Old Credit Card Agreements

Old Credit Card Agreements

Postby Ivy » Fri May 15, 2009 6:16 am

I was wandering if anyone has a view on the position of old credit card debt that I have been servicing at an agreed rate for a period of time. Have I created a legacy legal position by previously agreeing to make a frequent payment or, am I still in a position to challenge this? I have been through the forum and haven't seen anything directly corresponding. Thanks
Ivy

Re: Old Credit Card Agreements

Postby BaldBeardyDude » Fri May 15, 2009 6:40 am

I would challenge it Ivy - send the template letters, m8.
They must find it hard to take Truth for authority who have so long mistaken Authority for Truth - Gerald Massey
BaldBeardyDude

Re: Old Credit Card Agreements

Postby jonboy » Fri May 15, 2009 8:11 am

I had one with The Prince's Trust, I had been paying £30 a month as an agreed token payment. I stopped my standing order in January when I became free. They were on the phone pretty quick, I told them I wasn't paying anymore "because I didn't want to", the lady sounded a bit puzzled, and asked if I knew where my ex-girlfriend lived (she was on the loan too), I said "sorry I don't, is there anything else I can help you with?", the lady said "no" and that was that. I haven't heard anything since. I wouldn't worry about agreements you have entered into. If you don't want to pay, don't pay. How can someone force you to pay, they can't. :wink:
"Reason is the life of the law; nay, the common law itself is nothing else but reason. The law which is perfection of reason" Sir Edward Coke 1552-1634.

NO ONE RULES IF NO ONE OBEYS.

It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.
jonboy

Return to General chat