Alternative Monetary System

Alternative Monetary System

Postby sektor » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:25 pm

Hi all :)

In already collapsed reality on political, economical and moral issues, expecting the last big battle in the war for the global bankruptcy, the one for auction of sovereign bonds, i would like to share some useful info.

Alternative currencies have already become a viable option, by using them we can build bridges between individuals, companies, countries and their unfulfilled needs and objectives.

Ownership of financial system for the community is of the key importance to achieve any kind of lasting prosperity.

If you are looking around for available options in this crazy times, here's something different from everything else, there is nothing to lose.

Crom Alternative Currency System is one of the valuable new tools available to all people worldwide interested in building a better future based on sustainable economy and common sense, financial democracy and social justice in whose heart beats the monetary sovereignty and financial independence of all community members as a basic condition of existing for any democratic civil society.

Access to community currency system here.
sektor

Re: Alternative Monetary System

Postby sektor » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:31 pm

Nobody needs to be told that we live in difficult times, our civilization is imploding on itself.

So you would like to try to use alternative currency, or to build some sort of your own community currency system.

Why? And How?

It doesn't matter whether you call them local currencies or alternative currencies.

What matters is how you respond to those community currencies...

Community Currencies: Theory And Practical Experiences

sektor

Postby kliff » Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:20 pm

Check this out:

http://thelewespound.org/

and

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/8245276.stm

How to make a difference
10 steps to creating your own local currency - http://thelewespound.org/59.html

As a start: what resources do we have on the forum to start the Free£.
My consent is neither expressed nor implied.
kliff

Postby Karl:J » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:05 pm

I would look into Mathematically perfected economy from Mike Montagne http://www.perfecteconomy.com/ not only does he give the history and reasons for the failure he has also produced the fix... it only needs sufficiently intelligent people in power to implement. Iceland and Venezuela are 2 countries where discussions are ongoing.
Men fight for liberty, and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools.
And their grandchildren are once more slaves.
Karl:J

Postby Farmer » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:27 pm

direct democracy principles

What exactly is that?
If you're scared of 'them' poisoning 'us' with some shit then maybe you haven't noticed the shit they are already poisoning us with.
- prajna - fmotl.co.uk forum 2011
Farmer

Postby Farmer » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:36 pm

Karl:J wrote:http://www.perfecteconomy.com

The end of democracy and defeat of the American Revolution

I doubt that Thomas Jefferson said that because America is not and has never been a democracy.

A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine.
- Thomas Jefferson (American 3rd US President (1801-09). Author of the Declaration of Independence. 1762-1826)
If you're scared of 'them' poisoning 'us' with some shit then maybe you haven't noticed the shit they are already poisoning us with.
- prajna - fmotl.co.uk forum 2011
Farmer

Postby Freeman Stephen » Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:27 am

From the vague bit I read it sounds like a time bank - the currency is an exchange of labour time.

I like this idea but my criticisms are
1: Commodities (labour crystalised in a material good) which already exist are mostly owned by people who dont work. We, (the people who do work) need these commodities to produce more commodities - ie we need hammers and saws to build workbenches. The factors of production still end up in the hands of those who do not work.
2: Retirement beckons for us all since hopefully we will reach an age beyond which we cannot do any work. If the amount of work we store up for retirement cannot be invested so that it will keep its value then at some point in our retirement we will run out of money.

My criticisms arent fatal, but facts of life that should be ironed out of the eventual system we adopt.
Freeman Stephen

Return to Building a New Society