Need Help looking for land

Need Help looking for land

Postby dmurphy25 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:56 am

Hi Everybody,

I have been working on an idea for the last several months to create a freeman community that is completely self sufficient and self sustaining. I am currently in the late planning stages for the construction of a house that can generate its own power, grow its own food, collect and recycle its own water and waste etc.

I am currently working on the power system which is based on a free-energy design, you can see one of my prototypes on youtube

I got some very encouraging results from my experiments and I am currently working on a scaled up version which should be able to provide 5KW of continuous power and that should be enough to supply an efficient low energy house.

The idea will be to construct the first prototype house, live in it for a year to prove the concept and then construct a small community of houses that form a connected network that automatically shares surplus resources.

I have received a huge amount of support for this project with a large number of people willing to help out with their skills and labour come construction time but the most pressing problem is that we need to locate some land to build this on.

I'm looking for between 4 and 10 acres of agricultural or pasture land preferably in the South or South East of the country (only because that is where most of my support is located) but I will consider anywhere in the country.

So, if anyone knows of any land like this that is up for sale or even appears to be unclaimed land then please let me know... perhaps if you have a little time to spare you could take a look around where you live and provide a few leads or ideas.

Thanks in advance for any help, and if you are interested in getting involved or being a part of the first prototype community then give me a shout :D

Dave.
...one group of apes left the safety of the trees and stood upright in the tall savannah grass, some of these apes began to evolve, but most were hit by cars!
dmurphy25

Re: Need Help looking for land

Postby Zaniwhoop » Fri May 07, 2010 8:29 pm

All cool stuff Dave. I had been looking into VAWTs as they seem a pretty practical power solution.
Shaw's principle.
"A government which robs Peter
to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul"

Sublato fundamento cadit opus The foundation being removed, the superstructure falls.
Zaniwhoop
Administrator
Administrator

Postby holy vehm » Fri May 07, 2010 8:34 pm

Have you looked at any of these sites

http://www.woodlands.co.uk/
http://www.uklandandfarms.co.uk/

If you had to purchase the land have you considered creating a co-op society.

:peace:
hv
"A ruler who violates the law is illegitimate. He has no right to be obeyed. His commands are mere force and coercion. Rulers who act lawlessly, whose laws are unlawful, are mere criminals".
holy vehm

Location: http://www.fmotl.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=9142

Postby Zaniwhoop » Sat May 08, 2010 11:01 pm

holy vehm wrote:If you had to purchase the land have you considered creating a co-op society.
That would seem to make a great deal of sense to make it affordable for all. The big issue for me though would be the building of things without needing planning permission. I don't want to have to ask for permission, but I don't want the 'authorities' coming along and forcing deconstruction, which is why I'd like this to be somewhere where nobody else can claim jurisdiction, or try to force such.

Same problem with the woodland idea, inasmuch as it's tricky to be allowed to build stuff. Maybe if we found somewhere extremely remote that would be highly unlikely to be discoved :puzz:
Zaniwhoop
Administrator
Administrator

Postby dmurphy25 » Sat May 08, 2010 11:27 pm

Zaniwhoop wrote:
holy vehm wrote:If you had to purchase the land have you considered creating a co-op society.
That would seem to make a great deal of sense to make it affordable for all. The big issue for me though would be the building of things without needing planning permission. I don't want to have to ask for permission, but I don't want the 'authorities' coming along and forcing deconstruction, which is why I'd like this to be somewhere where nobody else can claim jurisdiction, or try to force such.

Same problem with the woodland idea, inasmuch as it's tricky to be allowed to build stuff. Maybe if we found somewhere extremely remote that would be highly unlikely to be discoved :puzz:

Hey Zaniwhoop and HV,

First off I think I've found the land, seven acres surrounded on all sides by farm land, about half a mile from the nearest residential area and perfect for building earth covered buildings :cheer:

I am not prepared to let anyone do what I wouldnt do myself so I depending what I find when I get there and the say so of the transportation and plant expert I'll take with me I will fund the purchase by getting a loan and dealing with it in the same way I dealt with my credit cards :giggle: The idea being that anyone who wants to join the community and live there will probably have to follow suit (at least initially)

Regarding planning permission... thats a statute isnt it? :giggle: As I said its very remote and there are some facts about the land that mean that having equipment coming and going will not be out of the ordinary, besides, if the local council wants to come in heavy handed they will have to first find all the houses, dig them out and then knock them down :sun:

I have started to put together a website to pull together all the help and support I have gathered thus far, gather more and to get people working on the projects needed to get this off the ground... Its at http://www.thefreemanleague.com theres nothing much there at the moment (I'm trying to design the database at the moment and its a little slow going) but watch this space :sun:
...one group of apes left the safety of the trees and stood upright in the tall savannah grass, some of these apes began to evolve, but most were hit by cars!
dmurphy25

Return to Building a New Society