Religious hypocrisy

Religious hypocrisy

Postby iamani » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:17 pm

Greetings!

Any talk of the 'destruction of ALL religion to me smacks of the rankest most ignorant hypocrisy. It's like the 'War on Drugs' - bill hicks put it best by pointing out that it was in fact the 'War on SOME drugs'. Well, when people talk about destroying all religions what they mean to say is 'all religions except MY religion'. Just like anyone who professes disdain for 'beliefs' never even seeing that belief underpins their whole existence - and yet still 'believing' in their own intelligence - it's simply ludicrous.

One contentious belief of certain religions is the concept of 'sin'. Although i understand the concept i don't hold to it, but if i did i would have to say the deadliest sin is ignorance. It is the ultimate self-erected barrier to freedom. It is based on ego and ego lives in fear. If you are not working on your own self-realisation then your ignorance, fear and ego will ALWAYS control you.

Is that living?

Cheers!
law is all is love is all is law
iamani

Re: Religious hypocrisy

Postby iamani » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:44 pm

Greetings!

So let's expand on the idea. i'm sure some might point to the possibility that those who espouse the destruction of all religion are in fact atheists who have no belief. Not so! They 'believe' there is no god, and will often defend that belief just as fiercely as any other religious zealot. They both (atheist and zealot) express devotion to ideas and stories that can't be proven - is that not a definition of religion?

Next up: Scientism

Cheers!
iamani

Postby musashi » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:12 am

iamani wrote:Greetings!

So let's expand on the idea. i'm sure some might point to the possibility that those who espouse the destruction of all religion are in fact atheists who have no belief. Not so! They 'believe' there is no god, and will often defend that belief just as fiercely as any other religious zealot. They both (atheist and zealot) express devotion to ideas and stories that can't be proven - is that not a definition of religion?

Next up: Scientism

Cheers!

Belief

Postby musashi » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:08 am
Belief may be described as perpetual hope in the face of relentless doubt.
The perfect barrier to understanding!
Musashi

Reality

Postby musashi » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:04 am
Reality may be described as a series of complicated interactions between the observer and the observed.
Of course, that is just a viewpoint.
Musashi.....

Re: Reality

Postby musashi » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:57 pm

Prajna wrote:
I think it was Kerry Thornley who said something like "Religion is simply the fight over who to blame for the current reality"

This, too, will pass.
Musashi.

Did You Know?

Postby musashi » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:29 pm
Did you know that everyone is born an atheist?
Musashi.

First there was spirituality, then came the business of religion. Remove religion, bring back spirituality.
Spirituality never crucified anyone, never called for their murder, never hated others' differences.
I loathe religion.
When the last brick from the last church.mosque.synagogue.temple falls on the head of the last priest then manknd might find freedom.
Musashi.
ISLAM DELENDA EST
musashi

Postby iamani » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:34 am

Greetings!

As promised.... 'Scientism'

Science - Systematic knowledge of the physical or material world gained through OBSERVATION and EXPERIMENTATION

Religion - ...something one believes in devotedly WITHOUT QUESTION (or proof for that matter!)

Scientism - ? i suggest you read on and come to your own conclusion.

OK, so what is the largest religion in the world? Christianity? No. Islam? No. Hindu? Sikh? Buddhist? No, no and no. The biggest religion ever with more fanatical devotees (with not one fundamentalist among the lot of them, first time ever that's not a good thing!) is - 'Scientism'.

The 'Chosen Ones' of this religion refer to themselves as 'The Atheists' and are zealous in the protection of their faith and beliefs.
The rest of the congregation is made up of the supposed adherents of other faiths who have succumbed to the indoctrination known as 'schooling', and constant media bombardment which is followed by peer pressure. The 'true' catholicism of our day one might say.

It presents it's priesthood (mostly mathemagicians eg Einstein, and actors eg Neil Disgrace Tyson, Bill Lie the Scientism Guy) in white robes of holiness and offers the most ludicrous of stories that its followers accept (and promote!) as absolute fact. Their lies are taught in schools as the be-all and end-all of knowledge.

The tenets of their faith are held as unassailable, the sanctity of their scriptures (called 'theories) to be defended at all costs, no matter how ridiculous. Take their Holy Trinity for example - 'The Big Bang Story', 'The Helio-centric Earth Story' and everybody's favorite fire-side tale 'The Story Of Evolution'. Just you try and offer a different 'Story' and watch the cognitive dissonance lash out to defend their... beliefs! And whatever you do, do not, i repeat DO NOT under ANY circumstances offer to debunk the Holiest of Holies - GRAVITY! They always, always drop something - with a look that makes even the most centred of beings want to tw@t the smug c&#t. If the offending 'scientestai' had looked into Universal Law he might have known one can better explain the effect known as gravity with but one sentence and de-bunk evolution at the same time: Like attracts like, and like breeds like. Or even shorter if you like - like attracts like breeds like. Or if he was into physics he could have explored how it's all electricity in its different states and combinations of states.

If you're not sure how to tell the difference between science and Scientism, when a (usually) white-robed mathemagician/high(he must be)priest offers you a 'story' that you are to take as 'gospel'but is told in numbers rather than words you can rest assured that you are witnessing a sermon of Scientism. Which leads me to offer - again! - possibly the 2nd best advice ever:

BELIEVE NOTHING WHICH DEPENDS ONLY ON THE AUTHORITY OF YOUR MASTERS OR PRIESTS!

So to all who advocate the 'destruction of ALL religions' please have the decency to defy self-hypocrisy and start with your own religion - be it Scientism or any other.

Cheers!
iamani

Return to General chat