People behave socially and 'well' even without rules

People behave socially and 'well' even without rules

Postby holy vehm » Sun May 13, 2012 8:04 am

http://phys.org/news/2012-01-people-socially.html

Excerpt:
Fundamentally people behave in a social and rather compassionate and "good" way rather than aggressively, even without specified rules. That is the result of a study from the Institute for Science of Complex Systems at the MedUni Vienna under the leadership of Stefan Thurner and Michael Szell. They analysed the behaviour of more than 400,000 participants of the “Virtual Life” game “Pardus” on the Internet. The findings are that only two percent of all actions are aggressive, even though the game would make it easy for war-like attacks with spaceships, for example.
"A ruler who violates the law is illegitimate. He has no right to be obeyed. His commands are mere force and coercion. Rulers who act lawlessly, whose laws are unlawful, are mere criminals".
holy vehm

Location: http://www.fmotl.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=9142

Re: People behave socially and 'well' even without rules

Postby squark » Sun May 13, 2012 8:27 am

Nice bit of info! We are the 99%
So the top 1%, who ruthlessly and relentlessly climb their way up the slippery pole for the prize of ruling over us, even in a virtual world......and the most offended and defeated of their victims, fighting for survival? Extremists.....extremely rich and extremely poor, is that where to look if one wanted to find solutions......Well it makes sense to me!
And the Lord spake unto his people, he said "Get Off MY Bloody Land!"
And the people gave unto the Lord, freely they gave him The Finger
squark

Postby ArturoDekko » Sun May 13, 2012 4:53 pm

Don't know if anyone can find the link to this story: In a town, I'm guessing Scandinavian, they removed all the traffic controlling signs. Traffic flow improved and accident rates went down. When confronted with having to take responsibility instead of relying on others directions, people become more considerate.
There was a busy junction with traffic lights I used to drive through. Normal rush hour was at least 1/4 mile queue. One day the lights went down and suddenly there was no queue, everyone just paused as they approached and four lanes of traffic just fitted smoothly between the gaps, was wonderful to see. Coming back, there was a mile long queue with a policeman in the middle holding everything up!
Take away the rules, except the Golden Rule - Do unto others as you would be done by, and see the world blossom. :love: :sun:
S E E F O R Y O U R S E L F

Know yourself and you shall know the truth. The truth shall set you free.
ArturoDekko

Postby FASEN8R » Sun May 13, 2012 5:33 pm

ArturoDekko wrote:Don't know if anyone can find the link to this story: In a town, I'm guessing Scandinavian, they removed all the traffic controlling signs. Traffic flow improved and accident rates went down. When confronted with having to take responsibility instead of relying on others directions, people become more considerate.
There was a busy junction with traffic lights I used to drive through. Normal rush hour was at least 1/4 mile queue. One day the lights went down and suddenly there was no queue, everyone just paused as they approached and four lanes of traffic just fitted smoothly between the gaps, was wonderful to see. Coming back, there was a mile long queue with a policeman in the middle holding everything up!
Take away the rules, except the Golden Rule - Do unto others as you would be done by, and see the world blossom. :love: :sun:

There's this one that's a bit closer to home mate......

http://www.youtube.com/v/lwHfibl1AoI

Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I may remember. Involve me and I Learn!!
FASEN8R

Postby ArturoDekko » Sun May 13, 2012 8:32 pm

Very good example FASEN8R :yes:
The same applies to ALL spheres of human endeavour. The resistance is the same as in this example, the control is some ones multi-billion pound industry following the adage - If there's profit in it, sod the people. I estimate, and conservatively I think, that if we removed the false banking system and all the associate fiat jobs and control systems, that we would all be 100x better of financially. What cost £1 in my childhood now cost £100 but is still only worth that £1; some one else is getting £99 of my money and I certainly did not say they could have it. I bought a sweet for 75p the other day and wondered what my Mum would have said if I told her I had spent 15 bob (30 weeks pocket money at sixpence a week) on one sweet that was worth less than a thre'penny bit!
Looking forward to all these promised arrests of the bankers, followed by the release of true prosperity and the unleashing uf human empathy and kindness :love: :sun:
S E E F O R Y O U R S E L F

Know yourself and you shall know the truth. The truth shall set you free.
ArturoDekko

Postby pedawson » Sun May 13, 2012 8:49 pm

ArturoDekko your wish is coming true, the forces are gathering momentum and will not be able to be ignored for much longer.
The WORLD is waking up at a pace that has never been seen before, we do not see it because we have a corrupt media but that is changing.
We must all remember, those that have been part of the problem have a greater being to answer to and it is not our place to question. Those that are turning from their ways now and help humanity have been given a second chance, but will still have to answer for there deeds. In order for them to recompense for their deeds they will have to lead from the front and bring out all that they have hidden or helped to hide.

This too is happening, hold on to your sanity because it is going to be a rough ride for a little while and it will come from a place no one expected.

Viva revolution - We are many they are few and getting fewer.

A shock to 'ALL' is coming and it will be an indication of things to come. Have no fear though, only those who consider themselves in control need worry, and it does not stop when it gets to councils and the like, they are just as culpable - This comes from my usual source and funnily enough it comes at around this time, not always but generally.

Namaste, rev; By the way there are more of us than you could ever imagine - it opened my eyes.
Don't be surprised to discover that luck favours those who are prepared
pedawson

Return to Building a New Society