cooker and 3 piece suite though, thanks Doctor. Now what I can say is, Littlewoods were daft for allowing the account to be created in this case, as Dr. hallam does not even exist.
"Reason is the life of the law; nay, the common law itself is nothing else but reason. The law which is perfection of reason" Sir Edward Coke 1552-1634.

NO ONE RULES IF NO ONE OBEYS.

It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.
jonboy

Postby Veronica » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:45 pm

Well ... at least they didn't go broke, apparently.

Actually you remind me slightly of my younger son. During his time at the local Comprehensive, someone was going around with a screwdriver, and taking the screws out of the doorknobs. Also lifting the pulling chains off their fulcrums in the toilet cisterns.

Apparently the Headmaster was furious about all this, and went into tirades during Assembly.

(My son reckons he got away with it only because he didn't tell ANYONE else, and didn't brag about it)

Had I known about this at the time I would - of course - have killed him. At the age of 35, it's a bit too late to smack him now.
Veronica
Founder
Founder

PreviousNext

Return to Utility Bills