The Correspondence & Enquiry Unit
2/W1
HM Treasury
1 Horse Guards Road
London
SW1A 2HQ

Request for Information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000

Dear Sirs,

I would like to know how money is created, and how it is valued? For example, how much and of what is the value of a £10 bank note. I have been reading some interesting information on the internet regarding money and would like to be able to confirm with yourself as to whether or not my findings are true.

My next question is what is a man/womans signature worth in the UK? It appears that all a bank requires to grant me a loan is an agreement signed by me to pay that money back, along with my National Insurance number witnessed by the bank manager/clerk. If this is the case does this mean that my signature has limitless value? Why is my NI Required in such a bank transaction? And if money is created by my signing of an agreement to pay it back (i.e a promissory note) do the banks actually print extra money for the loan, if not where does the money come from?

If my signature and National Insurance Number are on the loan agreement, can this be traded by the bank to the treasury or any other government body/dept or agent for collection of payment?

I look forward to your reply

Andrew James: Buxton
"A human being is a part of the Universe, limited only in time and space. He experiences himself and his thoughts as separated from the rest, like an optical delusion of his consciousness."
http://www.expose-the-system.org http://www.theukproject.com
Andrew

Re: My RFI under the freedom of Information Act 2000

Postby huntingross » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:45 pm

Why do I get the feeling that most of that will go un-answered....pertinent questions though.
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Return to General chat