Back on Wednesday! The fun will continue...

Back on Wednesday! The fun will continue...

Postby geebee » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:49 pm

If the hotel has wifi I will log in tomorrow hopefully, but if not, see you all Wednesday!

Stay sexy, freeman forum.
geebee

Re: Back on Wednesday! The fun will continue...

Postby woodman » Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:50 pm

Enjoy the beautiful place that is Snowdon, forget the wi-fi and sleep under the stars. :)

I find it strange that you consider the debating on here as "fun". For me the whole concept and the reasons for it are much more serious I believe. Alas, you are always going to get the ignorant people, who through lack of knowledge of an issue, dismisses those in the know as nutters, simply because the truth is too complicated or unpalatable.

Here's a great well known video that shows how ignorant Police Officers are ridiculed probably forever there on youtube.

Police harrass man filming on his own door step
‘Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, no one but ourselves can free our minds’- Robert Nesta Marley (1945 - 1981)

‘All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing’ - Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)
woodman
Administrator
Administrator

Postby werone » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:07 pm

I can only speak of myself but I think the majority of us have been guilty of mistakes in life. I dont think the video is conducive to open and mature debate.
werone

Postby woodman » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:25 pm

werone wrote:I can only speak of myself but I think the majority of us have been guilty of mistakes in life. I dont think the video is conducive to open and mature debate.

I posted the video link, which is of a true incident as an example to geebee, if and when he becomes a Police Officer, of what may happen if he is ignorant to the "law". Making mistakes as a Police Officer could have more serious consequences than mistakes made in life in general.
Last edited by woodman on Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
‘Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, no one but ourselves can free our minds’- Robert Nesta Marley (1945 - 1981)

‘All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing’ - Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)
woodman
Administrator
Administrator

Postby werone » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:17 am

woodman wrote:
werone wrote:I can only speak of myself but I think the majority of us have been guilty of mistakes in life. I dont think the video is conducive to open and mature debate.

I posted the video link, which is of a true incident as an example to geebee, if and when he becomes a Police Officer, of what may happen if he is ignorant to the "law". Making mistakes as a Police Officer could have more serious consequences than mistakes made in life in general.

Sorry, I could have worded my post better. I was thinking of how the link may cause those that are in the current policy officer mindset to kneejerk a reaction when confronted with a video of an unlawful action that is committed everyday.
I will say where I am coming from;
I am ex military (joined 83) and often carried a fully loaded weapon, 7.62 in the early days and 5.56 before i was disharged. Others and I where always taught to use shock tactics (scream, shout, physical force to to overwhelm the target so as to gain the upperhand) and I did use that tactic more than once and when I look back I cringe and think how brainwashed I was. If a video was shown 25 years ago with the mindset I had then I would think that the posters on the site where a bunch of wasted nutters and not worthy of attention.
I think of this website as a warm home with a welcoming fire, nice cuppa, good company and a place where enlightened minds meet and try and change the future for the better of our children and our childrens children.
Basically, some are not yet prepared to look in the mirror and see themselves as the transgressor and will only kick and shout and then go onto other sights calling us a bunch of cop haters (which we are not).
werone

Postby Highspirit » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:32 am

There are many apparatly lost causes in this world, one of the main one's is the on-going freedom of human beings.

Anyway, I too am ex forces and I too carried an SLR and then subsequently the 5.56mm and I too think back and feel stupid. However, being ex Police I also know that whenever you make a comment or statement then you should support it with your own evidence. Yes people can question that, it is called the freedom to question and debate issues. I have no problem there just as long as anyone who counters my points does so with their own evidence for me to review rather than just dismiss things as 'you are just a nutball'. I enjoy researching points and I am always open to change my opinions if I feel that research has given me convincing substance to do so. My evidence of that is where my views stand today as opposed to just a few years ago.

I see that video being put forward as a means of supporting evidence in both camps (having seen it on the policy forum). Their view was that the camaraman was in the wrong and was ridiculed. I decided to question their stance on that video by putting forward my reasons and views as to why the officers themselves were blatantly abusing their authority. I speak with good standing and 14yrs police service holding the rank of Police Sergeant for 6yrs of that 14.

The officers themselves were performing their duties unlawfully. They entered upon the premises of a 'person' who was using his camara quite innocently. They had no right to enter that 'persons' garden/premises and were therefore acting outside of their jurisdiction. They were not invited upon that land and we have to stick to our rights here. We should never allow any authority upon our land without our permission or we lose evrything that our forefathers stood for. After all an english mans house is his castle.

Therefore I defend the video being shown and put forward as long as it is done so in support of a reasoned argument and not to be just ridiculed with flippant and ignorant remarks.

Did you notice both the officers get on their radios to speak to a supervisor/Sergeant? They did so because they were out of their depth and didn't really know what they were doing. It was a blatant abuse of authority and bordered a serious neglect of duty and trespass. That is why they left without any acknowledment that they were in the wrong and just walked away. Their Sergeant obviously told them that they were wrong. If I had been the camaraman then, with my knowledge I would have made a complaint. We must never go down the road of believing that a policy man can just wonder onto your premises, try and wind you up to create a Statute offence like Public Order that they are comfortable using, and then report you for an offence or even arrest you, maybe for a breach of the peace so they can get you to the station to charge you to court. And of course creating the offence to justify being on your property. One big point there though, if they entered unlawfully in the first place (as they did) then even if they created an offence afterwards to enforce a Statute or arrest then it would have been a malicious prosection and thrown out and if a complaint was made then compensation could be sought and the officers disciplined. If you had a NOU and COR in place then you would be in a very advantageous position.

I support showing the video.
Know Thyself
Highspirit

Return to General chat