FMOTL Marriage, has it been done?

FMOTL Marriage, has it been done?

Postby aliensong » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:21 pm

I had somewhat of an epiphany last night.

I've been with my partner for a good few years now, fully committed and intending to spend the rest of my life with her; we're engaged and have been for three years or so. I've found myself avoiding thinking about marriage for no clear reason, it just didn't sit right with me.

I found out about the whole FMOTL thing a year, or so, ago and I've learned various things about licenses, registering, certificates and the like; marriage, like everything else, is not what it seemed.

We have decided we don't want to get officially married, we want to get REALLY married, i.e. proclaim our love and commitment for one another in front of beloved witnesses invoking the presence and blessing of our Creator etc......

Anyway, I had a thought last night that we could come up with a NOUICOR that expressed our "law" and promises concerning our marriage and the more I thought about it, the better it sounded. It would give us the opportunity to really explore what we want the union to be, totally reinvent the concept for our specific benefit.

I'm really excited by this idea and I'm wondering if anyone else has done this before. I'm also keen to discuss and reflect upon what the NOUICOR might contain, by way of a thought experiment.

What do you fine folk think?
:sun:
aliensong

Re: FMOTL Marriage, has it been done?

Postby gepisar » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:18 pm

That sounds wonderful!

And of course, if you both are freemen, then you are free to do as you please. By the sounds of you and your partner want a bi-lateral, rather than tri-lateral contract?

Im always somewhat reticent to ask personal questions of those who are going to get 'married'. Its a very personal thing, rather like having an artist analyse WHAT he does when he paints or whatever.

I presume you've read:

http://www.lawontheweb.co.uk/basics/cohabit.htm

or something similar.

Im interested in this bit:

If you have just been living together then you should be aware that there is no such thing in English law as a "common law wife" (or husband for that matter). If you live together and your relationship breaks down then it is each man or woman for themselves.

Of course! Sole intention of common-law 'partnership'...BUT I have heard to the contrary on this. I'll check with a family-law barrister i know.

Anyway, the bit I was driving at is the NOUICOR. Im not sure that it is appropriate in a marriage: what rights are you individually claiming? Im not sure that the two of you can be recognised as a union to express a claim of right.Only human beings can do this. You may both independently claim the rights you seek, but together, well, its starting to have a "corporate" feel about it. That is a good question though.

Ive never been married myself, so i dont know the ins and out of a "normal" wedding, but isnt there vows? I dont know how these are recorded: is it legally binding, sworn oaths or just words in church, witnessed before God?

I see no reason though, that you both can write "NOTICE OF UNDERSTANDING" and have them notarised if you want to bring this into the public. Would you?

Otherwise, wouldnt you make a private agreement/contract?

I think you've started a good thread...lots of questions to answer.
Poor is the man whose pleasures depend upon the permission of another.
"Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value - Zero" - Voltaire 1729
gepisar

Postby gepisar » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:27 pm

I just realised the meaning of "exchange vows".... this is the consideration in the (state) marriage contract!
What does the state bring in terms of consideration (and full disclosure?)
gepisar

Postby enegiss » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:31 pm

sounds great to me, it is only about, you two, before the creator, and the bessing he will give, all else is bs, :grin: friends are welcome to witness this tremendous event, peace unto you both what ever you choose
if you wish to create a favourable History, then you have to start now.
enegiss

Postby Dash » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:44 am

Hi aliensong,

I dont know of anyone that has done this before but its something that the other half and I have discussed.

When the time is right for us, we are planning to have a group of family and friends together we will make our promises to each other then have a big party to celebrate.

It is my understanding that back in the day, people would declaire their love for each other make their promises to each other then make a public anouncement, you were married. Im not 100% sure if this is the case but I have come across that somewhere.

Love and Peace
Dash

Postby ScotFree » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:31 pm

As a Wedding photographer I have had thoughts about this. Photographed a couple of Humanist weddings but they still included the register contract with the guberment.

Do include Handfasting in the ceremony.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handfasting

http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&source=hp&q=humanist+wedding&meta=&aq=2&oq=humanist&fp=a60718907b4ba39b

20% OFF for fmotl members. :in love:
Dave a Freeman, Scottish Highlands
http://www.freemanhighland.co.uk/
ScotFree

Postby holy vehm » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:48 pm

i presume to be married without a registrer being present, the state wouldnt recognise your marriage as official, but as freemen we dont live in their state but our own so our marriage can be what we want it to be as long as its honourable and with good intentions.
create your own ceromony and vows ect and if the state dont recognise it so what, you do, your friends and family do and any freeman in the world would.
anyway wouldnt registering give up ownership of the marriage to the state anyhow, so you wouldnt own your marriage, the state would and they will apply terms and conditions to that marriage, oh no no, freeman marriage all the way.

going back to the early ninties at a rave called tribal gathering one of the founders got married on stage with a druid i think doing the service with 25'000 witnesses.

:peace:
"A ruler who violates the law is illegitimate. He has no right to be obeyed. His commands are mere force and coercion. Rulers who act lawlessly, whose laws are unlawful, are mere criminals".
holy vehm

Location: http://www.fmotl.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=9142

Postby OneManAndHisDog » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:25 pm

I explain how I am (hopefully) going to do my own marriage at law in this thread...
o www.tpuc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3146

holy vehm wrote:i presume to be married without a registrer being present, the state wouldnt recognise your marriage as official, but as freemen we dont live in their state but our own so our marriage can be what we want it to be as long as its honourable and with good intentions.

yep. :)

The marriage won't be "official". - The word "official" means to be of a created "office" in/under some created jurisdiction. An "office" and its "officers" are "subject" to that jurisdiction and have fiduciary duties and obligations thereunder.

The marriage will be lawful. - As signed or sealed between the two marrying folk, and witnessed by a number of other people of equal standing (i.e. as free men*).

I will issue a number of my own "certificates" (bits of paper) as witnessed. And for the problem of passing it into their jurisdiction, I'll likely have a Notary Public present if possible so that I may put several of the proofs under "authorized" (in their jurisdiction) seal.

If not present at the wedding and signing, then I'll arrange to have them notarized later so that I may inform my public servants of my new established family ( - don't forget, the People are the Beneficiary of the Trust that is Government). I'll also follow this up with a family Trust at law of my own making.

But it's not only a matter of doing this. - See the link for more information, ask anything.

* By "men" I include weremen and women, or any other form of "man".

( Registration of a right or property establishing it in Trust | Fundamentals of Trusts | Fundamentals of the common law etc. (1-5) )
OneManAndHisDog

Postby the_common_law_reverend_kenny » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:24 pm

What do you fine folk think?

My (soon to be ex)wife but current partner and I are about to divorce so that we can re-marry later on with a covenant of marriage before our family and god. ( (same thoughts about the licences, tptb can put it where the sun dont shine...)

Agreed... :in love:
:peace:
SOVEREIGN: not controlled by outside forces: autonomous; self-governing; independent "a sovereign people" <> "by any peaceful administritive means necessary" - the way of the order.
the_common_law_reverend_kenny

Postby gepisar » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:32 pm

But why would you get the marriage notorized, thus bringing into the public? Is that wise? Isnt that what you're trying to avoid???
gepisar

Next

Return to General chat