Oh I'm black-listed ... yet again!

Oh I'm black-listed ... yet again!

Postby Veronica » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:23 pm

Be aware, you get black-listed by the anti-spam websites now & again.

It's been happening to me for a few years now, even though I've never sent any spam in my life.

My previous Web Hosts (GoDaddy) even blocked me from MYSELF! (I added my own e-mail address to the CC list, in order to prove the point).

Were GoDaddy ashamed? Of blocking me from myself? Not a bit of it! So I told them what to do with their Web Hosting ... of course.

The Web Hosts I now use are not exactly my 'favorites' ... based on what they did to my friend Rick Siegel ... but their up-time is guaranteed at 99% ... which is pretty hard to achieve ... and they aren't over-expensive.

And, furthermore, when I took on the Hosting, I agreed with them that they would never attach any of these UTTERLY FRAUDULENT 'anti-spam websites' to my Hosting/E-Mails. I do have a delete button.

The 'anti-spam' websites are only there to prevent freedom of speech at every possible opportunity.

(As Rick says ... he is black-listed as well in some quarters) You can always get yourself 'unlisted' by demanding 'proof' (which they will not have). However, to do so, means answering personal questions which they have no right to ask.

So, fuck them.

That's one of the benefits of this Forum. It is 'unblockable' by the fraudulent so-called 'anti-spammers'
Freedom's just another word for: "Nothing left to lose" (Janis Joplin)
"There is no path to peace, peace IS the path" (Mahatma Ghandi)
"There is no path to freedom, freedom IS the path" (Veronica Chapman)
Veronica
Founder
Founder

Re: Oh I'm black-listed ... yet again!

Postby SYF09 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:49 pm

Veronica have you ever experienced Purple Cloud web hosting?

I used to use this when I was fifteen or so, and I think it's still online. Not a recommendation. Just wondering if you're familiar or not.

Right now I'm using ixwebhosting, and I've noticed my site has gone down once or twice but nothing major. Perhaps it could be mobile broadband though, which I'm unfortunately stuck with. :-/
SYF09

Postby Veronica » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:48 pm

Hi Aden-Harry:

I've actually never heard of Purple Cloud. The big problem is I would have so much to shift if I moved.

There are about 4 sites all integrated on my one Hosting. That's a hell of a lot to sort out.

But thanks anyway.

The 99% up time I get is exceptional for Hostings. 95% is more normal, and that's probably what you are experiencing.

But, thanks anyway. Far too much to move unless I'm forced to.
Veronica
Founder
Founder

Postby Veronica » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:50 pm

Oh ... sorry ... the 'black-listing' isn't a function of my Hosting, if that was what you were thinking.

It would be the same wherever I was because it's tied to my e-mail addresses.
Veronica
Founder
Founder

Return to General chat